5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Down Payments

jamorton

Reaction score
I gave a dealer $500 to order a truck. A few days later I found a dealer who gave me a much better deal so I ordered another.

I let the first dealer know I no longer needed the truck. It was never mentioned whether or not the $500 was refundable. I have asked for it back but they refuse to answer me. Voicemails, text messages, emails and all I’ve received is “you’ll have to call my manager”. Even the manager has been unresponsive.

I understand why they’d want to keep it but confused as to why they haven’t just told me no.

I know I’m not the only one to order multiple trucks based on the other threads I’ve read but what has been your experience in getting any down payment back? Trying to figure out if I should keep bugging them.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might wanna check your paperwork and make sure it was a refundable deposit if not then you may have to take that $500 L.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jamorton

Reaction score
I’m willing to eat the $500 if I have to, the new deal saved me way more than that. However if I can get the $500 back also, then win/win. There’s really no paperwork to speak of. Just a config preview sheet and receipt from my CC payment.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I gave a dealer $500 to order a truck. A few days later I found a dealer who gave me a much better deal so I ordered another.

I let the first dealer know I no longer needed the truck. It was never mentioned whether or not the $500 was refundable. I have asked for it back but they refuse to answer me. Voicemails, text messages, emails and all I’ve received is “you’ll have to call my manager”. Even the manager has been unresponsive.

I understand why they’d want to keep it but confused as to why they haven’t just told me no.

I know I’m not the only one to order multiple trucks based on the other threads I’ve read but what has been your experience in getting any down payment back? Trying to figure out if I should keep bugging them.

I personally have taken an L with the 500 deposit. But I saved so much money switching dealers it didn’t bother me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I’m willing to eat the $500 if I have to, the new deal saved me way more than that. However if I can get the $500 back also, then win/win. There’s really no paperwork to speak of. Just a config preview sheet and receipt from my CC payment.
go there and ask in person and keep asking for the next higher level manager

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You could always dispute the charge with your CC company if they won't give it back. It should say "non refundable deposit" in print somewhere on the paperwork or receipt if it's not refundable.

Kovy23

Reaction score
When I ordered mine, my salesman made it clear that the $500 was non-refundable. I'd imagine that's consistent across the board, but a ****ty business to not even answer

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You could always dispute the charge with your CC company if they won't give it back. It should say "non refundable deposit" in print somewhere on the paperwork or receipt if it's not refundable.
Bingo. I know ihave Capital One and they don't play with vendors. I had an auto parts place I ordered from online that was unresponsive. I used PayPal but with my card. While PP wanted to sit on it another month before doing anything, Capital One gave me an immediate credit and got the charge reversed.

If it isn't in writing, it never happened.

slatersan

Reaction score
Instant dispute of the CC charge if they are not answering you. Make them jump throug hoops with the CC company to justify the charge or reverse it.

Camelot

Reaction score
What state are you in? In some states its the law that they have to pay that money back. Check your state laws, might be helpful, or tell you its no reason to pursue it.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my $500 deposit back when I didn't take delivery of an order late summer. Dealer played games on price once the truck arrived, so I walked. They did promptly refund the deposit. I made sure before ordering to get in writing (email) that the deposit was refundable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/