5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty in Florida

Lrpilot

Reaction score
Has anyone living in Florida been successful in getting a discounted price on the factory extended warranty? I realize the insurance commission here forces everyone to pay MSRP for these warranties. I’m wondering if using a family member’s out of state address even though the truck is registered and titled in FL will work for a discount on the warranty. Thoughts from anyone who has done this?

AK103

Reaction score
I'm actually in the same boat.
I'm hoping to order from Zeigler as it's the cheapest I could find (with coupon PAYINFULL)

Hoping I could just use our NYC address when I order it.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
use your second home, an address that is not in florida

Lrpilot

Reaction score
I'm actually in the same boat.
I'm hoping to order from Zeigler as it's the cheapest I could find (with coupon PAYINFULL)

Hoping I could just use our NYC address when I order it.
Where do you I put the promo code on Ziegler? I couldn’t find that option anywhere on their website.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
You just need an address to send the packet to.
Thanks. I thought I read somewhere that the address for the warranty had to match the state in which the vehicle is registered or it could void the warranty coverage?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Settle down and stop moving every few months...

vet314

Reaction score
From Zeiglers website (chryslerfactoryplans.com)-

Questions about Florida​

Q: Can Florida residents purchase extended service warranties online from us?
A: Yes, because Zeigler Auto Group is licensed (Number W300391) to sell Mopar warranties in Florida. Florida residents can only purchase Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans at Mopar retail prices from dealers licensed to sell in the State of Florida. Our licensed is viewable at: www.myfloridacfo.com
Q: Can I buy a Mopar factory-backed warranty if my Florida dealer does not offer you a Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan?
A: You certainly can purchase a genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan from us at the best price available.
Q: If I live part of the year in Florida, can I register the Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan in a different state since I have a home in another state?
A: Residents such as military families, snowbirds and others with residents in other states can register Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans in their other state of residence, provided their vehicle is registered there also.
Q: If I purchase coverage through you, will I have trouble using it in Florida?
A: No. You will receive a Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan contract based on the terms and conditions of Florida laws and regulations, and your protection plan will be honored at any Chrysler, Dodge, Ram or Jeep dealership in the U.S. and Canada.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
does not need to be registered in another state, you merely need an address to ship to. They don't even care if the zip code for billing is in FL.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
First off - INSURANCE COMMISSION DOESN'T FORCE MSRP. That is a LIE that the dealers tell you - to get you to pay MSRP. I know this - BECAUSE I CALLED THE INSURANCE COMMISSIONERS OFFICE and they told me so.

Ziegler will also "upcharge you" for a Florida policy.

I went with another dealer - RIEDMAN MOTORS CO INC - in Indiana. (765) 825-4341.

Their contract even has on it: Consumers in the State of Florida: The rate charged for this agreement is not subject to regulation by the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation.

I paid 2990 for a MaxCare 7 year/Unlimited.

DO NOT PAY THE RIPOFF UPCHARGES - even from the Ziegler site for a Florida registered vehicle.

On previous vehicles - years ago, before out of state dealers were license to sell ExWarrs in FL - I used a friends address in NC - they do NOT REQUIRE the vehicle reg to sell you a policy.

Florida - the land of the SCAMMERS - had a bunch of phone rooms down here selling bogus policies. It got SO BAD - the state had to step in and regulate them.

Keep in mind - from a "legal standpoint" - there are NOT EXTENDED WARRANTIES (even from FCA) - they are INSURANCE.

Rick

AK103

Reaction score
First off - INSURANCE COMMISSION DOESN'T FORCE MSRP. That is a LIE that the dealers tell you - to get you to pay MSRP. I know this - BECAUSE I CALLED THE INSURANCE COMMISSIONERS OFFICE and they told me so.

Ziegler will also "upcharge you" for a Florida policy.

I went with another dealer - RIEDMAN MOTORS CO INC - in Indiana. (765) 825-4341.

Their contract even has on it: Consumers in the State of Florida: The rate charged for this agreement is not subject to regulation by the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation.

I paid 2990 for a MaxCare 7 year/Unlimited.

DO NOT PAY THE RIPOFF UPCHARGES - even from the Ziegler site for a Florida registered vehicle.

On previous vehicles - years ago, before out of state dealers were license to sell ExWarrs in FL - I used a friends address in NC - they do NOT REQUIRE the vehicle reg to sell you a policy.

Florida - the land of the SCAMMERS - had a bunch of phone rooms down here selling bogus policies. It got SO BAD - the state had to step in and regulate them.

Keep in mind - from a "legal standpoint" - there are NOT EXTENDED WARRANTIES (even from FCA) - they are INSURANCE.

Rick

What was your deductible on 7year/unlimited?

Wsmith

Reaction score
Ouch, I thought Illinois was bad. I just went on there website and punched in Florida. I didn't even see where you could apply the PAYINFULL code. Mine was $2,350 for 8/125 this morning$ $200 deductible. It was $3600 plus for Florida without PAYINFULL. I feel sorry for you guys, must be the multitude of retired drivers.

Last edited:

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had many (Q-tips) Pull out in front of me when I lived in Florida.
Stay away from any of the Century Cemetery Villages.

Malodave

Ram21

Reaction score
Might be a dumb question but if I lease would I need an extended warranty? Am in Florida.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lrpilot

Reaction score
does not need to be registered in another state, you merely need an address to ship to. They don't even care if the zip code for billing is in FL.
There was some discussion in a previous thread that you could be denied your warranty coverage if FCA found out your vehicle is titled and registered in FL and you used a different address to purchase your extended warranty. I’d hate to find that out after dropping $2K+ on a warranty.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There was some discussion in a previous thread that you could be denied your warranty coverage if FCA found out your vehicle is titled and registered in FL and you used a different address to purchase your extended warranty. I’d hate to find that out after dropping $2K+ on a warranty.
Why would FCA care? They don’t sell the warranty to you, and they don’t care how much dealerships charge for their extended warranties. By that logic, you couldn’t by a new truck with extended warranty, then move to Florida the next day, and have the extended warranty honored when needed?
The reality is, you can buy the extended warranty from any dealer, while living anywhere, and have it honored at any dealership in the US, no matter where you live at the time the warranty work is needed.

RSConsulting

Reaction score

As I commented - I purchased IN FLORIDA - from Riedman, with a Florida address - and paid the NON-FLORIDA PRICE for it.

it's a NON-ISSUE if you find a legit FCA dealer, that will charge you the REGULAR PRICE.

The particular people I dealt with at Riedman - ALL THEY DO IS SELL FCA WARRANTY PLANS - that's their job at that dealer - so sell FCA plans over the phone.

There's no reason to pay a RIPOFF FLORIDA PRICE - when LEGITIMATE DEALERS will sell you the same plan, at the right price, using your Florida address - so there's NO QUESTION about the legitimacy of your plan.

In the actual event that FCA denied you coverage for that reason - they would have to REFUND YOUR PAYMENT. But I just DON'T SEE THAT HAPPENING.

Although it seems like FCA likes to DENY WARRANTY COVERAGE for any reason they can come up with.

NEVER HAD AN ISSUE with my HondaCare. I made an appointment - dropped the car - grabbed my loaner - picked it up when they called.

But, similar to every internet forum - you don't have people coming on to "sing the praises" of a dealer/manufacturer - we only hear THE BAD STUFF. For every Ram truck that has a "commonly seen issue", keep in mind - there are thousands that DO NOT...

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread