5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ECO mode, fuel saving mode not working

Redfour5

Reaction score
About 800 miles now, 6 days of use and I haven't seen the green "ECO" emblem but once. I have it selected in the settings, it's just not coming on. Is it restricted during break-in or something?
On 3.21 rear ended units it comes on a lot less than on 3.92's based upon my personal experience and quite a few posts.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine works when cruising on a flat smooth road with little head/cross wind under 60mph

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bought a used 2021 with 7500mi. Haven't seen the light yet and have driven it about 150mi. Mine has CAI and borla exhaust. Would this effect econ?
WOW! You resurrected a TWO YEAR OLD thread!

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
Mine will stay in eco mode up to 75 mph on flat stretches of hwy with no headwind. Once I get above 75, the eco will still kick in now and then depending on grade. I have the non-etorque Hemi with 3:92 rear end though. I did notice that eco started coming on more often after the first 3000 miles, so it seems to get better after good break-in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread