5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust Manifold Cracked

hi. so is there a recall on this? or under powertrain warranty. i just made an appointment today.

hi. so is there a recall on this? or under powertrain warranty. i just made an appointment today.
Here's a link to where the TSB was posted. I don't think there's officially a "recall".

Have you had any problems with them after it was fixed
Yes. They failed again about 100,000m later (I think), and were again replaced - this time under my extended warranty.

Do the exhaust manifolds fall under emissions warranty? Someone in another thread said they do.

Do the exhaust manifolds fall under emissions warranty? Someone in another thread said they do.
I just had both manifolds replaced, They covered them under the 5 year/60K powertrain warranty. Didn't cost me anything out of pocket

I just had both manifolds replaced, They covered them under the 5 year/60K powertrain warranty. Didn't cost me anything out of pocket
Nice. Doesn’t look like they’re cover under the 8 year 80k miles warranty.

I just took my truck in on Monday and they diagnosed a cracked manifold on the passenger side. It's quite obvious on a cold start. Unfortunately, the parts are on backorder and have no estimated arrival. It will be covered under the 5-year/100,000km. My 5 years will be up in May of 2025 and I currently have 82,000km on the odometer.

So I'm starting to suspect I'm having some kind of exhaust issue but I'm really not sure.

When I drove my truck to work yesterday I got my usual 16-17 mpg on the highway. When i got in to head home i was getting 11-12 which is pretty extreme difference in my opinion. I do not have a check engjne light on or anything and there isn't a loud tick that you can hear from inside the truck. When I opened the truck with the engine running it did seem like there was a minor tick on the passenger side but since this is my first Ram I wasn't sure if it was the famous Hemi tick that I hear about.

If the manifold is cracked, does the MPG fall like mine did? What else would tell me (a person who is not a mechanic by any means) that it is indeed a manifold issue?

So I'm starting to suspect I'm having some kind of exhaust issue but I'm really not sure.

When I drove my truck to work yesterday I got my usual 16-17 mpg on the highway. When i got in to head home i was getting 11-12 which is pretty extreme difference in my opinion. I do not have a check engjne light on or anything and there isn't a loud tick that you can hear from inside the truck. When I opened the truck with the engine running it did seem like there was a minor tick on the passenger side but since this is my first Ram I wasn't sure if it was the famous Hemi tick that I hear about.

If the manifold is cracked, does the MPG fall like mine did? What else would tell me (a person who is not a mechanic by any means) that it is indeed a manifold issue?
I would suspect it would need to be a really large crack to affect mpg that much

Add me to the growing list…. I noticed it ticking/sounding weird about a month ago.

My truck has 63,300 miles on it and the dealer won’t cover it.

I’m trying to decide which shorty headers to install to hopefully solve it permanently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add me to the growing list…. I noticed it ticking/sounding weird about a month ago.

I’m trying to decide which shorty headers to install to hopefully solve it permanently.

Which ones are you going with? From what I’ve seen a lot of shorties break welds.

what year
sorry
if you posted it somewhere else we do not want to read through hundreds of posts

I suspect my second set of manifolds have cracked.....Ill see if I can get it in the shop this week to have it checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back