5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty

ryelinek

Reaction score
Hey guys. So my truck I have on factory order will be my first. This being a brand new refresh with a lot of new technology in the truck I think I may want to consider getting it. I’ll probably have the truck for 4-5 years beyond the 3yr/36k factory warranty.

I forgot to ask the dealer before I left about the cost. Does anyone know what the cost would be typically on a 2019 Limited? Also is there room to haggle on this cost with the dealer?

Any insight would be great so I can think this over while I wait for the truck to arrive.

Kilgy5

Reaction score
I also have a question on the dennis dillon lifetime powertrain warranty for free how is it possible anybody have any experience with thia?

J

jimh4662@

Yes, on all. Go to ram.com, owners site. Register. Tons of info plus records on your RAM when you supply VIN ownership. Click on Chrysler factory backed warranty. Squirrel though the information until you see sample warranty listing. Pdf file. Has prices on 100.00, 200.00, and 0.00 deductible. They were a lot cheaper than dealership. Same company coverage.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
For the basic extended warranty, not covering silly things like the tires, batter, windshield, stuff like that, it was $2,500 for 5 years 100K miles. I'm not sure about whether or not there is a price increase based on trim or sale price, but it didn't sound like it when I signed my paperwork.

My dealership also provides the lifetime powertrain warranty and they said just to make sure I follow the maintenance schedule and keep a binder with anything I have done, make sure it's at an SAE certified shop and it should hold. I'm sure there are plenty of "gotchas" in the paperwork though that will prevent you from making a claim, so since it was free I'm not counting on it to save my butt in anyway. I will for sure keep good records though in the off chance I can use it.

J

jimh4662@

That lifetime power train warranty I had an occasion to use. Belive it or not my water pump. Replaced at a dealer under it. Go figure

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Extended warranty price is definitely negotiable. If you do go with one, I'd stick with the Mopar one as opposed to any aftermarket warranty.

ryelinek

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
Extended warranty price is definitely negotiable. If you do go with one, I'd stick with the Mopar one as opposed to any aftermarket warranty.
When you mention the MOPAR warranty. Is that the one that the dealer will offer me upon sale?

I’d rather not deal with anything aftermarket to be honest. Any idea of the round about cost on this?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
ryelinek said:
When you mention the MOPAR warranty. Is that the one that the dealer will offer me upon sale?

I’d rather not deal with anything aftermarket to be honest. Any idea of the round about cost on this?
Chrysler Warranty Direct and Factory Plans are 2 popular places that people buy the Mopar warranties from online. You don't necessarily have to buy it from your dealer, but you could always get a quote from them and see if your dealer will match it. While most dealers can and will sell you a Mopar warranty, I've heard stories of dealers selling aftermarket extended warranties when people assumed they were getting a Mopar one. Just make sure that you specify that you want a Mopar warranty, both links I posted sell Mopar warranties only.

D

Deleted member103

ryelinek said:

Not really a "round-about" cost - depends on what deductible you choose / how many years you choose / how much milage you choose, and I believe the milage/time are inter-linked (don't quote me on that, though I should know I have an FCA Extended warrantee on my 2016 Jeep G.C. that I will be Transferring to a new DT - I HOPE - !
Which leads me to MY Question for JARED -- They ARE transferable for the SAME PERSON on a newer vehicle, right ?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Not really a "round-about" cost - depends on what deductible you choose / how many years you choose / how much milage you choose, and I believe the milage/time are inter-linked (don't quote me on that, though I should know I have an FCA Extended warrantee on my 2016 Jeep G.C. that I will be Transferring to a new DT - I HOPE - !
Which leads me to MY Question for JARED -- They ARE transferable for the SAME PERSON on a newer vehicle, right ?
That I'm not too sure about, although I'm definitely not a warranty expert.

D

Deleted member 85

FCA offers great new vehiclewarranty, however, their used vehicle warranties suck.

Typical we sell is Gold Plan, 5 year 100,000 km comprehensive with tires rotations, oil changes, and cabin air filter changes covered.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
FCA offers great new vehiclewarranty, however, their used vehicle warranties suck.

Typical we sell is Gold Plan, 5 year 100,000 km comprehensive with tires rotations, oil changes, and cabin air filter changes covered.
I got the 5 year 100,000km comprehensive on mine, they never said anything about tire rotations or oil changes though. Might not be a gold plan one that I have I guess.

D

Deleted member 85

There's 2, the first one is just warranty, "Gold Plan" refers to the added benefits I've listed. Difference is about $600 from the standard warranty, so it's worth every penny IMO.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
There's 2, the first one is just warranty, "Gold Plan" refers to the added benefits I've listed. Difference is about $600 from the standard warranty, so it's worth every penny IMO.
Yeah, I would have got it if they would have mentioned it. Oh well.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think I have the gold plan on mine(Plan 415) and I know I didn't get those extras. It was for 5 years/100K. Is that just the basic one. I got it because I wanted that extra piece of mind if something went wrong with my air suspension. Four years trouble free and Jan time frame the "Service air suspension" light came on. So far they changed the nitrogen and put all new lines on it.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
2019REBEL said:
I think I have the gold plan on mine(Plan 415) and I know I didn't get those extras. It was for 5 years/100K. Is that just the basic one. I got it because I wanted that extra piece of mind if something went wrong with my air suspension. Four years trouble free and Jan time frame the "Service air suspension" light came on. So far they changed the nitrogen and put all new lines on it.
Pulled out my paperwork, mine is 415 as well.

Flot

Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
I’m not sure $600 is worth it for 5 years of oil changes and tire rotations. I’ve paid $99-$129 for 4 oil changes (2 years worth) and rotate the tires at an extra $20-30 every other. (Or may have been included in the $129 plan?). So that’s about $350-400 for 4 years worth. And of course I’m not out $600 up front, and if I sell the truck they don’t just vanish.

FWIW in the past, Mopar extended warranties were priced the same at Day 1 as they were on Day 364. Not positive if this is still the case, but there was a 10-15% jump if you purchased the warranty in years 2-3. If that pricing continues, it isn’t a bad strategy to wait, as you may decide the vehicle isn’t for you, you got a lemon, etc, etc.

PS: Lou, there is absolutely no way your existing extended warranty is transferrible to anything. You MAY have the ability to cancel it if you have never used it and if you are still inside your original warranty period. You should be looking at that with a quickness.

D

Deleted member103

Flot said:
I’m not sure $600 is worth it for 5 years of oil changes and tire rotations. I’ve paid $99-$129 for 4 oil changes (2 years worth) and rotate the tires at an extra $20-30 every other. (Or may have been included in the $129 plan?). So that’s about $350-400 for 4 years worth.

PS: Lou, there is absolutely no way your existing extended warranty is transferrible to anything. You MAY have the ability to cancel it if you have never used it and if you are still inside your original warranty period. You should be looking at that with a quickness.
Caught me off guard - thanks. Not a problem, well within both parameters ! But Won't cancel on the G.C. unless I get a Pro-Rated Refund !
Also, Won't cancel until I KNOW I'm trading vs. Selling . . . by selling, I Do Know that it IS transferable to another person WITH the Vehicle ! USA Rules . . don't know about Canada !? Again thank You for the PS !

D

Deleted member 85

Flot said:
I’m not sure $600 is worth it for 5 years of oil changes and tire rotations. I’ve paid $99-$129 for 4 oil changes (2 years worth) and rotate the tires at an extra $20-30 every other. (Or may have been included in the $129 plan?). So that’s about $350-400 for 4 years worth. And of course I’m not out $600 up front, and if I sell the truck they don’t just vanish.

FWIW in the past, Mopar extended warranties were priced the same at Day 1 as they were on Day 364. Not positive if this is still the case, but there was a 10-15% jump if you purchased the warranty in years 2-3. If that pricing continues, it isn’t a bad strategy to wait, as you may decide the vehicle isn’t for you, you got a lemon, etc, etc.

$600 Canadian is a good deal, don't forget
1f609.png

Users who are viewing this thread