5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do 18's fit? Wheel and Tire recs for my 2021 1500?

Foxglove

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. My 2021 1500 Limited factory 20's needs some more rubber between me and the curbs I drive over :)

I've read a bunch of the posts here, but still am not clear on if 18" wheels fit around the brake calipers of this beast? If so, which 18" rims do fit / what width should I roll with ideally? And then my second issue = what is the max width/diameter I can fit on the stock limited air suspension?

I do predominately city driving, but I also take her offroading on leaseholds down unpaved roads and fields, etc for work. So wanted to get a bit more tire between the wheel and objects I run over and also get more offroad grip. (also, if I'm just going about this logic the wrong way, let me know, I just have always assumed more rubber the better on sidewalls to give the rim more protection from being bent)

THANK YOU!

Some lovely photos of her brand new from a few months back:
IMG_1832.JPG

IMG_1845.JPG

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Look for a set of 18" stock take off wheels for a 5th gen rebel. I'm currently in the market for a set too but for the winter months in New England

Foxglove

Reaction score
Look for a set of 18" stock take off wheels for a 5th gen rebel. I'm currently in the market for a set too but for the winter months in New England
Good suggestion. Thank you. Looks like the Rebel OEMs are 18x8 and come in black/silver and all black. There are a bunch for sale locally in my area. But wasn't sure if any 18's work or really just these specific ones? I saw in a couple places on the forum that not all 18s fit, but it wasn't very consistent in the postings.

Then I guess I would put on something like 295/70/18 approx?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
My Bighorn factory wheels are 18 * 8 and they're wrapped with 275/65R18 tires.

Check craigslist and nextdoor and maybe even facebook marketplace for takeoffs. I wanted a full size matching spare and I scored 4 tires and wheels for $300!!! You just need to find someone who has no storage and needs to get rid of them.

Foxglove

Reaction score
My Bighorn factory wheels are 18 * 8 and they're wrapped with 275/65R18 tires.

Check craigslist and nextdoor and maybe even facebook marketplace for takeoffs. I wanted a full size matching spare and I scored 4 tires and wheels for $300!!! You just need to find someone who has no storage and needs to get rid of them.
Just bought a set of Rebel wheels with the oem goodyear AT tires for $500, local pickup. Perfect condition.

Still need to find what tire size I can fit on the stock Limited air suspension

b4e7307bc536444d42a745564c8def4d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A525M using Tapatalk

Foxglove

Reaction score
Picked them up today. Two of the four tires need immediate replacing so was thinking just move up size now.

What is the max size that I can I run without modification on stock limited air suspension on these 18s??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LouNY

Reaction score
I'm putting LT265/70R18's (32.6 inch) on stock rims for my snow tires,
my summers are the stock Falken LT275/65R18C's (32.1 inch).
Just visually I would say that you might get away with 33's but I wouldn't be surprised if 34's rubbed.
My truck is a 19 Laramie with the air ride.
side.jpg
The rears have more room then the fronts.

I don't have a good picture of the front corner, but there isn't a tremendous amount of room there.
front quarter.jpg

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang I’m going to keep an rug out for some stock rebel wheels. I wasn’t a fan of them until I saw a full matte black version

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Just bought a set of Rebel wheels with the oem goodyear AT tires for $500, local pickup. Perfect condition.

Still need to find what tire size I can fit on the stock Limited air suspension

b4e7307bc536444d42a745564c8def4d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A525M using Tapatalk
Cant beat those for $500. Good find

Shark875

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. My 2021 1500 Limited factory 20's needs some more rubber between me and the curbs I drive over :)

I've read a bunch of the posts here, but still am not clear on if 18" wheels fit around the brake calipers of this beast? If so, which 18" rims do fit / what width should I roll with ideally? And then my second issue = what is the max width/diameter I can fit on the stock limited air suspension?

I do predominately city driving, but I also take her offroading on leaseholds down unpaved roads and fields, etc for work. So wanted to get a bit more tire between the wheel and objects I run over and also get more offroad grip. (also, if I'm just going about this logic the wrong way, let me know, I just have always assumed more rubber the better on sidewalls to give the rim more protection from being bent)

THANK YOU!

View attachment 107737

View attachment 107738
Put 33s on the stock 18" rim. ride is great and I think it gives it a better look.

Attachments

• 20210903_211332.jpg
    20210903_211332.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 20210909_164501.jpg
    20210909_164501.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 104

Foxglove

Reaction score
Put 33s on the stock 18" rim. ride is great and I think it gives it a better look.
Oh nice! Love that look on your truck. Yeah 33's look like the winner on stock suspension height. These Rebel wheels have 275/70R18's on them, which is like 31.2". So going up a couple ticks will look nice and beefy!

Thanks all!

Foxglove

Reaction score
Dang I’m going to keep an rug out for some stock rebel wheels. I wasn’t a fan of them until I saw a full matte black version

Yes, the full black version is even better looking, but I really like both variants. Depending on your truck coloration, etc. There was only 1 full black version locally, but the guy wanted 1500 for the wheels+tires, which is obviously above-market for used wheel/tire takeoffs. If you wait you're likely to find them around you for cheap.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, the full black version is even better looking, but I really like both variants. Depending on your truck coloration, etc. There was only 1 full black version locally, but the guy wanted 1500 for the wheels+tires, which is obviously above-market for used wheel/tire takeoffs. If you wait you're likely to find them around you for cheap.
Most sets I found were going for 1000+. I don't think it's worth that amount at all.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most sets I found were going for 1000+. I don't think it's worth that amount at all.
Eh - I'm fixing to list my set of night edition rebel wheels and tires with only 3k miles on them plus TPMS sensors and black lugnuts for 1k. Very well worth that when all that is included. But guys who have 15-20k miles on the silver rebel wheels wanting over 1k for them, not worth it at all IMO.

Foxglove

Reaction score
Eh - I'm fixing to list my set of night edition rebel wheels and tires with only 3k miles on them plus TPMS sensors and black lugnuts for 1k. Very well worth that when all that is included. But guys who have 15-20k miles on the silver rebel wheels wanting over 1k for them, not worth it at all IMO.

Different areas have different pricing to some degree too because of the expense of shipping limits most to local deals. Here in Houston there are a lot of people selling them locally so can find some good low cost deals.

The ones i bought had like 20-25k miles on them and tread on 2/4 is gone. They do have TPMS as well though. FYI

Topher

Reaction score

THANK YOU!

View attachment 107737

View attachment 107738
Where are you at I'll happily trade my 18s bighorn rims and tires with you.

N0GX

Reaction score

THANK YOU!

View attachment 107737

View attachment 107738
I just put Icon Alloy Rebounds on my '21 Bighorn yesterday. 18X9 0 offset. I had to do a lot of searching and asking of questions to find an 18" wheel that would fit.

PXL_20211012_213244038.jpg

Foxglove

Reaction score

N0GX

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread