5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door Handle Bracket Removal

cstans

Reaction score
My 21' 1500 Limited was parked a tad too close to my 5th wheel and I snapped the rear left door handle off.

I read some posts on here helping me figure out how to remove the handle. Also found youtube videos for how to remove the outer sweep/panel. I still can't get to that handle bracket inside the door though!

Question: Anybody on here know the trick for removing the inner panel? It seems to be stuck due to the window / window regulator and the locking door hatch. Do I need to detach the window regulator from the panel or the window from the window regulator? And how?

Edit: Adding emphasis that I already got the handle removed (super easy) -- I need the bracket behind it removed as well!
--
Here is the parts page/diagram I have been studdying (I need to access part #6):

--
Bonus (Color Matching): I found two left door handles with my color code (PSC) in the 7th and 8th index of the serial code. Using some intuition, I think that the prefix -- 6CV441 -- may be the indicator that it is the chrome version where as -- 6DF95 -- may be the solid paint. Mopar is horrible about leaving clues to this but I was able to find an image of the chrome version with a different color code here.

1687271721853.png

Last edited:

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 21' 1500 Limited was parked a tad too close to my 5th wheel and I snapped the rear left door handle off.

I read some posts on here helping me figure out how to remove the handle. Also found youtube videos for how to remove the outer sweep/panel. I still can't get to that handle bracket inside the door though!

Question: Anybody on here know the trick for removing the inner panel? It seems to be stuck due to the window / window regulator and the locking door hatch. Do I need to detach the window regulator from the panel or the window from the window regulator? And how?
--
Here is the parts page/diagram I have been studdying:

--
Bonus (Color Matching): I found two left door handles with my color code (PSC) in the 7th and 8th index of the serial code. Using some intuition, I think that the prefix -- 6CV441 -- may be the indicator that it is the chrome version where as -- 6DF95 -- may be the solid paint. Mopar is horrible about leaving clues to this but I was able to find an image of the chrome version with a different color code here.

View attachment 161169
You don't have to remove anything inside the door. The handle is replaced in 30 sec. from the outside. Watch tis video.

cstans

Reaction score
You don't have to remove anything inside the door. The handle is replaced in 30 sec. from the outside. Watch tis video.

Hi Manny, thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I think you either didn't read my entire question or you misunderstood it.

I stated in my post that I need to get the handle bracket removed. This is the bracket behind the handle. I'm referring to part #6 in this diagram:

1687280808798.png

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, @MannyN -- any insight on the color matching question?
Have a read in this thread. It shows you how to remove the inner panel to get to the bracket. In post #7, you can see the door handle number by color and style.

cstans

Reaction score
Have a read in this thread. It shows you how to remove the inner panel to get to the bracket. In post #7, you can see the door handle number by color and style.

This is outstanding. All of the information i was looking for. Thanks a ton Manny!

cstans

Reaction score
In the rare case that someone else experiences an excessive amount of downwards force on their 5th gen door handle... you may anticipate this to be the break point as it is not very strong plastic.

The below image points to two points that are connected by a 90 degree piece of plastic which allows your outside handle to lever against the door cable. I think that replacing part #6 from the diagram will do the trick.

Thanks again @MannyN for your superior ability to navigate these forums and get me the info i needed!
1687455543565.png

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the rare case that someone else experiences an excessive amount of downwards force on their 5th gen door handle... you may anticipate this to be the break point as it is not very strong plastic.

The below image points to two points that are connected by a 90 degree piece of plastic which allows your outside handle to lever against the door cable. I think that replacing part #6 from the diagram will do the trick.

Thanks again @MannyN for your superior ability to navigate these forums and get me the info i needed!
View attachment 161302
No problem, good luck with the repair. (y)

RamTruck1500

Reaction score

This doesn’t work for the 2021 limited 1500. I need to replace my rear door handle but don’t know how to do it. I’m hoping I don’t have to remove the whole panel.

Truck$-4life

Reaction score

So what handles did u use that are solid? And still give u passive entry

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't have the solid ones, I have the ones with the chrome insert.
My 24 won't have the inserts, which upsets me, because even my 21 Laramie did, and I like them. I saw your post, so searched the parts to replace them. YIKES! $125 each for a plastic handle? $500 for all 4. I will start searching the junk yard.

Users who are viewing this thread