5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F-150 Lightning

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
People want wind energy but from what I understand about windmills the cost of building, installing and maintenance you will never recoup the initial investment back from the energy it can produces so it it really saving the environment. The material have to come from some place. We have thousands of them around my area at any given time only about 2/3's of them are actually running the other third are in need of maintenance of some kind. See lots of blades getting replaced from lighting strikes, brakes failing and they self destruct. I would be curious what the actual up keep cost is for one windmill is verses the energy it produces but I bet we will never know what the true numbers are. Birds of pray won't fly by them so the rabbit and rodent population takes off. There is a lot more to wind energy than slapping up a windmill and thinking we are green now. Just sayin.
Read about wind turbine blade disposal, something else the green movement omits from their argument

ldoh

Reaction score
I like the idea of an EV truck, but I will wait and see how this all turns out for Ford. I would be more excited to see a RAM EV! And of course a build up of charging stations is needed also.

So far it seems FCA's EV plan involves hope of a merger. They haven't been good about doing their own homework.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So far it seems FCA's EV plan involves hope of a merger. They haven't been good about doing their own homework.

Nope, they haven't been doing their homework. But it has worked it in other ways besides gaining tech by the merger. they now don't have to buy billions in carbon credits from Tesla anymore.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
People want wind energy but from what I understand about windmills the cost of building, installing and maintenance you will never recoup the initial investment back from the energy it can produces so it it really saving the environment. The material have to come from some place. We have thousands of them around my area at any given time only about 2/3's of them are actually running the other third are in need of maintenance of some kind. See lots of blades getting replaced from lighting strikes, brakes failing and they self destruct. I would be curious what the actual up keep cost is for one windmill is verses the energy it produces but I bet we will never know what the true numbers are. Birds of pray won't fly by them so the rabbit and rodent population takes off. There is a lot more to wind energy than slapping up a windmill and thinking we are green now. Just sayin.
Here’s a well-considered answer to the ROI question: https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-th...ower-than-they-will-produce-in-their-lifetime

bwsRam19

Reaction score
So Gm already has committed to being totally electric by 2035, this gives another 14 plus years to beef up the grid. Probably one in ten americans buy a new car every few years so its not going to be that big of a deal. I expect to see more companies getting charging stations for employees over the next few years, and when this happens that means no more fuel cost and an added job perk.

Users who are viewing this thread