5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust Mods & Towing

Wisco417

Reaction score
Looking for some help, I currently have the Carven Competitor cut & clamp (with stock resonators) on my 2019 Bighorn, 5.7. Have had it on for about 2 years but in the last few months the tone (and drone) seems to have increased and have not been working for me (or maybe my ears have changed). Either way I need a change (my wife hasn't loved it since I put it on, but now especially not since we have a 5 month old). I also pull my 19' Fish & Ski Boat (3500 lbs) and to me, the Carven is just too loud while towing.

Have it narrowed down I think between the B2 Fab Moderate (which seems like it would be a drastic decrease in sound from the Carven) or the Borla Touring, which I really can't tell in videos how it compares to the Carven. I know lots of people on here say it's louder than the expected, but I figured I could always put the Borla resonator on if needed. I do know the sound will be better overall being a tuned, full cat back.

Anyone with experience it going to something similar from the Carven Cut & Clamp? Or have experience towing with a setup similar to the B2 Fab Moderate or Borla Touring? Finding it way too hard to make a decision on spending $500 (want to order B2 Fab 5" tips if I go that route) - $1000 and not knowing if I will like the outcome. Thanks!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the Carvan cat-back which I like pretty well. I'm hoping it doesn't change after 2 years.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There’s another thread on here with lots of good info on the B2 Fab mufflers and a bunch more, I think the thread is called “What Exhaust to get”

badpewterz

Reaction score
stock- the reverb off the front of our camper with aftermarket on my 18 was so damn annoying while towing with family in truck.
my thought is an electric cutout with one direction into stock exhaust and then when "open" pipe to after muffler but still exit stock tips. be able to turn loud on and off

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
stock- the reverb off the front of our camper with aftermarket on my 18 was so damn annoying while towing with family in truck.
my thought is an electric cutout with one direction into stock exhaust and then when "open" pipe to after muffler but still exit stock tips. be able to turn loud on and off
Thinking of this as well. Did you ever try using the cutout to bypass the muffler like you mentioned? Curious if it would still sound good considering a possible helmholtz effect?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you ever do this?

Orion10182011

Reaction score
Get Corsa Sport if you want to kill drone. With the exhaust pointing right at the trailer there probably isn't anything you can do to quiet that down except for the stock system.

I have the Corsa and while cruising down the highway I don't even hear it. No Idea about towing yet. My guess it will be loud reflecting off the trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread