5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeling the road through the gas pedal?

mwoods269

Reaction score
My first thought for any vibration felt through the steering wheel is out of balance wheels. After that there are many possible causes. With a new truck I would probably rule out worn parts but there is still a possibility of other out of balance drive train components such as a drive shaft.

Also, new Rams come with active vibration dampening so there could be a problem with that system causing vibration or failing to cancel it enough. This story says one of the functions of the active vibration dampening is to counter the slight imbalance that occurs within the motor when MDS activates.
The stock tires were on when I felt it the night I took it home. The next day they swapped them for my Nittos (part of the deal) same vibration. 2k rpms @ 70mph and it vibrates. The vibration comes and goes in the same timing/pattern the whole time.

Users who are viewing this thread