5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA Quality Control ?

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So yeah. Was poking around under the hood of my new truck - and this is what I found. Lmfao. Hood liner attached by 2 clips instead of 12. So
Much for a PDI. And they have to order parts as I was told they have received several new trucks in the same condition. @RamCares maybe let someone know somewhere WTF is going on. Looks pretty bad showing off the new truck to the neighbours and BOOM. This is what they get. Hope this isn’t a sign of things to come.

Attachments

• E6A4048B-094B-48F2-9212-A8FC7438D994.jpeg
    E6A4048B-094B-48F2-9212-A8FC7438D994.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 175
  • B3A9DC10-802E-463E-8999-DC895537C0FF.jpeg
    B3A9DC10-802E-463E-8999-DC895537C0FF.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 175

Trouble1233

Reaction score
My backseat seatbelt bolt was just stuck in and started it was just sticking up..I’m glad I seen it because had I got into a wreck it would have broke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Makes you wonder, what else is loose or missing? Maybe the airbags or brake lines were put in with the same level of care as your hood liner. A post here a few months ago showed what happens when the upper ball joint has a loose nut

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's difficult to tell for sure from those pics, but it looks like the pins were there at one time, and removed by someone after assembly. You can tell by looking at the holes and the area around the holes. It's pretty easy to tell if someone removed them. You can probably even tell if there were ever pins in them. The holes and area around them will be pristine if there were never pins inserted. That's a sport hood. Sometimes adjustments need to be made to the "vents" because they don't always sit flush with the hood. My driver side vent was sticking up in the back so I removed that side of the hood liner to adjust it. The hood liner is easily marred or damaged when removing the pins, so it should be obvious if that's what happened. I suspect the dealership removed the pins for this reason and forgot to put them back in.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
My truck was at the lot for 6 months before I bought it. After searching the vin on Mopars online site for service checks, it had two recalls performed on it before it was even sold.

So there is a good chance your truck was worked on by the dealership and the issues were not from the factory. I would first check to see if any recall work was performed on it and check if the dealership has any records to any pre-sale work they did on it. Maybe a tech forget to put it back together right.

Though it could totally be from the factory side. At least everything is modular in assembly, hopefully if one worker was a little less than on his/her A game that day, that doesn't' mean all the workers putting together the other assemblies were.

GoMango16

Reaction score
Might have had the hood flex tsb done and after drying overnight, they forgot to pin it back.

taz2016

Reaction score
What kind of delivery prep does your dealer do? That's incompetence at its worst.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
What kind of delivery prep does your dealer do? That's incompetence at its worst.

They rarely remember to adjust the tire air pressure down from the high storage pressures they have on the lot to prevent flat spotting, so this won't surprise me.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I did not even receive a delivery prep. Checked the pressures they were high. Checked the wiper fluid it was low. So unfortunately nothing was checked for me.

Yup, that sucks. That's why to be honest I do my own oil changes and regular basic maintenance, mainly because I don't trust FCA dealerships. Jeep, RAM, Chrysler & Dodge dealerships are ranked near last place in dealerships surveys these last few years (only Land Rover is ranked lower) and I think its that they weren't prepared for the strong sales in trucks, SUVs and Challengers/Charges these last few years. Their existing dealership network isn't able to cope with the workload they have now and they get sloppy.

They only time my truck will set foot back at the dealership is for a warranty claim and even then I'm really not thrilled with the idea.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's an understatement!!!

I find it highly unlikely that this problem left the factory like that and I agree with other comments that it was probably done post assembly. For what reason is only speculation.

But a dealer missing this!? Fluid levels and visual inspection is on the pre-delivery checklist.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 037081 miles.

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah. This is my first FCA product...so not a great start at the dealership level. Hopefully this was a one off. But to be honest I had dealer issues with my last Japanese SUV - you know - billing for service on my wife’s vehicle that wasn’t done when she brought it in. I too try to do everything on my own away from the dealer but sometimes you gotta go - warranty etc. Let’s see what happens. Cheers.

RamCares

Reaction score
Yeah. This is my first FCA product...so not a great start at the dealership level. Hopefully this was a one off. But to be honest I had dealer issues with my last Japanese SUV - you know - billing for service on my wife’s vehicle that wasn’t done when she brought it in. I too try to do everything on my own away from the dealer but sometimes you gotta go - warranty etc. Let’s see what happens. Cheers.

I apologize for the trouble, @Chris3058. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention! If you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message. I would be more than happy to escalate a case on your behalf for further support through that process.

Mark
RamCares

Zig10

Reaction score
Every time I see something like this it always makes me think of the final scene in Gung Ho... "He's Coming!!!"

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Must not have did your own inspection, would have caught that. Took me 30 mins to do mine(would have been a little longer but it was December-little cold) and checked everything. Dealer makes you sign a customer inspection paper and if you aren't happy they will fix it before you drive it off the lot.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Must not have did your own inspection, would have caught that. Took me 30 mins to do mine(would have been a little longer but it was December-little cold) and checked everything. Dealer makes you sign a customer inspection paper and if you aren't happy they will fix it before you drive it off the lot.
Not disagreeing with you about doing your own inspection. There's no way I'm buying a vehicle without at least opening the hood. But I don't remember signing a customer inspection form for any vehicle I've ever purchased. That's something I would have remembered. Maybe it's a requirement in Canada, or could vary from state to state in the US.

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah...I checked the outside top to bottom...just didn't lift the hood to check if the engine and associated components were there. So yeah..my fault? LMFAO. Whatever. I figured it being brand new and just delivered from a custom order I wouldn't need to check under the hood. And I've never signed a customer inspection form on any vehicle I've ever bought....ever. Then again Ive never had any issues with a brand new just delivered vehicle. Must be your dealer in Ontario that does that...I bought mine at 400 Ram / Chrysler in Barrie.

Users who are viewing this thread