5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Android Auto display full screen?

Humer91

Reaction score
Thinking of switching back to Android for the s22. Wondering does Android auto display full screen on the 2022 12 inch screens with Uconnect 5?

Last edited:

Tomek77

Reaction score
I have 2022 Ram 1500 limited and android auto doesn't display full screen. It's only half screen (actually a bit less then that). I am really disappointed at Ram since android auto allows full screen display (I read) and it's up to the manufacturer to implement it.

jbs45

Reaction score
My wife's iPhone/ apple car play is full screen. My android auto is half screen. I'm giving her this small win for now lol

Dmm5157

Reaction score
My wife's iPhone/ apple car play is full screen. My android auto is half screen. I'm giving her this small win for now lol
Yep, one of the few times I am jealous of my wife and her iPhone. I prefer Android overall but when we ride in the car together, I make her use her iPhone for the console so it's full screen.

RAM needs to get their **** together and enable full screen with Android on Uconnect because it looks and functions so much better as full screen than the split screen garbage. It's annoying.

Gunner115

Reaction score
I believe it's an android auto issue. Apparently they're working on getting it to use the whole display.

omegafiler

Reaction score
Contact RAM and request that they work on this. It'll be up to both auto manufacturers and android to make it happen. I've talked to at least 3 different folks at FCA and they seem to have no idea what I'm talking about. Clearly not enough folks are bugging them about it.

Until they do, I'm sticking with iphone as my daily. Full screen is way too useful. Especially on this narrow vertical display.

SquattingDog

Reaction score
I've upgraded to Android Auto 8.6, which has all the Coolwalk updates. Still only shows up in half screen. This is definitely a Uconnect issue.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've upgraded to Android Auto 8.6, which has all the Coolwalk updates. Still only shows up in half screen. This is definitely a Uconnect issue.
This is definitely NOT a Uconnect issue. iPhone can display in full screen, Android can NOT. This is definitely an Android issue

tkabrick

Reaction score
This is definitely NOT a Uconnect issue. iPhone can display in full screen, Android can NOT. This is definitely an Android issue
It's a Uconnect issue. Uconnect needs to make the changes to UC5 to utilize the now available full screen from Android Auto, just like they made changes to utilize the full screen from Carplay

SquattingDog

Reaction score
Definitely Uconnect's issue. System defaults to a split screen on Android Auto - top half is Android, bottom half is what ever you choose in the Uconnect menu, such as Media, Contacts, etc. There is no way to move from split screen to full screen.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely Uconnect's issue. System defaults to a split screen on Android Auto - top half is Android, bottom half is what ever you choose in the Uconnect menu, such as Media, Contacts, etc. There is no way to move from split screen to full screen.
Sow me one current factory radio in any car that has full screen Android auto

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would love full screen on UConnect 4...

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Kia telluride is just one example of a car whose radio software was already set up for full screen android auto.
Android auto has done their part. Now it’s up to stellantis to update UC5 to accommodate it for full screen. The new UC5 26.17 update might address this since “Android auto improvements” is in the improvements list for that update.
UC4 will probably never get it.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kia telluride is just one example of a car whose radio software was already set up for full screen android auto.
Android auto has done their part. Now it’s up to stellantis to update UC5 to accommodate it for full screen. The new UC5 26.17 update might address this since “Android auto improvements” is in the improvements list for that update.
UC4 will probably never get it.
Of course I buy a truck right before UC5

SquattingDog

Reaction score
Full Screen is the main update to Android Auto 8.6. There are photos all over the internet of this running full screen. It is in some type of developer release right now, but anybody can download and run it. I have it on my phone, and it doesn't work full screen.

Users who are viewing this thread