5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electric locking Differential???

Sharpen

Reaction score
Is the Electric locking Differential limited slip when not engaged???...I have had no luck finding an answer to this question.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the Electric locking Differential limited slip when not engaged???...I have had no luck finding an answer to this question.
I have found it to be exactly like my 16's ASLD when not engaged as have many other owners with the locking diff. While it technically an open diff when not locked, I personally have not experienced anything but LSD type behavior from my e-locker. Extremely pleased with the 19's updated diff option for the Rebel and ORP.

Sharpen

Reaction score
Cr$p...She is going to be a slip and slide in the snow...Just what I didn't want!..Owner's manual says not to drive over 20mph locked...I guess I should have done more research before my purchase!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cr$p...She is going to be a slip and slide in the snow...Just what I didn't want!..Owner's manual says not to drive over 20mph locked...I guess I should have done more research before my purchase!
Don’t forget that you also have brake-assisted traction control. And I don’t see your truck’s configuration in your signature, but many of us also have the auto 4WD option.

Clayssport

Reaction score
Complete open diff when elock not engaged. Brake assisted traction control when diff is open.. looks very funny when trying to do a burn out. LSD and brake assisted traction are very different, Limited slip will engage when slip is detected at any speed. E locker will only lock up under 30km/hr. This reason alone is why i skipped on the rebel.. they should give us the choice.

Users who are viewing this thread