5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver side speakers not working for music, but DO work for phone calls?

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Well the good news is I finally got my truck back yesterday. They ended up replacing the radio, and thanks to Ram Cares opening up an escalated case on my behalf they covered it under warranty. I asked the dealer's service guy if he had any insight as to what specifically was wrong with my radio head unit, and he said that they weren't sure, that they aren't allowed to open them up, they just have to send it back off to Uconnect. So no info there unfortunately. My advice to anyone else with this issue (or a similar one) is to take it to the dealer and have Ram Cares here get you a case #. It took some major patience on my part but they did right by be as far as giving me a loaner for 2 weeks and covering the whole $1500+ ordeal under waranty. I'll keep an eye on this thread if anyone has any questions about my experience, though it was relatively straight forward, just really drawn out.
That's great to hear, man. I'm glad they ended up taking care of you.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well the good news is I finally got my truck back yesterday. They ended up replacing the radio, and thanks to Ram Cares opening up an escalated case on my behalf they covered it under warranty. I asked the dealer's service guy if he had any insight as to what specifically was wrong with my radio head unit, and he said that they weren't sure, that they aren't allowed to open them up, they just have to send it back off to Uconnect. So no info there unfortunately. My advice to anyone else with this issue (or a similar one) is to take it to the dealer and have Ram Cares here get you a case #. It took some major patience on my part but they did right by me as far as giving me a loaner for 2 weeks and covering the whole $1500+ ordeal under waranty. I'll keep an eye on this thread if anyone has any questions about my experience, though it was relatively straight forward, just really drawn out.

I'm so happy to hear this!

Alison
RamCares

Wreckingball52

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares
Just purchased my 2021 Limited longhorn with the 8.4 Uconnect and alpine 9.1 - with about 100 miles it started acting up. I’m up to about 1200 miles now, dealer still hasn’t been able to see me. finally have an appointment in 10 days. It seems like there is a common issue here. Hopefully the dealer can resolve this in a timely manner.

Wreckingball52

Reaction score
@RamCares after four trips to the dealership. My 2021 Ram 1500 limited longhorn still has issues with the driver side speakers. First they “update” the radio, doesn’t do anything at all. Finally they replaced the radio, and still has an issue. This is insanity.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @Wreckingball52,

We would like to look into this matter on your behalf. Please send us a private message with your vehicle's mileage as well as a brief history of the above vehicle concern to get started. We hope to hear back soon!

Hannah
Ram Cares

Repsol69

Reaction score
Hi friends, I had a thread a little while ago about my driver side speakers not working in my 2019 Laramie with the 9 speaker alpine system. I took it to my local audio shop who told me it was probably the amp going out, so I spent $230 to get the exact same Mopar part number amp, and of course it didnt fix it. And of course I cant return it because "no returns whatsoever on electrical components."
Fair enough.
Today, I was on a bluetooth phone call and I realized suddenly that all of my speakers were working during the call! I was excited, but of course when the call ended the music still wouldn't work for it.
I know deep down that at this point I should probably just give in and take it to the dealership, but I would bet money that, because it is a couple thousand miles out of warranty, they are going to just tell me that I need a new head unit, and those are like $800 for the 8.4. I guess I was just hoping to exhaust all other possibilities and see if you all had any ideas on fixes or what might be going wrong before I give in.
I'm going through the same exact thing now with my radio...hope RamCares can help me out also...

famecity

Reaction score
I have a 22 and mine just started doing this. Drivers side randomly goes in and out. Seems to only do it when using Carplay. Have they come up with a fix yet or do I have to take to dealer for radio replacement?

BurickRN

Reaction score
I have a 22 and mine just started doing this. Drivers side randomly goes in and out. Seems to only do it when using Carplay. Have they come up with a fix yet or do I have to take to dealer for radio replacement?
I’m having the same problem with my 2022 when using carplay and spotify! Have you found a solution? I’ve yet to try the volume up/down fix someone suggested earlier.

rcrayj

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited with the 12” screen and I am having the same issue. My drivers side speakers are cutting in and out. It doesn’t matter if I am using CarPlay or terrestrial radio. Any help would be appreciated!

John89

Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine today, no audio on the entire left side of vehicle. Checked the fader and nothing. 2024 Rebel with 12 inch Uconnect and HK audio system. Completely unacceptable for a $76k truck.

mwlapa

Reaction score
Same problem. 2022 TRX.
Figured it out. Was running tune in radio on CarPlay. When I exited out of that app all speakers worked. Obviously some incompatibility with CarPlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dskurz

Reaction score
This just started happening to me. Granted I just got a new phone so not sure if related to that. Guess I will see if it persists if it does I will be heading to the dealer. It's bad enough I have to occasionally reset the unit by pressing in the power button for 10 seconds when my toogle buttons stop working, now I lost my driver side speakers.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Following with interest.
Getting ready to get a new Android phone.
If I run into glitches, is it on ram to make it work?

Users who are viewing this thread