5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT Body Wind Noise (Tea Kettle noise/noise from passenger A pillar interacting with recirculation HVAC mode) (Solved) (Tech)

Mitchell075

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I figured Id make a nice post for anyone chasing this noise from the passenger windshield/A pillar area, I've been a Mopar Tech for the last 7 years and am sharing my findings and will post results as we go, second time with dash out, the air inlet seals did not work as i figured. In the pictures attached you will see the area I am getting air through my firewall and making a whistling noise, and it can be manipulated with the HVAC recirc mode door to allow air to travel into the cabin instead of push through the unsealed area.
You can see with the images below, without light no noticeable leak, with light there is three little dots in the very last picture, this is the common area to find the leak. It was also verified using soapy water and compressed air to simulate driving. Spray the inside with soapy water and blow compressed air into the corners of the air inlet/A pillar sealing areas.

Attachments

• Area Behind Foam, Passenger Side near air inlet.jpg
    Area Behind Foam, Passenger Side near air inlet.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Area With foam.jpg
    Area With foam.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Passenger side.jpg
    Passenger side.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Suspect No Light.jpg
    Suspect No Light.jpg