5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Distortion/Static through all speakers

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Earlier today for the first time after 37k miles out of nowhere my speakers started to put out a high pitch distortion sound when anything played though the speakers. This would happen with computer speaking commands, Bluetooth, AM, FM, Sirius XM, and USB media. Note that turning the volume to 0 produced no noise whatsoever.
I tried cutting the radio on/off, messing with the fade/balance, equalizer settings, all sources, unplugging/replugging USB drive, turning vehicle on/off. One thing I did notice during this was that my "Surround Sound" option was greyed out and not accessible under "Audio."

Well, after 4 restarts later everything is working just fine with no issues, and the "Surround Sound" is now clickable to turn on/off...no longer greyed out. I have since started the vehicle about 3-4 times and still no issues.
I don't know what caused it in the first place, but I think maybe something with the software concerning the Surround Sound.

I saw one other thread about this on ramforums. Anyone else have this occur?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Earlier today for the first time after 37k miles out of nowhere my speakers started to put out a high pitch distortion sound when anything played though the speakers. This would happen with computer speaking commands, Bluetooth, AM, FM, Sirius XM, and USB media. Note that turning the volume to 0 produced no noise whatsoever.
I tried cutting the radio on/off, messing with the fade/balance, equalizer settings, all sources, unplugging/replugging USB drive, turning vehicle on/off. One thing I did notice during this was that my "Surround Sound" option was greyed out and not accessible under "Audio."

Well, after 4 restarts later everything is working just fine with no issues, and the "Surround Sound" is now clickable to turn on/off...no longer greyed out. I have since started the vehicle about 3-4 times and still no issues.
I don't know what caused it in the first place, but I think maybe something with the software concerning the Surround Sound.

I saw one other thread about this on ramforums. Anyone else have this occur?

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Thankyou! So far so good still concerning the radio. Has not occurred again.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I saw one other thread about this on ramforums. Anyone else have this occur

Earlier today this began happening to me. I did some of the same things you mentioned but to no avail. Did you ever determine what caused it or how it resolved itself? I am so pissed. I contacted Sirius and Uconnect about possible OTA updates that may have screwed something up but came up dry. Any advice or help is much appreciated.

RamCares

Reaction score
Earlier today this began happening to me. I did some of the same things you mentioned but to no avail. Did you ever determine what caused it or how it resolved itself? I am so pissed. I contacted Sirius and Uconnect about possible OTA updates that may have screwed something up but came up dry. Any advice or help is much appreciated.
Hi MJP,

Were you provided with a case number when you called into the call center? Feel welcome to PM us your case number, or VIN, and we can take a further look into this for you.

Steph
Ram Cares

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi MJP,

Were you provided with a case number when you called into the call center? Feel welcome to PM us your case number, or VIN, and we can take a further look into this for you.

Steph
Ram Cares
I contacted Uconnect services. I was not given a case number. The customer service person suggested that I may need a software update and said I would need to go to the dealer and pay for it. I went online to check if there are any updates for my truck and there are none available.

RamCares

Reaction score
I contacted Uconnect services. I was not given a case number. The customer service person suggested that I may need a software update and said I would need to go to the dealer and pay for it. I went online to check if there are any updates for my truck and there are none available.

Thanks for confirming, MJP

You're welcome to PM us, including your VIN and software information, for further assistance.

Steph
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread