5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falken Wildpeak

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
I was wondering does anyone use Falken Wildpeaks? Not the downgraded ones we get from factory with ORG, but the standard ones that get great reviews everywhere. Got a flat not long ago, irreparable, so was looking for factory replacements (couldn't justify $1000+ for 1 tire) and keep seeing them and their awesome reviews. Don't seem like anyone here runs them.

cochise111

Reaction score
The OEM Wkildpeaks are horrible in the rain. I don't think I've ever seen worse wet traction in a tire (except bald tires). I can't accelerate at all from a stop without the tires spinning.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering does anyone use Falken Wildpeaks? Not the downgraded ones we get from factory with ORG, but the standard ones that get great reviews everywhere. Got a flat not long ago, irreparable, so was looking for factory replacements (couldn't justify $1000+ for 1 tire) and keep seeing them and their awesome reviews. Don't seem like anyone here runs them.
$1000 for one tire? It’s $272 on Tire Rack right now for either the A/T3Wa or A/T3W. The LT version is $285. (OE size)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The OEM Wkildpeaks are horrible in the rain. I don't think I've ever seen worse wet traction in a tire (except bald tires). I can't accelerate at all from a stop without the tires spinning.
That’s odd. Mine have been great (24K miles so far) in all situations.

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I haven't been through every tire thread, but I've seen everything but these mentioned in the bit I did go through

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
$1000 for one tire? It’s $272 on Tire Rack right now for either the A/T3Wa or A/T3W. The LT version is $285. (OE size)
No, not 1 tire. I wrote that wrongly. I meant upgrading all 4 tires when I only needed to replace 1. The tread on my tires at 20k+ is still great. Tire Rack is where I got my OEM replacement.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I haven't been through every tire thread, but I've seen everything but these mentioned in the bit I did go through
There are other threads on this, but the aftermarket A/T3Ws are three peaks rated and have more aggressive siping. Their only disadvantage is that they’re quite a bit heavier.

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
I haven't noticed that, I mean I definitely can get wheelspin, but it has to be on purpose.
That’s odd. Mine have been great (24K miles so far) in all situations.
Same, but it seems the non OEMs are better. I can't recall why at the moment, was trying to find out here

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
There are other threads on this, but the aftermarket A/T3Ws are three peaks rated and have more aggressive siping. Their only disadvantage is that they’re quite a bit heavier.
3 peaks? What are ours? Heavier? Quite a bit?! Definitely kills my enthusiasm about them a bit 🙁😢

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
22a8d2f78ae10606bf5d10be099929b9.jpg

They are amazing tires for the price. I would buy them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve never had them, however I was going to replace my factory highway tires on my new 21 ram. I went to a trusted repair shop in my town and the owner suggested the wild peaks and that’s what I was going to go with. I couldn’t see putting $1300 into a new truck! But if I was needing tires I would definitely go with these based off a trusted recommendation👍🏻

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I've been endorsing them since I got my set. Awesome tires. I've managed to convince my brother and a buddy to make the switch. Not that they needed convincing. They saw mine and loved the look, asked about how they handled, and sold. Definitely recommend, would buy again. They're my primary winter set up, but I have run them briefly this past summer and they were great.

And in case you missed this thread:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've been endorsing them since I got my set. Awesome tires. I've managed to convince my brother and a buddy to make the switch. Not that they needed convincing. They saw mine and loved the look, asked about how they handled, and sold. Definitely recommend, would buy again. They're my primary winter set up, but I have run them briefly this past summer and they were great.

And in case you missed this thread:
Looks like you opted for the LTs. My last couple of trucks were HDs with LT KO2s. I would imagine they’d ride quite a bit stiffer on a 1/2-ton vs the non-LT series…no?

(edited to correct incorrect mention of P series tires)

Last edited:

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Looks like you opted for the LTs. My last couple of trucks were HDs with LT KO2s. I would imagine they’d ride quite a bit stiffer on a 1/2-ton vs the P series…no?
Interesting, I didn't think we were supposed to be using P rated tires, thought P was for passenger as in passenger cars. I always thought pickup trucks were light trucks and should be using LT tires. Guess if it fits, it fits

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
3 peaks? What are ours? Heavier? Quite a bit?! Definitely kills my enthusiasm about them a bit 🙁😢
Tire Rack shows our OEM tires as “severe snow service rated”. I just don’t remember seeing the icon on my tires.

Per Falken:
The A/T3Wa weighs 45.3 lbs (rated 113T)
The A/T3W weighs 48.1 lbs (rated 117T)
The LT A/T3W weighs 56.4 lbs (rated 115/112S)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting, I didn't think we were supposed to be using P rated tires, thought P was for passenger as in passenger cars. I always thought pickup trucks were light trucks and should be using LT tires. Guess if it fits, it fits
Sorry, they’re still A/T tires. Just not 80 psi LT tires. With the A/T3W, you can go with either LT (load range D, 8-ply) or non-LT (load range “XL”, 6-ply) in the original size.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't think that's entirely true. I believe you can get the 275/60R20 in an XL that weighs 48 lbs. @german88 would know.

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Tire Rack shows our OEM tires as “severe snow service rated”. I just don’t remember seeing the icon on my tires.

Per Falken:
The A/T3Wa weighs 45.3 lbs (rated 113T)
The A/T3W weighs 48.1 lbs (rated 117T)
The LT A/T3W weighs 56.4 lbs (rated 115/112S)

Sorry, they’re still A/T tires. Just not 80 psi LT tires. With the A/T3W, you can go with either LT (load range D, 8-ply) or non-LT (load range “XL”, 6-ply) in the original size.
Thanks for those bits of information! I think I'll go with the XLs when I get the aftermarket A/T3Ws, don't really think I need 8-ply tires. And, honestly, that's about my only complaint with my truck, I think my tires are a bit stiff.

Users who are viewing this thread