5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque Approval (Awaiting Customers)

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
I think it's time we all really get down to the true of the matter. Its power in numbers, its time we all email the FCA and EPA for answers. This blind leading the blind is over we need to demand answers. I'll update email address asap. Come on eTorque crew and board this train, look like that's our only source for movement. I'm tired of all the internet traffic stops, let's set it on the railroad tracks and lay on the horn. I believe we can get some attention since we are being ignored if anyone has access to the media please help us to go live.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it's time we all really get down to the true of the matter. Its power in numbers, its time we all email the FCA and EPA for answers. This blind leading the blind is over we need to demand answers. I'll update email address asap. Come on eTorque crew and board this train, look like that's our only source for movement. I'm tired of all the internet traffic stops, let's set it on the railroad tracks and lay on the horn. I believe we can get some attention since we are being ignored if anyone has access to the media please help us to go live.
I thought some of the e-torque buyers are in KZ status?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This was provided in another thread...

http://www.autoverdict.com/reviews/first-drive-2019-ram-1500-closes-the-gap/

"Recent reports of delayed deliveries of the eTorque 48-volt mild-hybrid V6 and V8 models were actually always in the plan, according to Ram spokesman Dave Elshoff. V8-powered eTorque mild hybrids are in production as of today, Elshoff said, and should ship to dealers by the end of July."

This article was published June 23rd.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
This was provided in another thread...

http://www.autoverdict.com/reviews/first-drive-2019-ram-1500-closes-the-gap/

"Recent reports of delayed deliveries of the eTorque 48-volt mild-hybrid V6 and V8 models were actually always in the plan, according to Ram spokesman Dave Elshoff. V8-powered eTorque mild hybrids are in production as of today, Elshoff said, and should ship to dealers by the end of July."

This article was published June 23rd.
So if it was all according to plan, why was the communication so bad? We should have been told the truth from the beginning. Where are the EPA numbers? Has anyone released or seen them? It's all very frustrating and FCA needs to improve this process in the future.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even the Standard Hemi was delayed a bit at launch. The trucks were piling up at the factory waiting on window stickers with the correct gas mileage.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll probably get jumped all over for this, but here it goes. I know the main issue here is communication, and I completely agree that the communication should be better. But in all the release media that I've read from back in January, February, and March state that the eTorque engines weren't going to be available until late summer. The FIRST day of summer was this past Thursday, June 21st. The fact that FCA hasn't had a single eTorque model available during the media drives/reviews/etc. should have made it pretty clear that the system wasn't going to be available right out of the gate.

I know y'all want your trucks, but let's try to put away the pitchforks on the issue. The eTorques were never promised to be available at launch. I'll reiterate that I completely agree that communication needs to be better, but we have word that production of the eTorques has begun. Hopefully we will start to see some news on the system (reviews, EPA numbers, etc.) fairly soon.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll probably get jumped all over for this, but here it goes. I know the main issue here is communication, and I completely agree that the communication should be better. But in all the release media that I've read from back in January, February, and March state that the eTorque engines weren't going to be available until late summer. The FIRST day of summer was this past Thursday, June 21st. The fact that FCA hasn't had a single eTorque model available during the media drives/reviews/etc. should have made it pretty clear that the system wasn't going to be available right out of the gate.

I know y'all want your trucks, but let's try to put away the pitchforks on the issue. The eTorques were never promised to be available at launch. I'll reiterate that I completely agree that communication needs to be better, but we have word that production of the eTorques has begun. Hopefully we will start to see some news on the system (reviews, EPA numbers, etc.) fairly soon.

My problem isn't the wait. I definitely wanted the RamBox and E-Torque (plus Ivory paint) and was willing to wait as long as it took to get it. My problem is with the fact that once they opened the RamBox and E-Torque for ordering they should have been ready to build and ship them. They control when these items can be ordered. If you are not ready, don't open the system up to accept the orders. Seems simple.

On top of that, if Ram Customer service would provide some HONEST communication to it's customers, I think most of us would be understanding.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I am wrong, but don't things from cellphones to movie tickets to trucks and cars all have a preorder time before they are available.

And I know in my line of work we take orders long before we are ready to do them...so we can get everything ready.

I know I am not waiting on a truck...but I don't really see the issue hear other than it sucking to wait.

Sure there have been some issues, but alot of them are because we are much more focused on them.

Just my opinion, and we know what they are like...:p

YardSale

Reaction score
Maybe I am wrong, but don't things from cellphones to movie tickets to trucks and cars all have a preorder time before they are available.

And I know in my line of work we take orders long before we are ready to do them...so we can get everything ready.

I know I am not waiting on a truck...but I don't really see the issue hear other than it sucking to wait.

Sure there have been some issues, but alot of them are because we are much more focused on them.

Well stated DD!!

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score

Yes you are correct but communication is the key to everything. Everybody really just want to know what's going on, thats the true problem. Just tell us the issue and the timeframes of fixing it and stop the lying. Then pretty much everybody would be ok. That's just like your power bill has doubled this month, you call for an explanation and the company says we don't have one.

Kramersp

Reaction score

Movies have release dates. So do cellphones. You preorder and the date they announced is when you see the movie or recieve your phone.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Looks like window stickers are out. 5.7L e-torque 22hwy, 17city 19 combined. Not bad.

Spe1996

Reaction score
For the first time the ram trucks.com is showing a 5.7 e-torque has shipped to a dealership 20 miles from my house. Bighorn, Black appearances package, level 2. Should be a hot truck. Someone will be very lucky!

Vin if you want to look it up is:
1C6SRFFT6KN594366

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the first time the ram trucks.com is showing a 5.7 e-torque has shipped to a dealership 20 miles from my house. Bighorn, Black appearances package, level 2. Should be a hot truck. Someone will be very lucky!

Vin if you want to look it up is:
1C6SRFFT6KN594366

Nothing is showing up in Google...have a link?

Users who are viewing this thread