5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you house your Ram in a garage or outside?

SacRebel

Reaction score
It's a tight fit but it works. Being able to park it in the garage was a requirement for me. It protects the paint better and I don't have to worry about my truck getting broken into over night.

joshrich

Reaction score
Started putting it in the garage last night. Tight enough for that I have to fold both mirrors in but I have plenty of room front to back. Kind of a pain to get out and fold the mirrors in/out each time but worth it to be out of the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdavighi

Reaction score
Garage for sure. I live in Northern Massachusetts and in the winter it's a must

Cortesio

Reaction score
I had my house built back in 2016. It came with a standard size two car garage and it was perfect for the two sedans my wife and I had at the time. About a month later, I decided I needed a truck for all the home improvement projects I wanted to do and bought a 2016 Silverado. The truck would just fit in the garage. With the bumper barely clearing the garage door, there was just enough room to shimmy in front of it to get to the door into the house. Then all those projects I wanted to do started taking up garage space. I ended up moving the truck to the driveway and let my wife keep her spot. Put my big power tools on wheels so I can expand and collapse the workspace as needed.

I never intended to keep the Chevy forever because it wasn't equipped quite as well as I wanted. Here I am a little over three years later and I got what is pretty much my dream truck and it's even longer than my old truck. Go ahead and put me in the category of guys who want to garage it but are waiting until the next house with the big garage.

fridge

Reaction score
Put me in the category of guys who want to garage it but are waiting until the next house with the big garage.

Glenn54

Reaction score
I keep mine in the garage. When I had the garage built, I made it a little larger than standard. I keep my Ram and a boat in the garage. If I had it to do over again, It would be at least a 3 car garage, maybe a 4 car.

Lit_AF

Hardware Geek - Pro Detailer
Reaction score
Coated paint and in the shade away from trees.
Not worried about UV much, although it could get toasty around here.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure mine will fit...need to test...22 Inch wheels do not help for the height...lol.

So for now it is outside. :(

ryant601

Reaction score
Finally just got a garage space in my apartment building that doesn't require me to make any sharp turns!

Lady next to me is already complaining that it's hard for her to make the turn into her space in her miniature early 2000's Jeep Liberty when my mirrors are out...if she's coming that close to them - I'm a little concerned. I chalk it up to her as being one of those people who will find anything to complain about...I'm sure she preferred an empty space next to her.

taz2016

Reaction score
In the garage of course! When I built my house 27 years ago I had the garage enlarged to 26' deep by 28' wide. About 10 years ago I added another 12' by 24' addition. I have shelves in the front of the bay the truck is in leaving about 3' to walk behind it with the door closed. I did buy this "https://www.menards.com/main/search.html?sf_categoryHierarchy=&search=laser+garage" to make it easier to pull fully forward.

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Mine wont fit in my garage, so i ordered a metal carport and closed the side the weather comes from the most. It stays dry for the most part and out of direct sunlight, but my next house will have a bigger garage

mdemuysere

Reaction score
Garage, but my attached garage is not heated. It barely fits.. about 6 inches front and back.

There is a car wash in town that has monthly packages so for 35/month I get a pretty good wash and underbody once a day. So usually will do that on my way home from work if there is a day where the roads won't just make it slushed to crap immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online