5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First hand experience with Jscan

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I got only the ambers to show with the headlights in the auto position. I deactivated the signature light and LED dedicated DRL. Loving the look, really appreciate the help!
You’re right, mine are only Amber when it’s in the auto position now haha I didn’t realize. For sure!

DusterJoe

Reaction score
Can JScan change all the factory options? I wanna add Bedlights and other factory features after I install the hardware. I'm an IOS guy so if does most of that, than I'd rather use that than AlfaOBD on Android.

Thanks,

DusterJoe

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can JScan change all the factory options? I wanna add Bedlights and other factory features after I install the hardware. I'm an IOS guy so if does most of that, than I'd rather use that than AlfaOBD on Android.

Thanks,

DusterJoe
No, it is limited on what options it can do but it can do a good bit and has come a long way just from 4 months ago but it doesn’t have everything. Just depends on what you are all looking to do.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks,

DusterJoe
I use to use JScan but AlfaOBD is just much more intuitive and has a lot more support for Ram and what all it can do. A lot of really good features and also the forum a lot of people use it so if you ever had a problem more than likely someone can help just IMO. Also, getting an Android device like a tablet you can find for $40-$80 depending on how nice you want to go. For me, I found my mod’s to be much easier using Alfa over JScan.

DusterJoe

Reaction score
Yeah I just searched for the JScan features and it's seems they focus on Jeep products and some of those features work on the Ram's. I think I'll get the AlfaOBD setup and find a cheap Android device.

Thank you all,

DusterJoe

THFD334

Reaction score
Just this week I was able to add auto high beam and fog lights on with the high beams using JSCAN. I needed some help, but for me it worked fine. Someday I may add proximity unlock.
Silly question, but was auto high beam just as simple as a switch in Jscan? Nothing different as far as hardware on the truck?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Silly question, but was auto high beam just as simple as a switch in Jscan? Nothing different as far as hardware on the truck?
Sorry Im am late but yes. If you have the right setup from the factory it is as simple as that.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can activate off-road and performance pages in jscan?

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Edit: I just remembered why it wasn’t working the first time I tried it. I was changing the settings in Jscan but the amber DRLs weren’t turning on; it wasn’t until the next day that I realized I had DRLs turned off on the uconnect 😂 I forgot that was even a setting! So as soon as I turned on DRLs on uconnect then boom the ambers were on. So Jscan worked perfectly, it was my own error that made me think it wasn’t working
So you have the signature lights and the amber lights on at the same time without the headlights on? I’d also like to know if you could just make the signature lights brighter with jscan. Thanks

Ollie2023

Reaction score
I am about to get the JScan App and everything to make it work. I was curious if anyone knows what the Special Packages Vehicle Config does? Does it permanently change the instrument cluster theme? There are a lot of options.

Attachments

• IMG_7871.png
    IMG_7871.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 17

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Do the signature lights come on when auto headlights are turned on?
Yeah but you can turn that off if you don’t like it. I personally felt like it looked incomplete without the signature lighting along with the amber

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah but you can turn that off if you don’t like it. I personally felt like it looked incomplete without the signature lighting along with the amber
That's what I am thinking too

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Should be getting my MC+ and bypass cable today. To change tire size, is this all that’s required? Thanks

IMG_4775.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread