5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dreaded hvac whistle

stevenram

Reaction score
Unfortunately got the dreaded whistle coming from the right side dash when the auto climate control is in recirculating mode on the highway. It goes away when the hvac is in outside air mode which leads me to believe it’s flap related.

All the dealerships in my area have been very problematic and love to pull a “could not reproduce” so I was wondering if anyone knew of a fix?

Synergy26

Reaction score
I have the same issue and they haven't been able to fix it. It's like there is pressure pushing air in or maybe even more like a vacuum in that area causing a whistle the faster I go the louder it gets. When the door opens there is a loud rush of air that enters the vehicle If I turn the recirc door on and then off it opens the door and the noise goes away. Drives crazy I am thinking about trading it in or selling it due to this issue. On quiet morning its very annoying.

stevenram

Reaction score
I gave up and tried to disconnect the door actuator but the thing is buried in the dash. I’m afraid to have a tech tear out the entire dash looking for the source.

MTLRAM19

Reaction score
Just got mine back from the dealership for multiple issues and this was one Of them. They had to replace damper actuator, problem resolved.

RamLink83

Reaction score
Mine seems to have a slight whistle noise that changes with speed. I think it really only does it when the AC is on. I'm guessing they have to tear the dash apart to replace the damper actuator?

Duran

Reaction score
Glad im not the only one just sta4ted to notice it while going bout 70 down the highway.
Is there a fix

stevenram

Reaction score
To follow up on this, the dealer tried to replace the windshield twice but it didn’t fix it. I knew it was the cowl under the hood since putting tape over it made the whistle go away. The dealer verified it was the cowl but I had the vehicle lemon lawed before they got to it.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To follow up on this, the dealer tried to replace the windshield twice but it didn’t fix it. I knew it was the cowl under the hood since putting tape over it made the whistle go away. The dealer verified it was the cowl but I had the vehicle lemon lawed before they got to it.
Do you end up coming out ahead financially by the end of the lemon law issue? I have a 21 trading in for a 22 on order & nervous to hear of a lot of issues that fortunately I’ve not had to experience. I have 57k on my 2021 already 😳

stevenram

Reaction score
Do you end up coming out ahead financially by the end of the lemon law issue? I have a 21 trading in for a 22 on order & nervous to hear of a lot of issues that fortunately I’ve not had to experience. I have 57k on my 2021 already 😳
Unfortunately I signed an NDA so I can’t saw what the refund was. I absolutely had no hard feelings when it was all said and done 😉. I purchased a 22 and love it. Seems like a completely different truck than the 21 lemon.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately I signed an NDA so I can’t saw what the refund was. I absolutely had no hard feelings when it was all said and done 😉. I purchased a 22 and love it. Seems like a completely different truck than the 21 lemon.
Wonderful to hear, thanks!! Hopefully the dealer didn’t make it a frustrating process for you to get there.

Jaylon35

Reaction score
They replaced the recirculation housing and it WORKS! I feel like I am driving my truck properly for the first time.
Part Number Housing A 24028025

RamLink83

Reaction score
They replaced the recirculation housing and it WORKS! I feel like I am driving my truck properly for the first time.
Part Number Housing A 24028025
Glad yours was fixed. Do you know if that requires the dash to be pulled apart? I'm guessing it doe.

Users who are viewing this thread