5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time leasing. Looking for advice.

anthonyd68

Reaction score
Hey everyone so I have a 2019 ram 1500 that I leased a year and say 5 months ago. I was in deep with a Jeep GC that I had prior to this that had some serious issues with the motor. The dealer gave me a deal in a half on the trade in $4k over what I owed on the Jeep and I went shopping. I decided to go with the ram. I was iffy about leasing but My lease agreement has my buying price after 3 years at $19,250. So basically when my lease is up I get the option to buy my truck for under $20k. Sticker was $54k I paid $42k after all the dealer incentives and the deals they gave me.

So my situation is I recently installed a new stereo system in the truck.
front component speakers
rear component speakers
4 chan amplifier to power them
a under seat sub enclosure with 2 10" subs
and a 1000x1 amp to power the subs
a small base knob under dash.
sound deadening in the entire interior including the headliner
and all 0 gauge wire for my amps.

I also installed lasfit led lowbeams and switchback fog lights along with interior bulbs.

along with tinting the windows and tinting my windshield

so my question is when I go in for service will they say anything about my mods? I have an issue with my passenger mirror its either off the track or something because it doesn't fold anymore it just flaps like a dead fish. so i'm going to get an oil change and tell them to fix the mirror. I'm guessing its under warranty.

any advice? anyone ever go through a similar situation ?

camaro430sut

Reaction score
Honestly service won't even be aware youre on a lease. The modifications and their potential ramifications on turn in are between you and the leasing company.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone so I have a 2019 ram 1500 that I leased a year and say 5 months ago. I was in deep with a Jeep GC that I had prior to this that had some serious issues with the motor. The dealer gave me a deal in a half on the trade in $4k over what I owed on the Jeep and I went shopping. I decided to go with the ram. I was iffy about leasing but My lease agreement has my buying price after 3 years at $19,250. So basically when my lease is up I get the option to buy my truck for under $20k. Sticker was $54k I paid $42k after all the dealer incentives and the deals they gave me.

So my situation is I recently installed a new stereo system in the truck.
front component speakers
rear component speakers
4 chan amplifier to power them
a under seat sub enclosure with 2 10" subs
and a 1000x1 amp to power the subs
a small base knob under dash.
sound deadening in the entire interior including the headliner
and all 0 gauge wire for my amps.

I also installed lasfit led lowbeams and switchback fog lights along with interior bulbs.

along with tinting the windows and tinting my windshield

so my question is when I go in for service will they say anything about my mods? I have an issue with my passenger mirror its either off the track or something because it doesn't fold anymore it just flaps like a dead fish. so i'm going to get an oil change and tell them to fix the mirror. I'm guessing its under warranty.

any advice? anyone ever go through a similar situation ?
Shouldn't be an issue because there's no mechanical modifications done...like air intake, throttle body upgrade or any ECU changes.

nburd

Reaction score
You should be good. They do not know you leased it. Leasing can be a great deal. My son did a 2020 warlock Hemi lease. When he buys it after 42 months, he will have paid under $35K for the truck. I leased a 2013 crew 4x4 Hemi express in 2013 for $179/mo, 24 months.. I had so much fun with that truck and loved Every minute with it. I only did 2 oil changes and rotated the tires. I loved the payment too. I did not buy it at the end as I wanted a full size SUV. Now, I bought my new Ram but contemplated leasing. It was only $100 less per month to lease so buying had more incentive.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should be good. They do not know you leased it. Leasing can be a great deal. My son did a 2020 warlock Hemi lease. When he buys it after 42 months, he will have paid under $35K for the truck. I leased a 2013 crew 4x4 Hemi express in 2013 for $179/mo, 24 months.. I had so much fun with that truck and loved Every minute with it. I only did 2 oil changes and rotated the tires. I loved the payment too. I did not buy it at the end as I wanted a full size SUV. Now, I bought my new Ram but contemplated leasing. It was only $100 less per month to lease so buying had more incentive.
Wish I could have a payment like that again lol. I almost leased a new one too...until I found a 2019 CPO for $28K and 15k miles on her lol.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
I’ve made changes (see below) to mine and they have no care or clue. I’ll be buying the truck in 16 months when my lease is up, so I’m not worried. :)

revvr

Reaction score
Like others have said, service might not even know it is a lease. However, they can write notes in your service records which could be pulled and checked upon returning the lease.

If you know you're going to buy it out at the end of the lease, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

CJR28

Reaction score
Ditto, the service dept has no clue that your leasing your truck. Im currently leasing to buy and already have extensively modded my truck and have plans for much more. The way the truck market is moving currently, a tastefully modded truck will probably catch few grand over the same truck in a few years. My residual on 17’ express black package was $25k, it sold for a touch over $30k(I was watching hoping for a deal on a second truck lol). Mopar/ name brand mods always help too

ColtonFrederick

Reaction score
Your Ram sounds awesome with all those mods – you've really made it your own. Regarding service, most dealerships are pretty cool about mods that don't directly affect the issue you're bringing it in for. Warranty should still cover non-mod related stuff, like the mirror. Just be open with them about what you've done. If you ever need advice beyond trucks, a great Mortgage Broker in Bath could help you. Keep enjoying your beast on wheels, and hope the service goes smoothly! 🚗💥

Last edited:
U

User_3336

Your Ram sounds awesome with all those mods – you've really made it your own. Regarding service, most dealerships are pretty cool about mods that don't directly affect the issue you're bringing it in for. Warranty should still cover non-mod related stuff, like the mirror. Just be open with them about what you've done.
&#$(%&U#($&%, I clicked on this topic thinking it was a new thread! and its freaking THREE years old! LOLOL

Users who are viewing this thread