5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falken Wildpeak

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
Over inflated tires wears the centers and maybe towing? Also, we’re they ever rotated, I have mine rotated every 5000 miles with my oil change! Mine are all wearing on outer edges, inflate to rated 36 psi at all times!
You change your oil every 5k miles?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would say 5K is probably the most common interval around here, I would do it at 5K as well, but since I work from home and don't drive much, I have to do it annually to stay within warranty, which means I'm doing it at around 4,300 miles or so. I still wait until 5,000 miles to rotate & balance my tires.

TMF

Reaction score
Bumping an old one...

Anyone running the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W in stock size, non-LT (p tire) and notice any drop in MPG's? From what I'm reading, seems that sticking with the non-LT version has a pretty minimal, if any, negative impact on fuel efficiency.

I'm planning to ditch the oem 22" boat anchors (about 82 lbs for the wheel/tire) and dropping to aftermarket 18" wheels. The non-LT Wildpeak would put my total weight at about 79 lbs, so I'm thinking/hoping that mpg drop would be minimal, if any.

Thanks in advance!

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the P 275 /55 R20 117T on my truck and they've been great. I average 17-19 in summer and 15-16 on winter gasi n mixed/city.

Reactions: TMF

TMF

Reaction score
I have the P 275 /55 R20 117T on my truck and they've been great. I average 17-19 in summer and 15-16 on winter gasi n mixed/city.
Thanks for the insight, and not bad for a 5.7! I have an ecodiesel some my averages are quite a bit higher...usually 23-25 mpg mixed driving, 27-28 highway. I'm also right down the road from you in Inver Grove 🍻

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, and not bad for a 5.7! I have an ecodiesel some my averages are quite a bit higher...usually 23-25 mpg mixed driving, 27-28 highway. I'm also right down the road from you in Inver Grove 
I considered the ecodiesel but I don't drive enough or far enough to make it work for me so have had the 3.6 and the hemi in my Ram's. The wildpeaks have been really great tires for me so far but I can't say much about the snow/ice traction as I switch over to Blizzaks in Nov each year but assume the wildpeaks will be a big improvement over OEM all seasons for winter if you don't run dedicated winter tires. I had the Hankook Dynapro ATM on my 2014 ram and also really liked those and they were excellent in winter.

I am kinda excited about this current 20" storm as another opportunity to put my recovery gear and 4x4 to work pulling others out of the ditch!

Reactions: c3k

TMF

Reaction score
I considered the ecodiesel but I don't drive enough or far enough to make it work for me so have had the 3.6 and the hemi in my Ram's. The wildpeaks have been really great tires for me so far but I can't say much about the snow/ice traction as I switch over to Blizzaks in Nov each year but assume the wildpeaks will be a big improvement over OEM all seasons for winter if you don't run dedicated winter tires. I had the Hankook Dynapro ATM on my 2014 ram and also really liked those and they were excellent in winter.

I am kinda excited about this current 20" storm as another opportunity to put my recovery gear and 4x4 to work pulling others out of the ditch!
Amen!! I knocked my truck out of alignment a hair after pulling a person out in the last storm...realized my harbor freight special recovery rope didn't have any stretch. Just upgraded to a kinetic recovery rope and soft shackles, can't wait to give them a try!

The break even on the Ecodiesel is faster than you might think, especially once you get discounts on diesel through Mudflap, Open Roads or Upside. It's almost splitting hairs though and the 5.7 is a great engine too (had one in my Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, loved it).

I also run winter tires - General Grabber Arctics - which I've been very happy with. The Falkens will be for the rest of the year, but I wouldn't hate decent snow traction for when we get caught in those late spring/early fall snow storms.

Gozar

Reaction score
Just put a set of 295/70r18 on my 2019 Bighorn, replacing the Nitto Ridge Grapplers (same size) that have 40k on them. Look great bot too early to tell how they will do.

Wirerat

Reaction score
I have had my SL 275 60 20 falkins wildpeaks on for 3 weeks now. These tires are great. Mpg is hit is minimal. Less than 1 in city if any.

Took me a few attempts with the psi to get comfortable. 41 Front 37 rear cold is where I settled.

I originally started at 35psi and worked down to 32. Tires just feel harsh to me with front below 40.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I have had my SL 275 60 20 falkins wildpeaks on for 3 weeks now. These tires are great. Mpg is hit is minimal. Less than 1 in city if any.

Took me a few attempts with the psi to get comfortable. 41 Front 37 rear cold is where I settled.

I originally started at 35psi and worked down to 32. Tires just feel harsh to me with front below 40.

MPG hit is probably less than that if you didn't reprogram the BCM for bigger tires.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I loved my wildpeak but they wore out quick. I switched to Goodyear wrangler and haven’t looked back.

Dewey

Reaction score
They were not.
Reason I ask is I plan on eventually replacing my stock tires with the same since I like them so much. Currently have 31,000 miles on the stock tires and they’re in great shape yet. At least 1/2 tread left. So far they’re far outperforming any other stock tire I had on previous Ram’s.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Reason I ask is I plan on eventually replacing my stock tires with the same since I like them so much. Currently have 31,000 miles on the stock tires and they’re in great shape yet. At least 1/2 tread left. So far they’re far outperforming any other stock tire I had on previous Ram’s.
Same here. I’m at 44k on the OEM tires with lots of tread depth but a little rounding on the edges.

papjuice

Reaction score
So I went up to a 285/65R20 on my Limited with air suspension. Ride is the same as the OEM but being 1.5 taller it fills in the wheel well better. Have had them for around 9000 miles still look great. But I will have to say I have noticed since I put these on I have lost 2 mpg. Have tried 39 lbs air pressure and even at 60. still the same. Am thinking of going to the Michelin LT's. Most of my driving is highway and the bi yearly trip to Yellowstone in October. Have ran into a few snow storms the the Faulken's worked well in.

Wirerat

Reaction score
So I went up to a 285/65R20 on my Limited with air suspension. Ride is the same as the OEM but being 1.5 taller it fills in the wheel well better. Have had them for around 9000 miles still look great. But I will have to say I have noticed since I put these on I have lost 2 mpg. Have tried 39 lbs air pressure and even at 60. still the same. Am thinking of going to the Michelin LT's. Most of my driving is highway and the bi yearly trip to Yellowstone in October. Have ran into a few snow storms the the Faulken's worked well in.
-2mpg seems reasonable at a weight of 67lbs per tire. I would have guessed it to be worse.

Users who are viewing this thread