5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge unveils 2023 Demon

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t get all nostalgic and lament about these cars going away But man, I just have no idea how we’re going to get to full EV penetration in 6 years. 6 years is not much time. That means every new model in the next 2 years has to come out as an EV To get there. Which is why all of these cars are getting killed off but stil….this is moving really fast. there are still millions of people in town houses who can’t plug in their cars at night, HOAs that forbid plugs, every single gas station does not have a charger yet. I just don’t think it’s going to happen so quickly yet all of these cars are just gone. Why not keep making them without new stuff added just to make sure that EV adoption is actually what they’re all projecting?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don’t get all nostalgic and lament about these cars going away But man, I just have no idea how we’re going to get to full EV penetration in 6 years. 6 years is not much time. That means every new model in the next 2 years has to come out as an EV To get there. Which is why all of these cars are getting killed off but stil….this is moving really fast. there are still millions of people in town houses who can’t plug in their cars at night, HOAs that forbid plugs, every single gas station does not have a charger yet. I just don’t think it’s going to happen so quickly yet all of these cars are just gone. Why not keep making them without new stuff added just to make sure that EV adoption is actually what they’re all projecting?
Won’t happen. It’s a pipe dream. All political imo. There’s not enough infrastructure for one. Look at what happened in California. They are were telling people not to charge their EVs because the grid was failing. There will be more of the same everywhere. It’s not green anyway. Just displaces the emissions.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's pretty obvious... Camaro EV just like Ram. Piggy back off the old name for a completely new unrelated vehicle. I cringe everytime I see a "Mustang" EV.
I generally like the Mach-E…except for the co-opting of the Mustang name. That’s just not right. Hopefully GM does better.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I generally like the Mach-E…except for the co-opting of the Mustang name. That’s just not right. Hopefully GM does better.
The Mach-E is a decent vehicle, imo. Don't know if they are all like this, but the one I drove had a constant whine that bugged me, there's no way I could spend much time in that

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
The Mach-E is a decent vehicle, imo. Don't know if they are all like this, but the one I drove had a constant whine that bugged me, there's no way I could spend much time in that
Looks like a nice ride. They aren’t very affordable. And look out in 5 to 10 years when you have to change the battery plant for $20,000. Yikes

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
None of these EV's or "go green" bs has anything to do with the environment. It's all political. Our already failing infrastructure will collapse which may very well be what the powers that be want. If you control the food you control the people. If you control the energy you control the country

Users who are viewing this thread