5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque vs. Hemi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No doubt etorque saves money in the city. But I wouldn't base the exact amount of savings off of the ECU, they can be unreliable. You would have to hand calc that, or run a test that lasts 2 or 3 full tanks for each truck.

My truck will drop MPG very quickly when I remote start for 5 to 10 minutes, but yet at the end of the tank I haven't really lost anything compared to when I didn't use remote start even though the ECU will bounce around a little every time I use it. For some reason I find myself using it a lot lately, must be getting old.

I hand calc'd my truck on every tank, for the 1st year and I've never been more than .30 from the computer in either direction.
This trucks calculations seem to be a more accurate than my 2003 was. I get 415 - 430 every tank driving in Dallas and refill with 23-24.5 gallons.
At this point, I can simply look at total mileage for this tank of gas and how much fuel I refill the tank with and roughly know what my mileage is without even hand calculating it because I've done it so many times. I check it in the calculator about every 2 tanks but have been watching it more lately because I replaced the stock Goodyear 22s and wanted to see if there was a change.
These tires are slightly heavier by about 3 lb per tire but they have a higher treadwear rating which would make them a little more fuel efficient than a goodyears, so I've been keeping an eye on it.

I really didn't care about etoric, didn't really want it and had no interest in it but the limits that I found all came with it. Once I started researching and reading on what etoric did and watching the videos I decided that it probably wasn't a negative for me as I do far more city driving than I do highway driving.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
People can claim that etorque and auto stop/start doesn't offer any savings all they want but unless I've done some math wrong somewhere, it seems to be worth almost 3mpg for me. Obviously if you have a significant amount of city driving, etorque would save you fuel and if not, etorque wouldn't be a benefit for you.
These two sentences seem to contradict each other. In the first you say that our claims that the system doesn't offer any savings are in essence bogus. Yet in the second you say that there are cases where it won't be a benefit. Are you practicing to be a politician? :ROFLMAO: The second sentence is spot-on. You should have led with that.

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
How's fixing etorque not just the price for participating in the world of mild hybrids?

Dude, how can you not get this? I know from the tone of your post that you're now getting emotional, but seriously, how can you not get this?

The mild hybrid doesn't exist for "no reason". It must deliver what it says it's going deliver...fuel savings. If it delivers more savings than the cost of fixing it if/when it breaks, then the owner is in a net positive position. If it does not deliver any savings after netting out the cost of the fix, then it is a fail, and the owner is worse off for having it. That's it.

My e-torque came with the truck, I didn't order it, I didn't pay extra for it, so I'm fairly neutral on the whole thing.

Supercharger and 4WD don't promise any fuel savings, so any analogy trying to link those to an e-torque is invalid on it's face.

The only reason I'm addressing you is because you asked me to. On December 8th, page 2, I was addressing the OP's comments about a super charger and 4WD...then you entered the conversation attempting to support the OP's argument. That's where I entered your life. If you want to continue quoting me I'll continue responding.

I've been off the site going real world stuff for a while, as I likely will be again soon. However, I can continue coming back to discuss this as long as you keep quoting me. Your call.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
These two sentences seem to contradict each other. In the first you say that our claims that the system doesn't offer any savings are in essence bogus. Yet in the second you say that there are cases where it won't be a benefit. Are you practicing to be a politician? :ROFLMAO: The second sentence is spot-on. You should have led with that.

Maybe a reading comprehension class?
People can claim that etorque and auto stop/start doesn't offer any savings all they want but unless I've done some math wrong somewhere, it seems to be worth almost 3mpg for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread