5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque Conspiracy Theories!!!

SlowArrow

Reaction score
Love my eTorque. Added a lifetime warranty - I’m thinking it covers the 48V battery........better check that one again.

Csiezega

Reaction score
So I bought my Rebel w/eTorque two weeks ago, wonder if I can get this back somehow.... darn. 310 miles still only getting 13mpg city. Just figured out your seat belt has to be on to have the auto start/stop work...

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I'm on the other camp. I was specifically looking for a non eTorque truck when I got mine, and fortunately it was before they started showing in dealer lots back in June, so I got my sweet Limited w/o eTorque without TT mirrors since I wanted 360 cameras and power folding (that was a little harder, as most of the trucks I found had them).

lasstss

Reaction score
Mine also …. the tow mirrors ….. well little pissed about that !
Went back to the dealer about the powered but not powered mirrors. Its one of the reasons I bought it off the lot. No power folding mirrors is not going to fly! Its on the sticker, its their problem.

surfingcrna

Reaction score
I looked at the E-Torque but the cost compared to the MPG savings not to be realized for a long time didn't make any sense for me. Can't believe I said no to tech. Must be getting old.

MCPT1

Reaction score
Just to throw a contrarian view into the mix, I have the E torque option , approx 2000 miles no problem, also have the trailer tow package, wanted the integrated trailer brake, not having power fold mirrors isn't an issue for me, only ever need them at the car wash, have never had a 360 view camera so don't miss that either, to each his own

LossPrev

Reaction score
Just to throw a contrarian view into the mix, I have the E torque option , approx 2000 miles no problem, also have the trailer tow package, wanted the integrated trailer brake, not having power fold mirrors isn't an issue for me, only ever need them at the car wash, have never had a 360 view camera so don't miss that either, to each his own

Not to turn this into a mirror thread(probably too late) but for me it's not just the power folding that is missing, it's also the loss of dimming and on Laramie Black Appearance/Rebels you lose heated function and they aren't tied to the memory seats. Those are all huge, daily things that I use that are taken away on an "upgrade package".

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don't have to get the tow package for the integrated trailer brake controller.

Zinger

Reaction score
I took off my tinfoil hat and bought an eTorque yesterday. It is just too smooth not to have it. In the end I figured it's warrantied for 8 years so why not. Ram is putting these on a ton of trucks so even if there is an issue time will sort it out. I'd really love to know what the replacement parts will cost but it'll be a long time before that happens. It really is a fairly simple system, as long as it has the longevity.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I took off my tinfoil hat and bought an eTorque yesterday. It is just too smooth not to have it. In the end I figured it's warrantied for 8 years so why not. Ram is putting these on a ton of trucks so even if there is an issue time will sort it out. I'd really love to know what the replacement parts will cost but it'll be a long time before that happens. It really is a fairly simple system, as long as it has the longevity.
Congrats. Keep us posted. The eTorque is in use on a few FCA vehicles. And Ram was overwhelmed with the take rate of this thing.

Enjoy your new truck. Add the truck to your signature and show us some pics.

Csiezega

Reaction score
You don't have to get the tow package for the integrated trailer brake controller.
Gman, you are correct. I have a rebel with a trailer brake controller & heated & pwr folding mirrors. Thinking it's because I went with equipment package 2. All the equipment package 1 trucks I see have the tow mirrors.
Back to this thread- I have an Etorque, not seeing the efficiency numbers I hoped for yet but it's not a big deal...

molonlabe

Reaction score
So I bought my Rebel w/eTorque two weeks ago, wonder if I can get this back somehow.... darn. 310 miles still only getting 13mpg city. Just figured out your seat belt has to be on to have the auto start/stop work...

This seems to be a common complaint among eTorque takers. After watching the video with the engineer or project manager describing all the things the system does, I can't help but think they have a bug in it where it is pulling power from the engine at times when it isn't supposed to.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anybody know if eTorque Hemis are still not a build option? I know that at some point they were restricted, supposedly due to "supplier issues" or something like that. All the new trucks rolling onto dealer lots seem to be the regular Hemis.

If new Hemi eTorques are still not being built, could it be at this point that the "supplier issues" are really design flaws in the system? We have had a few reports recently of the eTorque battery packs needing to be completely replaced. Could it be the battery packs are the issue holding everything up?

I also find it curious that Ram would suddenly offer a $500 eTorque rebate. Is this because the eTorque is not selling? Or because they want to get them off the lots and into customers hands before everybody figures out the systems have issues and nobody will purchase them? You would think if eTorque trucks were in short supply they wouldn't need a rebate, unless they are indeed not seling...

I was just about to pull the trigger on a new eTorque truck due to the additional $500 rebate but then I read more threads about batteries failing, and it made me really start to wonder what's up.

Tin-foil hats on, and GO!
Save yourself the headaches. Dont buy etorque. The geniuses at FCA are still trying to figure out my issue. Waiting on a battery swap going into week 3 with truck at dealer. I think they are using the swap one part at a time and see what happens approach. It sucks. They obviously dont kniw what they are doing and released it without perfecting it.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Congratulations on your new Truck! You will like the E-torque not had first issue with it, works great. It seems to get better and better all the way to 5500 miles so far! At First it took some to get used to,

Users who are viewing this thread