5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver's seat is brutal!

jkschnoo

Reaction score
Thanks. With regards to the seat sizes, does anyone know if they are different between trims? Would a limited seat possibly be bigger than the Rebel? I feel like so many of the uncomfortable seat posts that I see for Ram are the Rebel trim. Pretty bummed I got rid of my old 2015 express that was so comfy. Haddddd to have a new one and nicer trim

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks. With regards to the seat sizes, does anyone know if they are different between trims? Would a limited seat possibly be bigger than the Rebel? I feel like so many of the uncomfortable seat posts that I see for Ram are the Rebel trim. Pretty bummed I got rid of my old 2015 express that was so comfy. Haddddd to have a new one and nicer trim

Other than the differences in materials, the bolstering might be different. I haven't driven a Rebel in a couple of years, but my TRX seats feel the same as my 2021 Laramie seats, other than the material. The TRX seats are leather and the Laramie seats are a mix of leather/pleather, but the bolstering feels the same.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed, my 06 Silvies cloth seats were amazing.
I've never been a fan of all leather seats. They are always harder and not as comfortable. I like the seats in my BTS. Good mix of cloth and faux leather.

Dewey

Reaction score
Having spent a lot of my younger years on vinyl bench seats in vehicles made in the 70’s I would say my RAM seats are pretty darn comfortable. You guys are too soft.😆

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Having spent a lot of my younger years on vinyl bench seats in vehicles made in the 70’s I would say my RAM seats are pretty darn comfortable. You guys are too soft.😆
We are just comparing current vehicles. It's not like I'm trying to compare to my 66 D100 with vinyl bench.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just adding some humor.😆
We all tend to forget how bad things were and how good we actually have it now.
My 97 Expedition had the best cloth seats I have had so far.
The seat didn't even have an adjustable headrest, it was all 1 piece...

SD Rebel

Reaction score
My Rebel seats are beautiful, and now comfortable for me by raising the front.

However, I wonder if being too esthetically pleasing maybe making this more complicated in regards to comfort? Not just for RAM seats, but in many new vehicles today.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

However, I wonder if being too esthetically pleasing maybe making this more complicated in regards to comfort? Not just for RAM seats, but in many new vehicles today.
I'm sure it's got something to do with that. That and cost savings.
How does Ram not come with a factory dead pedal\foot rest?

Dewey

Reaction score

My only complaint is the lumbar support doesn’t expand as far as it should. With messed up discs in my lower back that’s pretty important for long drives but I can easily add something to improvise if needed. Yes I’m getting soft too in my older age.😖

Idahoktm

Reaction score
My only complaint is the lumbar support doesn’t expand as far as it should. With messed up discs in my lower back that’s pretty important for long drives but I can easily add something to improvise if needed. Yes I’m getting soft too in my older age.😖

I am completely the opposite. After 4 lumbar spine surgeries, I can't tolerate any additional lumbar support. Actually, after I dicked up my L4-L5 disc, I couldn't tolerate any lumbar support.

Dewey

Reaction score
I am completely the opposite. After 4 lumbar spine surgeries, I can't tolerate any additional lumbar support. Actually, after I dicked up my L4-L5 disc, I couldn't tolerate any lumbar support.
They need a wider range of adjustability for us invalids😑

When I drove Silverado’s they adjusted way more.

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
My Silverado's cloth seats in my 2018 were a million times more conferrable then my 22 Limited.
I’m talking about the 2019+. Worst. Seats. Ever. Just terrible. I almost took a huge loss and sold my Silverado lease just because I hated them so much.

6of36

Reaction score
I’m talking about the 2019+. Worst. Seats. Ever. Just terrible. I almost took a huge loss and sold my Silverado lease just because I hated them so much.
My dad had a Silverado in the early 90s. Milk crates would have been more comfortable. The backs were a straight 90, if not actually leaning forward, and were like sitting on plywood. Do you guys complaining not have power seats? You need the front higher than it goes?

Users who are viewing this thread