5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust recommendations

Ope2019

Reaction score
I'm needing a new exhaust as mine has been bent in a few spots (don't ask). So since OEM will basically be the similar price to an aftermarket, I was looking at that route. I was looking at the Borla touring, likely with the resonator. I don't want it to be loud and obnoxious, but some more bite would be great. I won't really have the oem exhaust to put back on if the Borla is too loud for me. I have read through a lot of threads and people saying the touring is louder than expected. Basically if on a scale of 1 being the OEM and 10 being the ATAK, where would it rank?

onelochevy

Reaction score
You doing a full cat-back system or just a muffler? If just the muffler, check out B2 fabrication. Been really happy with their setup on my truck.

FishOn

Reaction score
Spend some time on youtube, there are a ton of guys with videos so you can hear most all of them on our truck.

Ope2019

Reaction score
Oh I've been on youtube lol. I just don't think you get the full "picture" in a video.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The problem with exhaust is until it's on your truck, you will never be sure. Everyone here has different tolerances and opinions on what is loud, quiet and considered "drone".

If you YouTube didn't give you a clear idea, some words on a forum aren't going to do much either. Especially if that person who is giving you their opinion isn't synchronized with your opinion on sound quality to begin with.

If you plan on running in MDS, a tuned cat-back is the way to go because they take into account going into 4-cylinder mode and usually tune that drone out. The Borla Touring is about as quiet as they come for a catback, but if it's too loud for you, a good muffler shop will be able to get another resonator on there for you to quiet it even further.

Ope2019

Reaction score
Oh i know. I wish there was a way to hear them all in person. I do plan on running MDS. I don't drive a ton of highway, but enough to have drone be an issue for sure. The Carvens seem a little much for me. I like the sound of Borla, but i really enjoy listening to my radio on 9.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm needing a new exhaust as mine has been bent in a few spots (don't ask). So since OEM will basically be the similar price to an aftermarket, I was looking at that route. I was looking at the Borla touring, likely with the resonator. I don't want it to be loud and obnoxious, but some more bite would be great. I won't really have the oem exhaust to put back on if the Borla is too loud for me. I have read through a lot of threads and people saying the touring is louder than expected. Basically if on a scale of 1 being the OEM and 10 being the ATAK, where would it rank?

I’m selling a fairly new Kooks KST catback system which sounds like the touring. 1,000 miles on the kit. Let me know if you’re interested.

Ope2019

Reaction score
Oh wow, I do like the sound of that. I just watched your video on YouTube. Very nice. How comparable is it to the touring would you say? No sure if youve had 1st hand experience with the Borla? Why are you selling it if I may ask.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh wow, I do like the sound of that. I just watched your video on YouTube. Very nice. How comparable is it to the touring would you say? No sure if youve had 1st hand experience with the Borla? Why are you selling it if I may ask.

Dm’ed you

Users who are viewing this thread