5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver's seat is brutal!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had the same issue, though my pain started at about 30 minutes. It was painful enough that for a moment, I even thought about trading the Rebel in. Luckily I found a fix for me, which was to adjust the seat until I found the right combo of adjustments.

We have the same seats, my pain was in my lower back. The fix was to adjust the seat back forward slightly more than normal and to tilt the seat bottom higher on the front. Kinda like a "C" shape, while adjusting the lower lumber to the highest setting.

Now no back paint even after several hours of driving. What's interesting, this seating configuration is actually similar to my other vehicles, which are low slung sports cars with similar "C" shaped seating, forward seatback and forward seat bottom tilt, which I don't typically feel any pain either, figures it would work on my truck.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
My seats are fine. There are a lot of custom settings on the electric seat to match my comfort.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Same problem as op. After around 30-40 minutes I end up wedging myself right at an angle so my body doesn't touch the bottom left side. The damn thing looks like it was built for someone that weighs like 100lbs. There's no flex and I'm hoping it eventually softens up because it's at 60 degree angle, and doesn't compress when weight is on it.

I'm 5'7 210 lbs for reference.
I seat with the seat raised all the way up. The front I had down but I found bringing it up helped my left leg but it's still not good (back is fine its just my left leg). I don't have any physical problems or anything like that so it's not me.

The seats do look fantastic at a distance though!

Fatherof3

Reaction score
I’m 6’2” 250# and I find my Rebel seats to be extremely comfortable . It’s one of the first vehicles I don’t need to stop and stretch after an hour or two . There’s so many combinations you can do to find a good fit for you . Between the power seat , lumbar support , power pedals and tilt / telescoping steering wheel .

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I feel like anyone should be able to adjust the seat/steering wheel/pedals to be comfortable. There's endless combinations to that effect. I have a really bad back and sciatica and i'm really comfortable 5'10" and 210lb.

I have the pedals all the way out (toward the firewall), steering wheel all the way down, and telescoped out. The front of the seat is almost all the way up to support my knees, and just fine tuned the rest to my comfort level.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m 6’1” and at 185. I find myself moving around a lot in the seat. Trying to get comfy. I also get the uncomfortable feeling in my left leg. Funny only car I have this issue in. Some days are worse then others.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the folks that are uncomfortable, wonder if we can triangulate on whether there are any common threads? Ram offers lots of seat options.

So for the brutally uncomfortable….

1) What trim (Rebel, Big Horn, etc.)

2) Is yours equipped with the Level 1, A, 2, B, and/or Comfort & Convenience Package?
(Eg Depending on trim these bring additional seat adjustments)

3) General description of seat (leather, vinyl, cloth etc).

All we can tell so far is some people are comfortable in their seats and some are not.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
6’3” 230 my Rebel leather seats are great. My kids complain about the rear seats being too hard however.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Limited

2) Is yours equipped with the Level 1, A, 2, B, and/or Comfort & Convenience Package?
Has everything

Leather, 5 seater.

4) Comfortable for prolonged periods or problem?
No. Left leg pain after 30 minutes or so

5) Size of person
5'7 210lbs

6) Config of seat?
Power pedals all the way back to firewall
Seat at highest level, front of seat level with rear.
Very minor lumbar adjustment back at near lowest setting

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
For the folks that are uncomfortable, wonder if we can triangulate on whether there are any common threads? Ram offers lots of seat options.

So for the brutally uncomfortable….

All we can tell so far is some people are comfortable in their seats and some are not.
You should add number (4) Height and weight of the driver. Some body types might not be compatible with the seats. The OP complains of narrow seat bottoms and stiff bolsters at 5' 10" and 230lbs. I'm the same height but 180lbs and I am swimming between the bolsters and the seats are very comfortable to me.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
The Leather seats in my ‘22 Rebel are more comfortable than the cloth seats in my ‘15 Big Horn.

That includes the fact that I’m recovering from a broken arm and cannot use the center console for support.

Than again, I’m only 6’/195

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
You should add number (4) Height and weight of the driver. Some body types might not be compatible with the seats. The OP complains of narrow seat bottoms and stiff bolsters at 5' 10" and 230lbs. I'm the same height but 180lbs and I am swimming between the bolsters and the seats are very comfortable to me.
True. A very wide bodied individual may have the bolsters digging into their sides/back/legs. I'm not as skinny as I used to be, but I am not having this problem at 210lb

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
6) Config of seat?
Power pedals all the way back to firewall
Seat at highest level, front of seat level with rear.
Very minor lumbar adjustment back at near lowest setting
Just for testing purposes. Try lowering the back of the seat all the way down. Then adjust front of seat up and down until you find a comfort level. Will probably have to readjust the seat back tilt a little as well. If my sest bottom is flat, there is no support for my legs and causes un-needed pressure from the weight on my foot instead of the seat.

petersandler

Reaction score
Have you thought about taking it to a custom auto upholstery shop and having them remake a custom seat for you? It's cheaper than selling the truck and replacing it with something else.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Funny how the mind works. This thread must have planted the seed because my left thigh, hip started to experience pain after 20-30 minutes or so.

I could feel a hard lump in that area of the bottom bolster, much harder than the surrounding foam. I took the seat bottom partially apart and found the offending piece of foam. It is very hard, takes a lot of effort to compress, rests on the set frame above the controls, may or may not have been installed incorrectly or the cut out it sits in isn't properly formed. At any rate I plan to reshape and re-install this piece or throw it away and put in softer memory foam. I sat in the seat without the piece and it seemed fine without it
20220524_113131~2.jpg
20220524_113438.jpg
20220524_113446.jpg

RebeLylea

Reaction score
That's exactly where mine is. Aside from the eerie thing bent relatively stiff, that baseball sized lump right there is certainly not helping anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Reaction score
I have taken all my vehicles to an auto upholstery shop and had then trim down the bottom side bolsters. I like a flatter seat.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I ran my finger over my bolsters and the softness is consistent throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread