5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque Conspiracy Theories!!!

Zinger

Reaction score
Does anybody know if eTorque Hemis are still not a build option? I know that at some point they were restricted, supposedly due to "supplier issues" or something like that. All the new trucks rolling onto dealer lots seem to be the regular Hemis.

If new Hemi eTorques are still not being built, could it be at this point that the "supplier issues" are really design flaws in the system? We have had a few reports recently of the eTorque battery packs needing to be completely replaced. Could it be the battery packs are the issue holding everything up?

I also find it curious that Ram would suddenly offer a $500 eTorque rebate. Is this because the eTorque is not selling? Or because they want to get them off the lots and into customers hands before everybody figures out the systems have issues and nobody will purchase them? You would think if eTorque trucks were in short supply they wouldn't need a rebate, unless they are indeed not seling...

I was just about to pull the trigger on a new eTorque truck due to the additional $500 rebate but then I read more threads about batteries failing, and it made me really start to wonder what's up.

Tin-foil hats on, and GO!

Bram2019

Reaction score
Does anybody know if eTorque Hemis are still not a build option? I know that at some point they were restricted, supposedly due to "supplier issues" or something like that. All the new trucks rolling onto dealer lots seem to be the regular Hemis.

If new Hemi eTorques are still not being built, could it be at this point that the "supplier issues" are really design flaws in the system? We have had a few reports recently of the eTorque battery packs needing to be completely replaced. Could it be the battery packs are the issue holding everything up?

I also find it curious that Ram would suddenly offer a $500 eTorque rebate. Is this because the eTorque is not selling? Or because they want to get them off the lots and into customers hands before everybody figures out the systems have issues and nobody will purchase them? You would think if eTorque trucks were in short supply they wouldn't need a rebate, unless they are indeed not seling...

I was just about to pull the trigger on a new eTorque truck due to the additional $500 rebate but then I read more threads about batteries failing, and it made me really start to wonder what's up.

Where did you read about eTorque rebate. I have an eTorque on order. Want to make sure I get the additional rebate

Zinger

Reaction score
Where did you read about eTorque rebate. I have an eTorque on order. Want to make sure I get the additional rebate

It's up on the ramtrucks.com rebates section. It may be model or region specific, but it showed up for me in SE PA. It's only until 11/26, so really weird in that it is only being offered for about 4 days.

Bram2019

Reaction score
It's up on the ramtrucks.com rebates section. It may be model or region specific, but it showed up for me in SE PA. It's only until 11/26, so really weird in that it is only being offered for about 4 days.
I just went there and saw that. Like you said, only until 11-26. Hoping it gets extended. There was no mention of it anywhere in local ads. You wonder what the market strategy is from FCA to do a 4 day rebate. I would guess they are trying to pump up sales of eTorque. The price differential made me think twice before ordering it. Probably made a mistake, but if I can get that extra $500, assuming it get extended, I will feel better about it.

stevetom84

Reaction score
............... I have it on good inside information (from Elvis) that this program supervisor, is the same person that was responsible for the Trailer Tow program. (The charge more to take things off guy). ;)

I absolutely hate the tow group debacle (probably much less than those that were victims of that whole mess). Nearly every single Limited within 150 miles of me has the stupid tow group or is missing the level 1 equipment group. I finally ended up just ordering exactly what I needed (eliminated some wants to keep costs down).

Mike67

Reaction score
Etorque is orderable, but per the msrp thread, they became orderable again on 11/1, but wont start producing until next year.
I have one order, hope rhe rebate stays around.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How many of the standard Hemi trucks had bad alternators? :unsure:

There are plenty of eTorque trucks out there. I wouldn't freak out that a couple of issues have been reported.

There were reports of unavailability of parts from their component suppliers. I have to wonder if FCA was fully prepared for the demand for the new 1500? If non-RAM fans are buying them (namely me), then who knows?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There were reports of unavailability of parts from their component suppliers. I have to wonder if FCA was fully prepared for the demand for the new 1500? If non-RAM fans are buying them (namely me), then who knows?
Ram has said numerous times...the eTorque sold at a much higher take rate than expected...and that was before they really started to sell

Old Ray

Reaction score
I absolutely hate the tow group debacle (probably much less than those that were victims of that whole mess). Nearly every single Limited within 150 miles of me has the stupid tow group or is missing the level 1 equipment group. I finally ended up just ordering exactly what I needed (eliminated some wants to keep costs down).

As a victim, you have no idea of the resentment that I feel.

In a misdirected solution (as usual) I put my money (kind of) were my mouth was. I contacted a dealer to give me a quote on trading in on the exact same truck but without the Tow package. I found out two things;

One, and I am not sure that I believe this or not, after all it was coming from a dealer, but the Dealers on their initial stock inventory orders had NO preliminary information in regards to the contents of various packages. That would explain (maybe) why so many early orders had the tow mirrors thus getting the dealers off the hook as they assumed common sense might prevail just like us ? But the same sales manager also asked me what a BUG was.

Two, the mirror fix by trade in will cost $ 10,000.00 Canadian! Fold a lot of mirrors for that, huh?

Zinger

Reaction score
Ram has said numerous times...the eTorque sold at a much higher take rate than expected...and that was before they really started to sell

Then why rebate them if they are in high demand and exceeding selling expectations? The last thing you would discount is what is in demand. I'd expect to see a tow package rebate before an eTorque rebate...

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My guess is that the option is expensive. I was looking for a non-eTorque model, but couldn't find one in inventory. My needs drove me to getting the eTorque rather than trying to wait, but an extra $500 off would have made the decision a little easier.

RenoRam

Reaction score
If you are inclined to have the eTorque option, $500 in a rebate is nice to receive but with the overall price if these Rams, it is small potatoes in the overall picture. BTW, loving how the eTorque works so far. Just my opinion here.

stevetom84

Reaction score
As a victim, you have no idea of the resentment that I feel.

In a misdirected solution (as usual) I put my money (kind of) were my mouth was. I contacted a dealer to give me a quote on trading in on the exact same truck but without the Tow package. I found out two things;

One, and I am not sure that I believe this or not, after all it was coming from a dealer, but the Dealers on their initial stock inventory orders had NO preliminary information in regards to the contents of various packages. That would explain (maybe) why so many early orders had the tow mirrors thus getting the dealers off the hook as they assumed common sense might prevail just like us ? But the same sales manager also asked me what a BUG was.

Two, the mirror fix by trade in will cost $ 10,000.00 Canadian! Fold a lot of mirrors for that, huh?

Ouch, that hurts. I was about to pull the trigger on a limited with the tow package until I started looking closely at the window sticker and noticed the loss of power folding and surround view camera. Then came here and found out how big of a debacle it was

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Then why rebate them if they are in high demand and exceeding selling expectations? The last thing you would discount is what is in demand. I'd expect to see a tow package rebate before an eTorque rebate...
Because alot of people were taken off from the increase in price and the ones on dealer lots are sitting.

I don't really know...why did they discount bighorns so much and offer such great lease deals, even though they were selling.

stevetom84

Reaction score
Because alot of people were taken off from the increase in price and the ones on dealer lots are sitting.

I don't really know...why did they discount bighorns so much and offer such great lease deals, even though they were selling.

There are also a lot of eTorques out there with the god awful tow package that aren't moving off the lots. Personally, I wouldn't try to read to much into rebates signaling anything positive or negative.

Last edited:

William Them

Reaction score

It opened up on November 1, 2019. I ordered one on that date.

lasstss

Reaction score

Is there a link for this. I went on the site no 'rebate' section?

stevetom84

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online