5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge limited tire/wheel on Dodge Rebel

FlorianICARDI

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a 2021 Dodge Rebel.
Has anyone put the LIMITED tire 22" on a Dodge Rebel? Pics Please!

Besides, I don't know much about it, but would you recommend doing it? Are there any disadvantages?

Thanks !

Attachments

• dodge-ram-1500-crew-limited-night-edition-148990343.jpg
    dodge-ram-1500-crew-limited-night-edition-148990343.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 30

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . You probably can do it but why ? Your ride quality won’t be as good and it’s an off road oriented truck .

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Besides, I don't know much about it, but would you recommend doing it? Are there any disadvantages?

Thanks !
First things first...You have a Ram Rebel. Dodge no longer makes pickups.

Your Rebel is a 5th gen Ram 1500. You can use wheels from any other 5th gen 1500 on your Rebel. I've seen lots of people put Rebel wheels on a Limited (myself included), but never the other way around. Because of that I doubt you'll find many pics of that setup. But honestly, from the side it wouldn't look much different than 22's on a Laramie with the ORG. Except for the color of the fender flares.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Or course, though if you are trying to save mpg, you are only dropping about 1" or less in circumference over the OEM wheel/tire combo. Get a set of used Laramie 18"s and you will gain quite a bit of mpg especially on street tires.

Happyswiss

Reaction score
It’s your truck, do as you like. No real technical disadvantages. Rebel tires are LT tires vs the 22s are XL rated, the 22s have a shorter side wall but more flex to them (10-ply vs 4-ply) and you won’t be able to max out either of their load limits before exceeding GWR. Shorter side wall, when comparing an 18” to a 22” tire of the same model, translates to better stability in turns, depending on your driving style. You will notice a difference in twisties for sure. It’s a fun truck so enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jmill012

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thanks !

Ill have a set with 2500 miles on them for sale in a week or two ;)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ill have a set with 2500 miles on them for sale in a week or two ;)

I've had a set I've been trying to sell for three years now LOL. No one local wants them and shipping them would be a pain. So they're sitting in storage until I decide what to do with them.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've had a set I've been trying to sell for three years now LOL. No one local wants them and shipping them would be a pain. So they're sitting in storage until I decide what to do with them.
I wanted to buy a spare set but people in the northeast seem to think a used set of oem wheels are worth $2k and shipping is silly lol.

RedRebelCA

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thanks !
Hi did you ever get any pictures? I’m currently trying to do the same but having a hard time finding any photos

Users who are viewing this thread