5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine died twice now

TX2019Rebel

Reaction score
Has this problem actually been fixed for anyone? I'm getting the same issue, since new. Always when I'm slowing down and nearly stopped (normal, gradual decel, nothing abrupt), and always within 1 mile or so from starting the truck. Just a hunch but I think it might be happening when the transmission in shifting into 1st gear?

The first few times it happened I'd get some kind of crazy alarm bell going off, but now just dies quietly :rolleyes:

Pg1500sport

Reaction score
I had this issue with my 2010 Ram. It was fine for a while then just shut down when braking. Started happening more frequently when the truck was 9 years old. Happened once getting off the highway and good thing on one was in front of me as had a hard time showing down. (37" tires and no power brakes) Had it documented on the dashcam. No dealer or mechanic could find a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread