5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finish this sentence: "If I had it all to do over again with my Ram 1500, I would _______________."

orange01z28

Reaction score
Seriously. I went in wanting a white truck and walked out with my black one. It's looks mean as all hell but I'll never own another black vehicle lol. It's infuriating how dirty it gets just by existing!
I've done this same thing twice now. Once with a Tacoma, and once with a Subaru. Both times I said never again

Lize

Reaction score
I've done this same thing twice now. Once with a Tacoma, and once with a Subaru. Both times I said never again
After F150 said never again but have agreed on a black a Challenger :rolleyes:. Was too good a deal to pass up and budget allows for a full wrap and something a bit different, bit nervous of knives and paint though so thought I'd see how it goes.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I never tow, and never off road. It was just the truck I liked, but I figured it would add to the resale value should I ever sell it or trade it later on.

And that's why you were right do buy a 4x4. Not only will you get 100% of the cost back at resale, you will have a FAR bigger buying pool because it's a 4x4. Nobody avoids buying a truck because it's a 4x4 but people do avoid buying a truck because it's not. I learned this lesson on my 2009 Ram. I knew I was going to tow or offroad at that time and I didn't live in a place where it snows so I figured I'd save the money as I didn't need it. Took longer to sell it when it was paid off because it was a 4x2. That's why I bought a 4x4 on my 2014 Ram and will again on my next truck.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...get exactly the same again :love:

Same

Mine is a custom order I spec'd, I honestly, at least of this moment - can't think of a thing I'd change on my factory order

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...e-torque long bed panoramic Laramie with air suspension in a color other than black ;)

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
..waited till Covid hit and gotten and even better deal. :ROFLMAO:

Probably would of gotten the 33g tank and not gotten the Etrq.

U

User_3336

What leads you to believe there would be better deals over Covid? LOL that might be a LONG time from now.
LOL

..waited till Covid hit and gotten and even better deal. :ROFLMAO:

Probably would of gotten the 33g tank and not gotten the Etrq.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What leads you to believe there would be better deals over Covid? LOL that might be a LONG time from now.
LOL

Dealers were / are hurting for sales when this all started. Even better financing / rebates were offered than when I bought mine back in Dec 2019. There's even a thread on here that trade-ins are being valued higher right now (not sure how true that is..) so my over-all deal could have been better had I waited. In theory. ;)

U

User_3336

Actually trade-in values are slightly LOWER now, I was tracking mine on KBB and it went down about $900. Even two dealers here stated trade-in values were dropping due to the Covid crisis, and the dealer offered me LESS after I wanted two weeks on my trade-in. (of course, they will offer you the lowest they can, but I believed the dealer when the values dropped).

Auto actions ceased for a short while. As they resumed, not as many buyers at the auctions.

So, I question the validity of those claims that say trade-in values are going UP.

If a dealer was going to give you his "best-deal", it should be ANYWAY, just not during the Covid crisis. Any dealer has their "limits" when it comes to a "best deal".

Dealers were / are hurting for sales when this all started. Even better financing / rebates were offered than when I bought mine back in Dec 2019. There's even a thread on here that trade-ins are being valued higher right now (not sure how true that is..) so my over-all deal could have been better had I waited. In theory. ;)

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually trade-in values are slightly LOWER now, I was tracking mine on KBB and it went down about $900. Even two dealers here stated trade-in values were dropping due to the Covid crisis, and the dealer offered me LESS after I wanted two weeks on my trade-in. (of course, they will offer you the lowest they can, but I believed the dealer when the values dropped).

Auto actions ceased for a short while. As they resumed, not as many buyers at the auctions.

So, I question the validity of those claims that say trade-in values are going UP.

If a dealer was going to give you his "best-deal", it should be ANYWAY, just not during the Covid crisis. Any dealer has their "limits" when it comes to a "best deal".
Then I guess it's just, would have gone with the 33g tank & no Etrq. (y)

Quik99oli

Reaction score
Wouldn’t have gotten one with the chrome package. Soooo much chrome.

Wouldn’t have bought it from the dealer I purchased it at. Only 4600 miles and it had all the options I wanted, but now the dealership hasn’t even paid off my trade and it’s been 3 weeks. They won’t return my calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_3336

they can't hold you liable if more $ is owed on the payoff if they chose to wait.

Wouldn’t have bought it from the dealer I purchased it at. Only 4600 miles and it had all the options I wanted, but now the dealership hasn’t even paid off my trade and it’s been 3 weeks. They won’t return my calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using

One of my biggest requirements was NO chrome

5th gens look so much better without. I didn’t want to look at a 5th gen until I see one without chrome.

Jonsey63

Reaction score
Having just bought my 2019 two days ago it was good to see that no one answered this question saying they wish they’d bought an F-150 in hind sight.

Users who are viewing this thread