5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First hand experience with Jscan

EJ84

Reaction score
I put Toyo at3’s on my truck about a month ago and would like to recalibrate the speedo. And have a few questions

Has anyone confirmed doing this yourself doesn’t effect warranty?

What security bypass cable is recommended? There’s a bunch on Amazon. What about the reader? Any recommendations or items to stay away from

EJ84

Reaction score
Thanks for that but I was looking for Jscan info, I only have Apple products. I’m going to order one that member Choate recommended in a previous thread.

Clv22p

Reaction score
I used it when I had my Gladiator, but have t for the ram. It worked well for Jeep. I’d imagine the same for Ram.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have used it on my Wrangler and my sons to change the tire size. It worked great and shouldn't do anything to the warranty. I have also used JSCAN quite a bit for other functions on the Wrangler and it worked great for all of it. If all you need to do is change the tire size and have an iPhone it is a very inexpensive way to accomplish it. It will do other functions as well quite easily. if you start wanting to add other functions like prox entry, ACC and that kind of stuff AlfaODB might be better. Certainly has more support on the forums vs JSCAN. But, like I said, to just change tire sizes JSCAN couldn't be easier.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here are the two that I bought. I also put on 33s and had no issues making the change. I really haven't been able to change much else which is slightly disappointing, but the main thing was to set the correct tire size.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 91
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 88

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Here are the two that I bought. I also put on 33s and had no issues making the change. I really haven't been able to change much else which is slightly disappointing, but the main thing was to set the correct tire size.
Hey man I’d love more info on what you’re able to change with the JScan. Now that you’ve probably had it for a while, do you still recommend it, and have you explored what other functions it can do on our rams? Thanks!

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just this week I was able to add auto high beam and fog lights on with the high beams using JSCAN. I needed some help, but for me it worked fine. Someday I may add proximity unlock.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey man I’d love more info on what you’re able to change with the JScan. Now that you’ve probably had it for a while, do you still recommend it, and have you explored what other functions it can do on our rams? Thanks!
It's pretty limited tbh, but with an iPhone there aren't as many options. I changed the tire size, added high beams with fog lights, and played around with changing the start up splash screens and that's about it. I know the developer is always adding features and I'm not sure what if any has been added lately.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
It's pretty limited tbh, but with an iPhone there aren't as many options. I changed the tire size, added high beams with fog lights, and played around with changing the start up splash screens and that's about it. I know the developer is always adding features and I'm not sure what if any has been added lately.
For sure thanks for the info! That’s really all I wanted to do and if I could change the DRLs to activate the amber lights in the blinkers that would be sweet. Thanks

chuckins2

Reaction score
You mind sharing what you changed in the app? I assume you turned off DRLs through UC5 and changed DRL configuration through JScan? What did you use for the target value?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I turned ON DRLs in Uconnect and then on Jscan I changed DRL location to turn signal & I believe that’s it. The first time I did it I was confused because I don’t think it was changing. Then the next day I tried again and it worked immediately, so idk what the deal was! Could’ve been user error but idk what I was doing wrong. But yeah it seems super simple! And if you want the white halos around the lights turned off you’ll have to deactivate signature lighting and that way when you turn your lights all the way off you’ll just be left with the amber turn signals. As soon as you turn the dial once the fogs and white halos come back

Attachments

• 9C8A105F-BE3A-4CC3-A375-902E49579AB5.jpeg
    9C8A105F-BE3A-4CC3-A375-902E49579AB5.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 6CC316DA-8081-44A7-B457-E47338E82D09.jpeg
    6CC316DA-8081-44A7-B457-E47338E82D09.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 35

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Edit: I just remembered why it wasn’t working the first time I tried it. I was changing the settings in Jscan but the amber DRLs weren’t turning on; it wasn’t until the next day that I realized I had DRLs turned off on the uconnect 😂 I forgot that was even a setting! So as soon as I turned on DRLs on uconnect then boom the ambers were on. So Jscan worked perfectly, it was my own error that made me think it wasn’t working

chuckins2

Reaction score
Edit: I just remembered why it wasn’t working the first time I tried it. I was changing the settings in Jscan but the amber DRLs weren’t turning on; it wasn’t until the next day that I realized I had DRLs turned off on the uconnect 😂 I forgot that was even a setting! So as soon as I turned on DRLs on uconnect then boom the ambers were on. So Jscan worked perfectly, it was my own error that made me think it wasn’t working
I just got the adapter and cables delivered. About to give it a shot. Really appreciate the help!

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It seems the developer has added a lot from when I first used JSCAN for sure but I had to get AlfaOBD to do a lot of other mods that it didn’t support.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I just got the adapter and cables delivered. About to give it a shot. Really appreciate the help!
Cool! Let me know if you need help and I’ll try to answer quickly. I’m definitely no expert but I learned a couple things from using it. You don’t need to disconnect the battery or anything, just cycle the run button a couple times :) it might take turning the truck off for a bit to let the computer reset but it depends. Mine worked right away

chuckins2

Reaction score
Cool! Let me know if you need help and I’ll try to answer quickly. I’m definitely no expert but I learned a couple things from using it. You don’t need to disconnect the battery or anything, just cycle the run button a couple times :) it might take turning the truck off for a bit to let the computer reset but it depends. Mine worked right away
I got the ambers to turn on but can’t figure out how to get the below LEDs off. Do I have to turn the lights off? Can’t leave it in auto right? I don’t hate the look with LEDs but would love just the ambers.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
You need to deactivate the signature lighting and then turn your lights all the way off

chuckins2

Reaction score
You need to deactivate the signature lighting and then turn your lights all the way off
I got only the ambers to show with the headlights in the auto position. I deactivated the signature light and LED dedicated DRL. Loving the look, really appreciate the help!

Users who are viewing this thread