5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Not Shifting

jamaicanbro1

Reaction score

For the past week I have been experiencing some issues with engine not shifting correctly when going above 60 mph. When I push the accelerator the engine barely goes up and speed and it seems to jerk back. I even floored it and very little response. The truck only has 4300 miles on this 2021 Laramie. Is it the engine going already or transmission. I plan to take to the dealership but wondering if anyone has experienced this.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
May need a flash. But I haven’t seen or heard of this issue yet personally. Interested to see other responses.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, that's not normal. I would think it's a sensor issue as it's acting kind of like limp mode when you floor it and wont accelerate then it goes in and out of that mode. Good luck and keep us posted. I've been in an EcoD since 2015 and have never heard of something like this.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried the gas pedal calibration ?
That is, put the ignition to run with the engine off slowly press the throttle pedal all the way to the floor and back up. Turn truck off and then you can start it up.

jamaicanbro1

Reaction score
Ok so my issue is Tazer DT. I programmed the tires to be 36.10 but this throws thing completely out of whack. It disables parking assist, emergency braking assist and causes this issue with the engine. I contacted customer support and was told they haven't made updates to the 2021 Rams as yet. They are waiting to get a local one in the shop and to return it since they don't have a schedule release date. The max size, where there aren't noticeable issues is 35 inches. Very disappointed in the responses I have received and as much as I would like the other features of this device it will be returned until they actually update to fix the issues.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

For the past week I have been experiencing some issues with engine not shifting correctly when going above 60 mph. When I push the accelerator the engine barely goes up and speed and it seems to jerk back. I even floored it and very little response. The truck only has 4300 miles on this 2021 Laramie. Is it the engine going already or transmission. I plan to take to the dealership but wondering if anyone has experienced this.
Hi @jamaicanbro1, we are sorry to hear about this trouble you are experiencing when shifting into higher gear. If you would like additional support in resolving this concern alongside your dealer, please send us a private message with your VIN. We would be happy to assist you and the dealership in exhausting all available resources to have the concern addressed and resolved.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ok so my issue is Tazer DT. I programmed the tires to be 36.10 but this throws thing completely out of whack. It disables parking assist, emergency braking assist and causes this issue with the engine. I contacted customer support and was told they haven't made updates to the 2021 Rams as yet. They are waiting to get a local one in the shop and to return it since they don't have a schedule release date. The max size, where there aren't noticeable issues is 35 inches. Very disappointed in the responses I have received and as much as I would like the other features of this device it will be returned until they actually update to fix the issues.
Disappointed in what responses???

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score

LOL...

C'mon: engine/transmission issues and you have an aftermarket throttle device that you didn't mention???

Look, I'm all for aftermarket throttle devices. Really. But if you're posting about an issue (like you had), that's a pretty big piece of the puzzle.

Also, you later mention that Tazer DT only goes up to 35" tires and you hint that you may have 36" on yours. (I'm not sure.)

Your initial (and partially subsequent) posts did not mention any of this. The assumption would be that you're running a stock drivetrain. You're not. (Again, modifying the drivetrain is a part of the attraction to this vehicle.)

My point? I'm not making light of your problem. Not at all. I'm just trying to highlight how much essential information was missing.

Glad you got it sorted and it wasn't the truck.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
Yea, if you have anything aftermarket and something goes wrong, very first thing you do is go back to stock to see if problem persists. Also tazer is garbage unless you’re lucky enough to have a good one. So many bugs and issues all over this forum from that thing. If you want a quality product get a real tuner and a real tune from a reputable tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread