5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does removing the charcoal filter really do anything?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did mine too. No ill affects. If anything mds kicks in more often.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did mine too. No ill affects. If anything mds kicks in more often.
It will allow the engine to breathe easier, but I doubt that anyone would "feel" anything. In addition, the carbon filter and MDS have NOTHING to do with one another and no correlation at all.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It will allow the engine to breathe easier, but I doubt that anyone would "feel" nothing. In addition, the carbon filter and MDS have NOTHING to do with one another and no correlation at all.
You’re right they have no correlation. It’s just a filter nothing more. I feel nothing different with the engine. Mds frequency was the only thing I noticed.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It will allow the engine to breathe easier, but I doubt that anyone would "feel" nothing. In addition, the carbon filter and MDS have NOTHING to do with one another and no correlation at all.
There's not enough restriction to make any difference in performance. The factory air filter is more restrictive than the charcoal filter everyone is removing.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You could remove that heavy steel bar with a pedal on it that is to the left of the gas pedal. Anyone know what that thing is for?

Users who are viewing this thread