5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dont waste your money

R

Rob5589

Disclaimer: Just read this topic after a poor update on my truck that has been at dealer for almost 2 and a half months now. :cool:
Holy hell! That is completely nuts. If they wouldn't get me a new truck, I'd be tempted to buy something else then let the repo man have the janked one.

Douglas31

Reaction score
Holy hell! That is completely nuts. If they wouldn't get me a new truck, I'd be tempted to buy something else then let the repo man have the janked one.
Yeah, it is completely insane and I am on my 4th case manager and third loaner. Ram has violated every lemon law on this one even after my written notice requesting lemon law replacement which gives them 15 days for final repair and we are way past that.

Tundralag

Reaction score
I cannot believe you would ruin a good ol' fashion dogpile with a measured and mature response. Downright inconsiderate. ;)

While it's just beating a dead horse, now, I am enjoying the witty, sarcastic responses.
<note to self, ensure I am truly done with this forum before I say some whiny, unsubstantiated shiz that will bring the full force of Anonymous' 5THGENRAM Chapter upon me. Its all about the LOLZ for them.>
Well he is from central Pennsylvania. Those guys are so nice. Not like us northern Pennsylvania people

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
See Douglas, you've documented legit issues and have gone thru the proverbial wringer, thats why the forum is supportive of you and the negative feedback.

I could be like the OP and go post on the other truckmakers forums and say the same things and I’d rightfully get flamed as I have: a) no cred and b) not outlined specific issues, attempts to resolve etc...

The OP likely is a 13 yr old who just posts random sh*t...

Douglas31

Reaction score
See Douglas, you've documented legit issues and have gone thru the proverbial wringer, thats why the forum is supportive of you and the negative feedback.

I could be like the OP and go post on the other truckmakers forums and say the same things and I’d rightfully get flamed as I have: a) no cred and b) not outlined specific issues, attempts to resolve etc...

The OP likely is a 13 yr old who just posts random sh*t...
You may be 100% right. But the quickness to instantly jump on ones problems without questions or time for details and given my current situation and the perfect timing of just hanging up the phone with the dealer inevitably struck a nerve. When you are the little man in a struggle with a large company in what seems to be a longevity fight where they hope you just give in is beyond frustrating. Not everyone regularly uses forums and the op may sincerely be trying to express legit frustrations, or maybe not. Trust me, there have been many times over the last couple months where I just wanted to come vent on here but have tried to keep it to a minimum.

James1414d

Reaction score
Bought the 2019 limited 1500 7 months ago. Worst Truck I've ever owned, one recall after another, things breaking or coming apart in the vehicle, GPS stopped working, clunky transmission.. Hard shifting, slips gears, or wont shift at aall causing the engine to dog... I hate driving it.
I regret this purchase, this vehicle is NOT worth the price or the headache.
Now ya tell me!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You may be 100% right. But the quickness to instantly jump on ones problems without questions or time for details and given my current situation and the perfect timing of just hanging up the phone with the dealer inevitably struck a nerve. When you are the little man in a struggle with a large company in what seems to be a longevity fight where they hope you just give in is beyond frustrating. Not everyone regularly uses forums and the op may sincerely be trying to express legit frustrations, or maybe not. Trust me, there have been many times over the last couple months where I just wanted to come vent on here but have tried to keep it to a minimum.
I respect that you haven't flamed the company or the product. Maybe the OP is a real FCA RAM consumer with a real problem...
OP, where are you?
Or is the OP is simply “a problem”?
“Inquiring minds want to know”...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ram92131

Reaction score
Well dang, I didn’t know someone couldn’t come on here and vent in their frustration without being treated so poorly. The way this topic is being treated would be no different if I were to attack everyone who just joined and posted their first post saying they love their new truck and I responded saying I can’t agree because I don’t know everything about your new truck and just wait you are going to have a ton of recalls and problems left to be addressed by likely poor customer service. Or we could make a rule where you can’t speak in a negative manner of Ram so that those without major problems aren’t offended and Ram gets a free pass on those who do have them. I understand a lot of information wasn’t provided but there is no reason to just jump on an opportunity to try and belittle someone. I would say more but I have to go chest bump my buddies for being a forum warrior.

Disclaimer: Just read this topic after a poor update on my truck that has been at dealer for almost 2 and a half months now. :cool:
He posted once this morning and has been on the forum many hours later. Hasn’t responded at all to this thread. Tells you all you need to know. I just wonder whether he’s a garden-variety troll or a paid shill.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is why we have this support group. We understand there are problems, but we are working with our experiences and finding common ground to bring these issues to resolve.

My 2013 Cummins spent way to many days at the dealer, luckily my 99 V10 Magnum never missed a beat. Now my 2015 keeps a big grin on my face.

Believe me, I have had to work on my RAM trucks...but they gave back the love I gave them. Why they are so dear to me.

Lol. Well, they sure do take abuse.

Very frustrating to Buy a new truck and not have it. It is down right ridiculous. But, even ISO9000 (or whatever number it is now) says you only have to check every 10th piece. So usually number 3 and numer 14 are perfect. Number 1 and 9, well not so much.

And sometimes it really is just the dealer and the overall experience that sucks.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
Bought the 2019 limited 1500 7 months ago. Worst Truck I've ever owned, one recall after another, things breaking or coming apart in the vehicle, GPS stopped working, clunky transmission.. Hard shifting, slips gears, or wont shift at aall causing the engine to dog... I hate driving it.
Chrysler/FCA vehicles have always been hit or miss as far as reliability. It sounds like you got a bad one. It might save you some money if you go the Lemon Law route. In many cases, if you don't win, the Lemon Law lawyer won't get paid. If you do, FCA will have to pay him. Then they will buy back the truck and either refund the cost it or they will give you another truck.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the sake of discussion. a very common theme among any forum is issues with a specific vehicle. You just won't find people flocking to forums and posting en mass how great their vehicle is.
Any statistical analyst knows that self-reporting research will produce a far away disproportional amount of negative comments.

Second. Whether valid or invalid, messages like the OP are not intended for any other purpose than to inspire hatred and discourage purchase of the product, especially when never previously heard from.

Third. We all know that individuals who maintain a religious-like allegiance to a brand or product will try to spread false information on a competitive brand or product for the purpose of discouragement and as an outlet for their hatred. This happens routinely in auto forums of all makes and the obvious signs being from a new poster with only a few messages. A telltale is to ask for the VIN.

Fourth. If the OP or anyone else thinks that Ford's the answer, the F-150 sure isn't doing any better than Ram according to Consumer Reports. And the F-150 has had at least one full year into their generation to rectify deficiencies.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 018202 miles.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
Then your credit rating would be trashed.

kevin1914

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. My transmission is terrible for a vehicle with 2k miles and the 12 inch radio has no sound.

I want to trade it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cipherbreak

Reaction score

cool story bruh

Users who are viewing this thread