5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finish this sentence: "If I had it all to do over again with my Ram 1500, I would _______________."

gencon

Reaction score
Go back to a 2500/3500 diesel with the Aisin ( currently offered only on the 3500 turbo diesel ) Longhorn, with no sunroof
I just miss my larger truck, Only reason I got out of it was the 68RFE tranny was junk. They kept falling apart.
( 3 in 40,000 miles )

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d do it again, when buying a new truck. I,wife, kids love it. Got 16-18k off sticker where no one else, even other ram dealers could touch. So we felt it fell into our hands, with how it all went down on long truck shopping. It’s a odd optioned built truck, maybe why huge price drop. Idk, good for us at this time and the past year & half.

Now, if I was to spend the total money all over again. A few big deep breathes, realize the future a little more. My 2 boys getting older, available money getting less in the future. I could of bought a used, clean, reliable, option compatible truck close to mine & also bought a clean need a little work dream car since I was a kid to this day. Have both, next time I guess

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious on the interior issues.

I've had mine for 4 months now and love every aspect. 33 gallon tank is the only option I would have liked to have. The protection group I did not really care about but feel it might be nice to have but also adds weight I am sure.

I had a Visor mount Scent pod from Bath and body melt and drip onto my seat while it was parked and I have a scent oil stain. If I had the black interior it wouldn't show hardly at all...

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a Visor mount Scent pod from Bath and body melt and drip onto my seat while it was parked and I have a scent oil stain. If I had the black interior it wouldn't show hardly at all...

Just glad to hear it's nothing at fault with the truck. (y)

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would have made sure my truck's AC worked properly before I took delivery.

Klute

Reaction score
I would have waited until 2nd-year production, researched in more detail and got a Laramie.

But I am satisfied! Never look back!

TulsaRam

Reaction score
Would have gotten the multi function tailgate. There were not many available when I bought in 6/19. That's it.

fatNfurious

Reaction score
.....worked with the dealer to get 33 Gallon Fuel Tank and Lift Kit without paying Extra. haha

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
Now that I've had mine six weeks, I know better what I might want to be different. You just can't figure this stuff out in a test drive.

That said, I think the 33gal tank should come with the Hemi, not be an option. Milage is pretty meager. Not completely unexpected, but something you don't fully grasp until you live with it for a while.

Seems cheap to me that the wheel liners are optional. You'd think they would be included, at least with the mid and higher trim levels.

I have the tow mirrors, don't like them and I have no plans to tow. Probably okay to have the towing stuff for later resale. If you get them you should also get the power folding feature for these Dumbo ears.

I have the 18" wheels, which are pretty boring. Much prefer the upscale versions.

Love the ventilated seats, the big 12" screen, the cavernous back seat.

If it weren't for the virus, I could have ordered one with exactly what I wanted instead of taking one off the lot. But I probably wouldn't have gotten the big screen or the ventilated seats, and wouldn't have known I needed the bigger tank, so I'd likely be unhappy with my choices for a different set of reasons.

50Front

Reaction score
....have not gotten the sunroof, the only time i use it is when its not sunny.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been a little more patient and waited out the pandemic. Have to imagine there's hella deals to be had when things actually get back to normal. Maybe continued to save even more money and tried to get into a limited.

That being said. I love my truck and I'm overall happy with my experience and price paid for a special edition.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish I would have held onto my 13 express and waited for the new Ecodiesel. My truck works fine but in my situation the Ecodiesel is the absolute perfect truck for me. 20k+ miles a year commuting for work plus towing the RV fish house and boat. That being the case I’m glad I leased because when the time comes if I feel I absolutely want an Ecodiesel I can trade mine in and get one. If not I can buy mine for a great price

Seadweller23

Reaction score
I would purchase the exact same vehicle from the dealer who gave me such a good deal. I never have had a good deal. I like all of the modifications I have made. I liked the journey to figure out what mods to do to make the truck my own, even more.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Now that I've had mine six weeks, I know better what I might want to be different. You just can't figure this stuff out in a test drive.

That said, I think the 33gal tank should come with the Hemi, not be an option. Milage is pretty meager. Not completely unexpected, but something you don't fully grasp until you live with it for a while.

Seems cheap to me that the wheel liners are optional. You'd think they would be included, at least with the mid and higher trim levels.

I have the tow mirrors, don't like them and I have no plans to tow. Probably okay to have the towing stuff for later resale. If you get them you should also get the power folding feature for these Dumbo ears.

I have the 18" wheels, which are pretty boring. Much prefer the upscale versions.

Love the ventilated seats, the big 12" screen, the cavernous back seat.

If it weren't for the virus, I could have ordered one with exactly what I wanted instead of taking one off the lot. But I probably wouldn't have gotten the big screen or the ventilated seats, and wouldn't have known I needed the bigger tank, so I'd likely be unhappy with my choices for a different set of reasons.
I agree with the tank size. I can't think of a single good reason to have anything but the 33 gallon tank.

Also agree with you about the wheelhouse liners. Although they are standard equipment on the Limited and Longhorn models.

My regrets are that I didn't hold out for a truck with the 33 gallon tank and MFT. I probably should have just placed an order when I was looking. I also wouldn't have had to settle on color. Don't get me wrong, I love how the patriot blue pops in the sunlight when clean. I just don't like how much it shows dirt and dust. It's almost as bad as black. I would have opted for bright white if given a choice. I didn't know at the time how much I really wanted those things, so I didn't feel like I was really settling. I will be ordering my next truck with exactly what I want it to have.

orange01z28

Reaction score
I would have gotten red or white instead of Granite Crystal Metallic

Sometimes I think I should have gotten a Bighorn instead of a Rebel since I'm going to lift it anyway but at the end of the day I'm happy I have the Rebel

I'm also glad I got a Quad Cab instead of a Crew Cab. It's enough room for my kids and even my wife back there. I was going back and forth over that decision until I really had to load the truck when we were moving and I was so happy to have 6'4" bed instead of the 5'7." The long wheelbase long bed crew cab is simply not my taste

All in all, the only druthers I have is the color. My next truck, when this one is passed to my son when he starts driving, will be another Ram

Users who are viewing this thread