5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finish this sentence: "If I had it all to do over again with my Ram 1500, I would _______________."

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
this is a really interesting thread...

i dont regret my rebel one bit and think that i would still get it over again today, but if i were forced to get rid of it for a different 1500, id get a crew cab big horn 5.7 with the long bed. i think they look a little bit more proportional, and the bed space would come in handy. UNLESS this same hypothetical dealer id be buying this truck from would have a Power Wagon on the lot....

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would swap my current Laramie over to a Longhorn with the 6’4” bed and off-road pkg. I would do it in brown and the darker interior.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably have sprung for a Laramie. Then I also remember if I want to keep this thing as long as I can its advantageous of me to have a lower optioned truck..

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...bit the bullet and gotten an eTorque so I could have the Alpine audio.

I had a small window to purchase so I had to buy off the lot (truck was totaled in an accident...not my fault) and the only way to get the Alpine was to get a HEMI with eTorque. I was not interested in the eTorque and it was a $1200 option for 2019.

My dad has the 12" screen and, after playing around with his for awhile, I probably would have gotten that too. Although my 8.4" has gone black on me several times and I could still operate the HVAC controls with my knobs underneath.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
this is a really interesting thread...

i dont regret my rebel one bit and think that i would still get it over again today, but if i were forced to get rid of it for a different 1500, id get a crew cab big horn 5.7 with the long bed. i think they look a little bit more proportional, and the bed space would come in handy. UNLESS this same hypothetical dealer id be buying this truck from would have a Power Wagon on the lot....
Now a Power Wagon with a TRX motor (or bigger)...hmm, that would be fun. Okay, back on topic.

STR

Reaction score
... purchase white, but I always say that and enviably end up with black. Regret sets in at first wash... then goes away... then come back as second wash... etc. Love black when it’s clean, and not so much when it’s not :LOL::ROFLMAO:

GregHBNA

Reaction score
"If I had it all to do over again with my Ram 1500, I would _______________."

NOT have got a 4x4, and opted for the bigger UCONNECT with Nav.

But. you sorta gotta take what's on the lot at the time if you're wanting to trade then.

Bighorned

Reaction score
"If I had it all to do over again with my Ram 1500, I would _______________."

Have checked the bed for the dead hooker before taking delivery and getting pulled over...…there was a tonneau cover its not my fault. LOL

Ps. this is a joke...

GregHBNA

Reaction score
I never tow, and never off road. It was just the truck I liked, but I figured it would add to the resale value should I ever sell it or trade it later on.

Why not 4x4?

I’m of the opinion that every truck should be...

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seriously. I went in wanting a white truck and walked out with my black one. It's looks mean as all hell but I'll never own another black vehicle lol. It's infuriating how dirty it gets just by existing!

GregHBNA

Reaction score
Same here, there was a white night edition, similarly equipped, but the black one looked damn good!

A garage seems to help. I almost hate to drive it on rainy days, knowing its gonna look like crap afterwards. LOL

Seriously. I went in wanting a white truck and walked out with my black one. It's looks mean as all hell but I'll never own another black vehicle lol. It's infuriating how dirty it gets just by existing!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree, I really liked the pictures of the truck i bought on the dealer website when it was clean, liked it when they drove it up to me and it was clean, by the time I drove it 6 hours home... trashed and ugly already. Ceramic coating I did helps but only so much. I've washed this truck more in the first year of ownership than I did my last car I had for 10 years. A silver or white truck will be the next colors on the top of my list.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I would have gotten 33 gal tank.

I didn't order my truck, it was on the lot. I wanted a Rebel with the basic package which is what I got. I had a baby on the way at that time and wanted to stick to my budget. If I could have picked a couple more options, I would have definitely added the 33gal tank and would like to have the mirrors with turn signals.

Another thing I might have done differently is be a little more patient to hold out for some more incentives/financing deals. But it's tough to be patient when you find the truck you want - at the time, I couldn't find another in the area with the same configuration so I got antsy!

GregHBNA

Reaction score
I could have waited as well. Like I said I didn't really want a 4x4, but I felt like my options and leverage with this dealer were slipping away soon. They offered more for my other truck than anyone else did, deal fell thru end of the month because they were playing games with me on the pricing, but next day, the 1st, they offered $2500 more with dealer coupons they had from FCA, so I bit.

Users who are viewing this thread