5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farewell to a good dog

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know lots of you guys/gals can relate, because I know lots of truck people are also dog people. It was one month ago today that I lost my long time buddy. She was a great dog and it still tears me up to post this. If there's a cosmic reunion spot somewhere at the end I'm not going unless she's there :cry:

Klute

Reaction score
Lost my pup memorial day 2017. We had guests over for the holiday so I was moving the truck around the corner so our old guests could get in thru our garage. I went to move truck and she was whining that I had left and someone let her out the door. She ended up running under the rear wheel of the truck. It was awful and I know how you feel. Great pup for 17 years and was still going strong...except for her eyesight.

saxapl

Reaction score
I can relate. I bought my new Ram as a hunting truck with room for the new GSP. I have a 14 year old English Setter who is too old to hunt and is on her last leg. She looks at the new truck and I just know she is heartbroken that she isn’t going to be able to go on a hunt with it.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can relate. I bought my new Ram as a hunting truck with room for the new GSP. I have a 14 year old English Setter who is too old to hunt and is on her last leg. She looks at the new truck and I just know she is heartbroken that she isn’t going to be able to go on a hunt with it.
Take her for a ride anyway...you never know when it will be the last ride.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It will be 2 years in December that we lost our best friend. Not a day goes buy that I don't think of him...especially when I hook up the camper, or it snows.

They are the truest of friends...never let you down and always happy to see ya. 20160218_191500.jpg 20160529_123731.jpg 20150222_131223.jpg
We are camping this weekend...I miss my copilot, even when he would sit up and I couldn't see in my mirror.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will be 2 years in December that we lost our best friend. Not a day goes buy that I don't think of him...especially when I hook up the camper, or it snows.

They are the truest of friends...never let you down and always happy to see ya. View attachment 34601 View attachment 34602 View attachment 34603
We are camping this weekend...I miss my copilot, even when he would sit up and I couldn't see in my mirror.
Man, he was a good looking (and big!) boy.

I have a sign on my front porch that sums it up nicely: "Dogs welcome, people tolerated."

Bellaireroad

Reaction score
I know lots of you guys/gals can relate, because I know lots of truck people are also dog people. It was one month ago today that I lost my long time buddy. She was a great dog and it still tears me up to post this. If there's a cosmic reunion spot somewhere at the end I'm not going unless she's there :cry:
View attachment 34582

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Will Rogers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. This guy (Deke) and his predecessors are where I get my user name.
He was a good looking boy! My neighbor had a big yellow lab that would come up to my house and come inside and hang out with my dogs. We got him his own bed and chew bone. He'd stay overnight sometimes and my neighbor would call and say "Just wanted to make sure he was with you". His name was Sam and my neighbor would call me "Sam's other daddy" :p He passed away two years ago and my neighbor shortly thereafter from cancer. They were both worth knowing. :cry:

Ram1984

Reaction score
I feel for your loss. It’s been about 11 weeks since I lost my girl. She was a great dog for almost 14 years. There hasn’t been a day that I haven’t thought about her!

Attachments

• 140F7E47-8CA5-4A4E-9BE2-20463689E4DA.jpeg
    140F7E47-8CA5-4A4E-9BE2-20463689E4DA.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 46

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Almost 10 years since I lost my boy...
I still lose it when I think about the day the vet put him to sleep.

Haven’t had another dog since.

Neurobit

03F50BB2-C5EC-4302-A8AF-3569F3542336.jpeg

heydre

Reaction score
I STILL have my boy (almost 10) and I cried imagining what y'all have already been through...you invest all that love and KNOW that it'll end in a broken heart but all those good times make it worth the memories. 2015-07-21 19.04.42.jpg 2019-03-27 18.39.15.jpg

Jenks

Reaction score

They are the truest of friends...never let you down and always happy to see ya. View attachment 34601 View attachment 34602 View attachment 34603

Sorry for your loss sir. Its been almost 2 years since we put our english mastiff Raena down. We were fortunate enough to have her in our lives for 9.5 years. She was our first kid lol. Big slobber, big ****s and even bigger love! 20170306_084208.jpg

Bellaireroad

Reaction score
Dogs and humans definitely form a strong bond. They are very in tune with you, and can anticipate your next move
a2c71785fbff11e450d187d1a0f0f331.jpg

By the way, what’s the difference between a dog and a wife?
a0625a0be8d14fe6a3dbd99a589c8e95.jpg

The later you get home, the happier the dog is to see you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11B4X4

Reaction score
Damn ya'll, have me tearing up over here. I fortunately still have my girl, Shana. She's getting up there in age now and starting to slow down. I ***** and whine about her incessant shedding and nail marks from hopping back and fourth over my center console, but I'll damn sure miss her when she's gone. I'm definitely sorry for all of your losses, i'm sure you gave your dogs the best life possible and they did the same for you.

1569744393415.png

heydre

Reaction score
I ***** and whine about her incessant shedding and nail marks from hopping back and fourth over my center console, but I'll damn sure miss her when she's gone.
And......the snot misting of the windshield and passenger side window/mirror or drooling/dripping on center console while observing me consume portable deliciousness

sarge40

Reaction score
My wife was just commenting on how she's gonna have to go on meds once our dogs go. They are definitely very special members of our family.

Users who are viewing this thread