5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended warranty

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is precisely why I am looking. I had my 2019 RAM in 16 times (yep, 16!) for a display issue ( that magical 12" inch display )-- it would lock up showing the camera views and that's all. Locked... no control. Eventually, by visit #10 or #12, display went black -- so each time dealers (went to 2 in Tampa area) tried to repair such, without success (I at least got the display replaced & "working".) Numerous SW updates, lots of overnight visits (at least I got a wrangler to mess with). But only in the last few weeks has it seemed to "work". So: Q. keep truck? or sell it? All so far covered by 36/36K B2B warranty. But that's ending this July! BTW, its rare it is the powertrain that loses it before 100K miles. But all the 1000s of electronic and platic-mechanical trinkets are my RAM's Achilles many heels! As for # total warranty visits, 20! Side mirrors both replaced, light switch came out of dashboard... others I forgotten ... hmmm? do I see a GMC on the horizon again?
Why would you not Lemon law that?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I decided to pull the trigger with Ziegler today. I purchased a Mopar Maxcare for $2605 for 8 years/125,000 miles with a $200 deductible. I’ve purchased extended warranties from them in the past and have always been satisfied with the deal.

I don’t expect major problems with this 3rd Gen but by purchasing the extended warranty I’m limiting my exposure to the big ticket items after the 3/36 bumper to bumper and 5 year/100K powertrain warranty expire.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I decided to pull the trigger with Ziegler today. I purchased a Mopar Maxcare for $2605 for 8 years/125,000 miles with a $200 deductible. I’ve purchased extended warranties from them in the past and have always been satisfied with the deal.

I don’t expect major problems with this 3rd Gen but by purchasing the extended warranty I’m limiting my exposure to the big ticket items after the 3/36 bumper to bumper and 5 year/100K powertrain warranty expire.
Thanks for posting this as you made me feel better. I bought the 8/100,000/$200 warranty from my dealer and paid $24something and was wondering if I did the right thing by not shopping. Looks like my price is in the reasonable area. With the Limited and air suspension I felt it was a must.

On my '15 I had their fully refundable warranty but that was quite a bit more for this truck so I passed.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this as you made me feel better. I bought the 8/100,000/$200 warranty from my dealer and paid $24something and was wondering if I did the right thing by not shopping. Looks like my price is in the reasonable area. With the Limited and air suspension I felt it was a must.

On my '15 I had their fully refundable warranty but that was quite a bit more for this truck so I passed.
FYI, I could have purchased it for $115 less making it $2490 but decided to finance it interest free over the next twelve months. It was the difference between using the discount code PAYINFULL and getting a $365 discount versus using HAPPY and getting a $250 discount with 12 month zero interest financing. I opted for the latter and use FCAs monthly for a year.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI, I could have purchased it for $115 less making it $2490 but decided to finance it interest free over the next twelve months. It was the difference between using the discount code PAYINFULL and getting a $365 discount versus using HAPPY and getting a $250 discount with 12 month zero interest financing. I opted for the latter and use FCAs monthly for a year.
Yea, I too financed mine over 3 years for 0%. In any event the price seems reasonable. I guess some dealers really put the screws to unsuspecting buyers.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased mine 3 weeks ago. Used PAYINFULL and paid $2,490.00. I utilized a credit card deal on my Amex Marriot card which has a 10X Marriot points for all PayPal transactions and Zeigler accepts PayPal Checkout so I ended up getting back 25,000 Marriot points for my purchase or about $175 back in points. Not nothing but it was a good excuse to use that promotion.

Still skeptical on this being factory or not, a few days after purchase and my Mopar app shows the warranty as valid so it applied pretty quickly. Warrantied until 125 or 2029.
MIwsFVt.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread