5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First oil change, dealer pricing.

Zoompastu

Reaction score
First off let me say I really don’t care personally what anybody does with their vehicle. Drive it in a lake, I don’t care it has no effect on me. But I’ve always found it personally humorous to listen to people that are consumers believe that they are the experts. I have a degree in automotive technology. I was a certified BMW technician. I was a service advisor for Ram. I did warranty repairs and submitted paperwork for warranty repairs. I know how the warranty claims process works and I know the federal laws surrounding it. 16 years in the industry. How many years of experience working for a automotive company do you have? Oh you have never worked at a dealership in a shop in the last 20 years if ever? Then what makes you an expert? What makes you so knowledgeable? Oh you’re not you’re just a keyboard warrior with an opinion. OK I understand now…

You can modify your oil system all you want. If your door lock switch goes out or your alternator goes out and you have warranty covering those components, the aftermarket parts you installed will not void your warranty for those covered components. If you have and engine issue and you have aftermarket components on there it is not FCA’s original design it is not FCA’s parts and it is not FCA‘s problem. You are 100% fully on the hook. FCA provides a warranty for their parts and their design. They are not responsible for a non-certified ram technician or shade tree mechanic messing with things and going away from what they have created. This is fact and you can dispute it all you want But at the end of the day after your hissy fit flopping on the floor in front of the managers office at the dealership screaming and cursing about how you’re going to sue the dealership and sue Ram you need to own the fact that you put yourself in that situation and you are going to have to pay the repair bill and FCA has every right to give you the middle finger and they are not the bad guy for denying your warranty because you think you’re smarter than they are.

That said there are aftermarket parts that can be engineered better than factory parts. I modify every vehicle I own or have owned. But I understand that there is risk involved and the auto manufacture does not have to honor a warranty on a modified vehicle.

Can’t tell you how many third-party warranties had claims denied because they would send out an inspector and see that the vehicle had modified suspension or exhaust or intake and even if it wasn’t related to the breakdown they would deny the warranty claim because in the small print of the contract it stated the vehicle must not be modified in anyway or the whole contract was void.

You can post whatever you want but when you do post in the future try and ask yourself is what I’m contributing to the community helpful or not.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can’t tell you how many third-party warranties had claims denied because they would send out an inspector and see that the vehicle had modified suspension or exhaust or intake and even if it wasn’t related to the breakdown they would deny the warranty claim because in the small print of the contract it stated the vehicle must not be modified in anyway or the whole contract was void.

You can post whatever you want but when you do post in the future try and ask yourself is what I’m contributing to the community helpful or not.

Well you definitely aren't helpful by sitting around telling lies and bias. How many warranties have you defended in court and gotten SUBSTANTIAL settlements on? A very large portion of the legalese is to purposely deny claims to make more money. Only a certain amount of people will fight it.
I fight, I fight dirty and I fight mean. I'm a ragged looking young multimillionire. I have a lawyer button on my phone. Some meathead whose been in the business for 16 or 20 maybe 30 years and thinks he knows everything is exactly the guy I like to drag into a courtroom and bankrupt while giving him a lesson on contract and warranty law and civil liability. I get me settlement, then go for licenses, liens on property and shutdown dealerships How many dealerships have you successfully shutdown and had their license suspend for unpaid judgements? You ever done a sheriff sale and sold every chair computer and expensive piece of shop equipment for pennies on the dollar all while GM is crying on the phone for someone to pay? its fun.
But sure go void warranties illegally it pays trebeled damages and opens you up to civil, criminal and federal liability. Ever been sued 3 times for the same act? Let me show you how and not make it double jeopardy when you break multiple laws you never heard of.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well you definitely aren't helpful by sitting around telling lies and bias. How many warranties have you defended in court and gotten SUBSTANTIAL settlements on? A very large portion of the legalese is to purposely deny claims to make more money. Only a certain amount of people will fight it.
I fight, I fight dirty and I fight mean. I'm a ragged looking young multimillionire. I have a lawyer button on my phone. Some meathead whose been in the business for 16 or 20 maybe 30 years and thinks he knows everything is exactly the guy I like to drag into a courtroom and bankrupt while giving him a lesson on contract and warranty law and civil liability. I get me settlement, then go for licenses, liens on property and shutdown dealerships How many dealerships have you successfully shutdown and had their license suspend for unpaid judgements? You ever done a sheriff sale and sold every chair computer and expensive piece of shop equipment for pennies on the dollar all while GM is crying on the phone for someone to pay? its fun.
But sure go void warranties illegally it pays trebeled damages and opens you up to civil, criminal and federal liability. Ever been sued 3 times for the same act? Let me show you how and not make it double jeopardy when you break multiple laws you never heard of.
You're also quite humble apparently. LOL

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're also quite humble apparently. LOL
I'm the nicest guy in the world. I try to help everyone, everyone gets a free pass. I give what I get. I ask nice once and then if I get anything other then a reasonable response I return in kind and I escalate. I write letters. I open up official complaints and tank reviews. I file complaint with state regulators and make as big a deal as I can because I can, and I shouldn't have to. Car dealers and service departments in particular have spent tens of thousands of dollars dealing with me and eventually giving me what I asked for the first time, plus so so much more. And all of it could've been avoided by some courtesy like a loaner or an extended warranty or even doing the job I paid them to do.
I really go all out on fraud. If I pay for an oil change and a light bulb and they charge me 160 in labor and parts and the bulb is still burnt out and the fram oil filter is still on the car. They are getting it. I took the oil filter off in the bay and put it right on the service writers pile of papers on his desk and ask when honda switched to fram filters and why they'd use my initials... Wish I had a video of that reaction.

EugeneYYZ

Reaction score
I'm the nicest guy in the world. I try to help everyone, everyone gets a free pass. I give what I get. I ask nice once and then if I get anything other then a reasonable response I return in kind and I escalate. I write letters. I open up official complaints and tank reviews. I file complaint with state regulators and make as big a deal as I can because I can, and I shouldn't have to. Car dealers and service departments in particular have spent tens of thousands of dollars dealing with me and eventually giving me what I asked for the first time, plus so so much more. And all of it could've been avoided by some courtesy like a loaner or an extended warranty or even doing the job I paid them to do.
I really go all out on fraud. If I pay for an oil change and a light bulb and they charge me 160 in labor and parts and the bulb is still burnt out and the fram oil filter is still on the car. They are getting it. I took the oil filter off in the bay and put it right on the service writers pile of papers on his desk and ask when honda switched to fram filters and why they'd use my initials... Wish I had a video of that reaction.
some dealers understand only harsh language

Zoompastu

Reaction score
Well good news my goat has not been gotten. And I’m certainly not fired up about anything other than the fact that there are stubborn people that don’t know jack crap about what they’re talking about. There are people on here just trying to get some honest information to help them with their truck.

I completely understand that I have embarrassed you in front of everyone in this community so I completely understand you getting defensive. I anticipated that.

I do apologize for providing my credentials. It’s not to throw it around but to simply say that I have experience In the topic. I don’t know anything about landscaping but I do know that if I go on a landscaping forum and start giving advice about how to glue branches onto your tree to make it grow faster and a professional landscaper calls me out on my BS it should be expected.

If even what you claim is half true you have clearly proven that you do not know what you’re talking about and you do not understand warranty claims. You do understand how to be such an annoying pest that people will finally give you what you clearly do not deserve to make you go away like a child throwing a tantrum in the cereal aisle begging their mommy for captain crunch.

Like I said in the beginning, it’s your truck I really don’t care what you do with it. But you have clearly proven the point I was trying to have you prove to this community that your posts don’t have any validity....

@securityguy Can you pass some of that popcorn!

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bottom line is FCA has a well documented history of trying to get out of warranty coverage on EcoDiesel engines due to the expense. So, if you walk into a dealership with a blown Gen 3 engine (which is apparently starting to become common from glancing through the 5th Gen Rams FB page) and they see that you've got the redesigned oil filter replaced with the old style Gen 2 filter, I guarantee you that FCA is going to turn and walk away from you.

Sure, you could fight a multi-billion dollar company in court if you have deep pockets. Their representatives will show the differences between the two oil filters and I don't see any way you'd win.

I truly do wish there was an alternative for these $92 oil filters. But with the expensive nature of diesel, and the failure rate of these diesels, I'm not comfortable with screwing around right now. I'll wait until after warranty and then start the mods.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well the number one rule is always go back to stock for any warranty work. Especially something potentially expensive and play dumb.

You only get smart when they prove how dumb they are you you end up leading them through tsb by tsb by printing them along with star tickets so they can't deny it existing.

Then you get to deal with someone with the backbone of a wet noodle and end up in a lemon lawsuit because they think they know everything until corporate tells them to shut up and stop leaving incriminating voicemails.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
I hope not too common. I take delivery of my new Ram 1500 Laramie 3.0L Ecodiesel on Tuesday. o_O Yikes
Has anybody else seen these posts on FB? I've yet to see anything on FB about the 3rd gen engines blowing.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anybody else seen these posts on FB? I've yet to see anything on FB about the 3rd gen engines blowing.

Well, here's one who just finally got his long block delivered yesterday. There've been others as well, almost all before the first oil change. I'll see if I can find those.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_79 Jul. 17 08.47.jpg
    ScreenHunter_79 Jul. 17 08.47.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 68
  • ScreenHunter_80 Jul. 17 08.47.jpg
    ScreenHunter_80 Jul. 17 08.47.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 67

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well, here's one who just finally got his long block delivered yesterday. There've been others as well, almost all before the first oil change. I'll see if I can find those.
Now that's not good! Glad I bought a HEMI :)

Zoompastu

Reaction score
Now that's not good! Glad I bought a HEMI :)
You may want to research hemi camshaft and lifter failure and exhaust manifold failure... Hemi’s aren’t bulletproof. But they sure sound good!

Just hit 7,000 on the eco diesel yesterday

Attachments

• E95663A7-8A45-47C0-84D9-EFB73BE63621.png
    E95663A7-8A45-47C0-84D9-EFB73BE63621.png
    467.3 KB · Views: 26
  • A41F0F52-981E-4520-AB59-D8A0676ED319.png
    A41F0F52-981E-4520-AB59-D8A0676ED319.png
    273.9 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread