5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended warranty cost?

TVANVA

Reaction score
Make printed copies of the quotes from Ziegler and other providers (they need to be FCA) and take them with you when you talk to the dealership financial department. For sure, it takes the wind out of their hard sell of a drastically marked up FCA warranty, and it shows them you've researched and come prepared. Many times the dealership with match it or come close since some profit is better than none.

Memphsi87

Reaction score
How are you getting the Ziegler quotes? do they have a website or do you have to call to receive one

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How are you getting the Ziegler quotes? do they have a website or do you have to call to receive one
Ziegler has a website - search on it.
I ended up using Chrysler Warranty Direct, here is Jason Edmonson's email: [email protected] and phone: (517)662-0400. The price I paid for both the truck warranty and the separate wheel/tire warranty is in my signature.
Good luck.

Memphsi87

Reaction score
Ziegler has a website - search on it.
I ended up using Chrysler Warranty Direct, here is Jason Edmonson's email: [email protected] and phone: (517)662-0400. The price I paid for both the truck warranty and the separate wheel/tire warranty is in my signature.
Good luck.
Finally found it on the zeigler website, much easier when I was using a computer as opposed to the mobile site. Quoted at $3010 for 6 year 100,000. Seems a little high to me

shrubs2000

Reaction score
Dealers rip you off on everything you can add including warranty's. The only advantage of buying one from them is they can add the warranty cost into what you are financing. Still not worth it in my opinion since even the site I provided above will allow you to pay monthly for the warranty.

My dealer wouldn't even over the FCA warranty but were pushing a 3rd party warranty... let me think... and NO! I'm going to pull the plug on an extended warranty here in a few days as I'm just short of 10K miles and want to get it before 12K.

GARebel19

Reaction score
I asked my dealer why they were pushing the 3rd party warranty and I was told that the people who own the dealership also own the warranty company. I keep going back and forth on buying the extended warranty. Plan to keep it a while so it's probably a good idea but no problems yet.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Many third party warranty companies offer the Dealers up to 50% commission per sale. I would only consider Factory, they will not be out of business when I need the coverage. If you check out the BBB on the third party companies its full of very bad experiences.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally found it on the zeigler website, much easier when I was using a computer as opposed to the mobile site. Quoted at $3010 for 6 year 100,000. Seems a little high to me
That is high. A quick run through their website for a 2019 RAM 1500 4x4 shows $2040 for 6 years / 100,000 miles / $100 deductibe (it jumps to $2800 for $0 deductible). I paid around $3K for mine (7 years / unlimited miles / $100 deductible). I would go through and check your selections again or give them a call. Check for discount codes too. When I got mine I know they had a $365 discount if I paid for it up front and around $100 discount if I paid with 12 monthly installments.

If you are paying through 12 monthly installments check to see what you can put down. Not everyone is flexible with the initial down payment so make sure you check on that. IIRC Zeigler offered several options for down payment. After that, though, they are all the same with 12 equal monthly installments of what the remaining balance is.

Zeigler (https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/) was selling them at or near cost (with the discount) and they had the best price around when I shopped for my extended warranty.

I also believe that you can pay extra to have it fully refundable if you don't use it. After the policy expires, if you don't use a cent of the warranty, you get it all back.

Last edited:

Memphsi87

Reaction score
That is high. A quick run through their website for a 2019 RAM 1500 4x4 shows $2040 for 6 years / 100,000 miles / $100 deductibe (it jumps to $2800 for $0 deductible). I paid around $3K for mine (7 years / unlimited miles / $100 deductible). I would go through and check your selections again or give them a call. Check for discount codes too. When I got mine I know they had a $365 discount if I paid for it up front and around $100 discount if I paid with 12 monthly installments.

If you are paying through 12 monthly installments check to see what you can put down. Not everyone is flexible with the initial down payment so make sure you check on that. IIRC Zeigler offered several options for down payment. After that, though, they are all the same with 12 equal monthly installments of what the remaining balance is.

Zeigler (https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/) was selling them at or near cost (with the discount) and they had the best price around when I shopped for my extended warranty.

I also believe that you can pay extra to have it fully refundable if you don't use it. After the policy expires, if you don't use a cent of the warranty, you get it all back.
When I went to Chryslerfactoryplans. I got a much cheaper amount

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got mine from Zeigler a few weeks ago. 2019 Bighorn with 11,800 miles (just under the first “gate” of 12,000 miles where the price goes up.) 8/85,000 $100 deductible for $1430

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I went to Chryslerfactoryplans. I got a much cheaper amount
Not surprised. There are plenty of factors that change the price (state, 4wd, commercial use, mileage, deisel, etc.). Not to mention that it can fluctuate some day-to-day.

I just threw in some quick selections to do a basic price comparison.

beanz690

Reaction score
My truck just hit 12k miles this week, do you guys know if they request proof of the odometer at the time of purchasing a warranty. The difference for me is like $350 if the miles are below 12k. I just bought the truck 1 month ago with 11k miles so I have several documents with dates and the odometer reading from the purchase date.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure.

I know that it shows my current mileage when I log into Mopar.com. I'm not sure how often my truck's info is uploaded to FCA and recorded.

Log into your Mopar Owner's account (https://www.mopar.com/ramtrucks/en-us/sign-in.html) and see what mileage is showing for your truck. That should give you your answer: act now or pay the price bump.

CrookedLetta

Reaction score
My truck just hit 12k miles this week, do you guys know if they request proof of the odometer at the time of purchasing a warranty. The difference for me is like $350 if the miles are below 12k. I just bought the truck 1 month ago with 11k miles so I have several documents with dates and the odometer reading from the purchase date.
When I bought my warranty, approximately two years ago now, they did not require proof.

beanz690

Reaction score
When I bought my warranty, approximately two years ago now, they did not require proof.
Thanks for the reply! I think I'm going to buy it (8 years/84,000) for $2,250. Since my truck is so under miles I don't think I'll ever drive more than that in the next 6 years.

U

User_3336

I'm not sure.

I know that it shows my current mileage when I log into Mopar.com. I'm not sure how often my truck's info is uploaded to FCA and recorded.

Log into your Mopar Owner's account (https://www.mopar.com/ramtrucks/en-us/sign-in.html) and see what mileage is showing for your truck. That should give you your answer: act now or pay the price bump.
This only works if you have connected services installed in your RAM. Not all touch screens have connected services such as Sirius Guardian

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This only works if you have connected services installed in your RAM. Not all touch screens have connected services such as Sirius Guardian
I cancelled my Guardian at the end of the trial (over a year ago) and my mopar.com owner's account is still being updated with current info.

I don't know if that's info that's gathered for every truck or if it's an artifact of the original Guardian trial.

Users who are viewing this thread