5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elocker traction control, limited slip (posi?) a bit confused. What does it all mean...

john l.

Reaction score
I believe that every car, not sure about trucks req traction control after 2014, Federal mandate.

In the old days, if you do a burn out and lay a 2- wheeled patch, you had posi. A one wheel wonder meant an open dif and would lay a one wheeled patch.

My nicely outfitted Laramie Longhorn does not have the elocker, so do I still have limited slip? My F150 had the button to lock the diff, never used it.

My assumption is that the elocker is only for heavy towing applications and my truck in 4X4 auto (or high) would use both rear wheels for traction.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You have open, anti spin, and eLocker to choose from. Your window sticker should tell you this.

Plenty of threads on here right now about this subject.

It really boils down to what you want. An open diff will be fine. The anti spin will do better.
The eLocker has to be engaged by the switch. It will disengage at 26mph and engage again when speed goes below 20mph.

Depends on what you want, or in your case what you got.

john l.

Reaction score
You have open, anti spin, and eLocker to choose from. Your window sticker should tell you this.

Plenty of threads on here right now about this subject.

It really boils down to what you want. An open diff will be fine. The anti spin will do better.
The eLocker has to be engaged by the switch. It will disengage at 26mph and engage again when speed goes below 20mph.

Depends on what you want, or in your case what you got.
Thanks for the reply. The only mention on my Monrony is the 3.92 gears. I guess I have open diffs. Must be 3 wheel drive?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Technically, you will be 2 wheel drive, one front and one back. But traction control takes good care of this. If anti spin or eLocker isnt listed then open diff it is.

Users who are viewing this thread