5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F150 Owner Bought a Ram Limited.......Dissapointed.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a funny drawing. Nothing like how the oil actually flows. The only thing they got right, is that oil flows through a filter.
Looks pretty accurate to me... at least for an old Ford I used to have. Though not sure how much oil coming down the valve guides actually made it into the crankcase despite the worn rings.

Last edited:

Av1

Reaction score
Anti-drainback valve in the filter helps keeps the oil from draining out of top of engine.

That was the correct answer.

It keeps oil in the upper oil galleys.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks pretty accurate to me... at least for an old Ford I used to have. Though not sure how much oil coming down the valve guides actually made it into the crankcase despite the worn rings.
It's not accurate at all. The oil is pumped to the crank and cam bearings, to lube them, and the excess oil just flings off, and runs down the block to the pan. It is also pumped into the lifter bores, to pump up the lifters, and also runs down the lifter bores to lube the cam lobes. the lifters pump oil up the push rods, to lube the valve train. The oil returns through oil galleys to the pan. The oil does not go down the bore, to lube the crank, then back up again toward the head to a drain tube.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's not accurate at all. The oil is pumped to the crank and cam bearings, to lube them, and the excess oil just flings off, and runs down the block to the pan. It is also pumped into the lifter bores, to pump up the lifters, and also runs down the lifter bores to lube the cam lobes. the lifters pump oil up the push rods, to lube the valve train. The oil returns through oil galleys to the pan. The oil does not go down the bore, to lube the crank, then back up again toward the head to a drain tube.
Like I said. It’s a very basic drawing for laymen. That diagram was to show how the oil filter works, not the oil system.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sorry, there's no rolling eyes emoji, so I had to directly reply to your comment.

🙄

6of36

Reaction score
I'm sorry, there's no rolling eyes emoji, so I had to directly reply to your comment.

🙄
I don't know why you would roll your eyes if you thought that was accurate. I should roll my eyes.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know why you would roll your eyes if you thought that was accurate. I should roll my eyes.
Did you even read what I wrote? Just making fun of my old junker Ford. Best 7 cylinder I've ever owned.

6of36

Reaction score
Did you even read what I wrote? Just making fun of my old junker Ford. Best 7 cylinder I've ever owned.
I saw your comment about rolling eyes, answering my comment about how the oiling system works.

Rammer470

Reaction score
We’re all in this together Ram brothers. Let’s just agree to somewhat disagree. 🤗

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/