5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ECO mode, fuel saving mode not working

Atcje

Reaction score
About 800 miles now, 6 days of use and I haven't seen the green "ECO" emblem but once. I have it selected in the settings, it's just not coming on. Is it restricted during break-in or something?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do all trims have this "eco" mode? I have never seen it on my Laramie. Must be for e-torque's only?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not seen my truck say anything about eco

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Do all trims have this "eco" mode? I have never seen it on my Laramie. Must be for e-torque's only?
on my 2013 ram sport - it is a green light says "eco"-left hand side of screen behind staring wheel - it is when the truck is in 4 cylinder mode. some people call it the "light that lets you know when you take your foot of the pedal". if your not looking for it- you wouldn't notice it.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
on my 2013 ram sport - it is a green light says "eco"-left hand side of screen behind staring wheel - it is when the truck is in 4 cylinder mode. some people call it the "light that lets you know when you take your foot of the pedal". if your not looking for it- you wouldn't notice it.
I guess I will have to start looking for it.

dalailama23

Reaction score
you can turn the light notification on or off in your uconnect system. i was about to post a comment on my break-in drive saying how i could almost never get it in eco mode like my 15 and my gas milage suffered

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
Yes. For the the light to come on you have to have it turned on through the unconnect. Mine comes on anytime it’s under light load or coasting. Also note that it won’t come on when you are in tow mode or usimg the gear limit.

dalailama23

Reaction score
About 800 miles now, 6 days of use and I haven't seen the green "ECO" emblem but once. I have it selected in the settings, it's just not coming on. Is it restricted during break-in or something?
Same here ,on my 2015 ,same engine same gears it was always coming on especially when you let off the gas

Spirito2

Reaction score
I have had it come on a couple times in my Laramie but not that often and not always when I'm coasting

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely need to turn it on in Uconnect. Mine comes on somewhat regularity when I'm coast.. Very little when I'm on the pedal.

RT70808

Reaction score
Definitely need to turn it on in Uconnect. Mine comes on somewhat regularity when I'm coast.. Very little when I'm on the pedal.
I see mine very little, I think at 1,200 miles it’s still learning. I wish it would kick in when I idle.

sgk

Reaction score
Eco mode, didn't hear anything about that but I was looking for sport mode. So much to learn on these still..

RT70808

Reaction score
Eco mode, didn't hear anything about that but I was looking for sport mode. So much to learn on these still..
To my knowledge unless someone corrects me, for the 5.7 non eTorque at least;

No paddle shifters like other FCA vehicles, and no sport mode
Eco mode - VVT / cylinder deactivation
Tow / Haul - adjusts shift points to higher rpms to avoid constant downshifts, and disables eco mode
Unless I missed something.....

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And I thought the MDS wasn't meant to be on for quite a while during breakin period. Why would you disable half an engine that is brand new? You want to be in tow/haul for first 500miles to evenly work in the new engine parts, get all those sharp edges down and everything happy.

After long drives, I'll engage tow/haul the last few miles to even out cylinder temps so at shut off the engine is at a constant temp.

Just my paranoia, want this truck to last.

MachoDonut

Reaction score
I don't believe the Eco light necessarily means MDS is active. I think it is just an indicator that you are driving in a fuel efficient manner. I don't think there is any indication as to when MDS is active.

I have less than 200 miles and, after turning the Eco light on in Uconnect, it will come on when coasting or just being light with the pedal.

Atcje

Reaction score
I can't get mine to come on even if I pulled it down the road with a Superduty.

D

Deleted member 85

Tow/Haul is "Truck Sport Mode". It's how I like to drive em.

Users who are viewing this thread