5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falken Wildpeak

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think that's entirely true. I believe you can get the 275/60R20 in an XL that weighs 48 lbs. @german88 would know.
See weights above for OE size. You’re right about other sizes being available, too. I was just keeping it apples-to-apples.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Looks like you opted for the LTs. My last couple of trucks were HDs with LT KO2s. I would imagine they’d ride quite a bit stiffer on a 1/2-ton vs the non-LT series…no?

(edited to correct incorrect mention of P series tires)
I can't say for sure as I haven't driven on non LT's. They're a solid tire and the weight difference from stock is significant. If anything that's where you feel the difference, but I wouldn't necessarily say the ride feels stiffer.

cochise111

Reaction score
That’s odd. Mine have been great (24K miles so far) in all situations.
I tried to accelerate onto a state highway from the Interstate offramp the other day with traffic coming. I didn't even really step on the gas hard and the truck got sideways going around a turn. I couldn't believe it.

Amazing93

Reaction score
The OEM Wkildpeaks are horrible in the rain. I don't think I've ever seen worse wet traction in a tire (except bald tires). I can't accelerate at all from a stop without the tires spinning.
Weird, I have 18k miles on mine now and they perform awesome in all types of weather. Maybe the best all around tire I've had. I live in the PNW and have put these tires through everything from 115 degree heat to -15 degree snow storms and don't have a single complaint.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wonder if people haven issue with them running to high of psi?

I have a friend that always runs the max psi the tires say on the sidewall. I tried to explain to him that’s just the max not what he should run. But he’s a hard headed person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choate

Reaction score
At3w here. Better than the trail grappler g2 on my old truck. Both were brand new. I run mine at 38 PSI or so at 50 deg outside. If it drops to 20 they’ll be at 35psi. Perform fantastic in rain and not a lot of noise w good traction plus look good.
9619C0F0-3E0D-4915-875E-1C3427E38AEE.jpeg

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if people haven issue with them running to high of psi?

I have a friend that always runs the max psi the tires say on the sidewall. I tried to explain to him that’s just the max not what he should run. But he’s a hard headed person.
I hope he's inflating those tires after towing on a hot summer day, or he's risking going way over max pressure in real-world use. That's a good way to wear out the tread or trigger a blowout as the tires age.

I run a little higher than the door sticker (38 psi vs. 32 psi on the sticker) to get a bit better economy at the expense of a pillow-soft ride. It's probably just me being paranoid, but I don't like seeing the sidewalls squeezing out at lower pressures. It just doesn't feel right on this heavy of a truck. Then again, I'm used to LT tires that have a lot more rigidity in the sidewalls.

GrinchKing05

Reaction score
Just put Wildpeaks on this past weekend, 275/60/20. Good so far, a smidge louder that stock tire. I was also worried about fitment as I don’t have ORG, level or lift kit. But they fit great with no rubbing when turning. I was trying to decide between these vs Ridge Grapplers and KO2s. Honestly came down to price. Got them for 1100 with alignment, other 2 brands were considerably more expensive. I’ll post more later on how their doing.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been running FALKEN WILDPEAK A/T3W275 /55 R20 117T XL RBL since I bought my 2021 Laramie and really like them. 49lbs/tire and have done well towing and highway as well as light off-road duty. I run Blizzaks in snow so can't really speak to their winter grip yet. 20210729_162112.jpg 20210729_162059.jpg 20210620_122915.jpg

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Weird, I have 18k miles on mine now and they perform awesome in all types of weather. Maybe the best all around tire I've had. I live in the PNW and have put these tires through everything from 115 degree heat to -15 degree snow storms and don't have a single complaint.
Tire threads are like oil threads. You can have 2 guys using the same tire in identical conditions and they come to the opposite conclusion. I've heard nothing but good reviews from guys I know running them in the PNW.

pfd161

Reaction score
I like them but I had to road force balance them as they had a bit of a vibration on my 18 BH. Was driving me crazy. 1/4 failed and they replaced it for me. Might look for something different when these oem duelers in my 22 are ready to be replaced.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since they are heavier, you need a 3.92 or you'll never get going. The 3.21 just doesn't have the low-end pull. See here to be enlightened. :LOL:

Seriously, though. I had them on my Grand Cherokee before the truck and liked them in general. The only issue I had, that may not have been due to the tires, was that the rear end could "float" sideways on uneven terrain. Hard to explain it without experiencing it. Since I had them on custom wheels, I just put the tires and wheels on dad's GC when we traded for the truck.

Yamie700

Reaction score
I have Wildpeak AT3W in 285/65/20 and I really like them. I'm in MN and have driven them a few times in the snow now and they've been great. Last year I had BFG K02 in 275/60/20, I'd say the the Wildpeaks are for sure better in the rain and slightly better in the snow.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Running Wildpeak AT3W, 275/65R20. They're the LT rated. 66.1lbs per tire (per Falken... https://www.falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeaka/t3w-tire )

Just a smidge noisier than the OEM but the weight definitely impacts the mpg. But, with 3.21 and an EcoDiesel I had some mpg headroom to spare. ;)

Loving them so far. (~1,000 miles.) I do notice a slight vibration if the truck as been parked for a couple of days. The flat spot disappears after about 15 minutes of driving.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have Wildpeak AT3W in 285/65/20 and I really like them. I'm in MN and have driven them a few times in the snow now and they've been great. Last year I had BFG K02 in 275/60/20, I'd say the the Wildpeaks are for sure better in the rain and slightly better in the snow.
I would take that as a strong recommendation, as I've been pleased with several sets of KO2s on previous trucks (and am very satisfied with my OEM Falkens on this one).

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't agree with the statement above that you need 3.92's and that 3.21's don't have a pull unless you are talking about the diesel engines specifically. The Hemi will spin 35's fairly easy with 3.21's.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It all depends on the exact size and ply rating of the tire. Like someone said earlier opinions on tires are like a-holes, everyone's got one! I you stick with OEM tire size and the XL rated 6 ply tire you'll see improved performance in wet and low traction situations and a nice visual improvement over stock with no appreciable difference in acceleration or mpg's based on my experience. If you decide to go with 8 or 10 ply D or E rated tires you'll add lots of extra weight (10-20lbs/tire) and it will affect acceleration and MPG's. Unless you're towing at the max tow ratings or doing serious rock crawling I don't know why folks move to the 8 or 10 ply tires other than to feel more confident they won't get a flat but I haven't had problems sticking with the 6 ply tire. I've been running the XL rated tires for about 6 months on my CC, 6.4 box eTorque hemi and have towed a small 4,000lb travel trailer as well as heavier dump trailers and flat beds without complaint.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't agree with the statement above that you need 3.92's and that 3.21's don't have a pull unless you are talking about the diesel engines specifically. The Hemi will spin 35's fairly easy with 3.21's.

It was a joke. Maybe you haven't followed the thread I referenced.

Users who are viewing this thread