5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Etorque generator noise

Seadoorxpguy

Reaction score
Does the whine you hear change pitch with the downshifting when you're decelerating and coming to a stop? My 2022 Laramie has a faint whine that does that when I'm coming to a stop. I haven't seen any issues beyond simply hearing the whine. So I haven't really been overly concerned. But I have thought about letting my dealer take a listen and see if they might find something not quite right. Hope they figure yours out. Post back any updates!
Mine was making noise like that. Seemed like on shorts trips it was more prevalent. Once the bearing got warm the noise would go away completely. My dealer didn't hear it at first but I replied I wasn't taking the truck back till the noise was confirmed.

Luv2fly3

Reaction score
Mine was making noise like that. Seemed like on shorts trips it was more prevalent. Once the bearing got warm the noise would go away completely. My dealer didn't hear it at first but I replied I wasn't taking the truck back till the noise was confirmed.

So they did eventually hear it? What is the cause and was it anything that needed corrected?

Seadoorxpguy

Reaction score
So they did eventually hear it? What is the cause and was it anything that needed corrected?
The bearing in the unit was failing. The tech heard it and they replaced the unit under warranty. I was at 57k miles and didnt wana get stuck out of warranty with a failed unit.

Users who are viewing this thread