5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display Theme Resetting

BigHorn12345

Reaction score
Just bought a 2019 Big Horn with the 8.4” screen. Whenever I change the display theme, it will set it for the actually screen and the instrument cluster. Whenever I use the remote start, the instrument cluster goes back to the default theme 1 while the uconnect will stay on the theme I selected. It only does this when starting my truck with the remote. Anybody else had or is having this issue? Tired of having to reset the theme when I use the remote start. Whenever I start it with the push start it does not change themes on the instrument cluster.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This seems odd. My remote start via key fob does not do this. Are you using the key fob or uconnect app?

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Several threads on this. Its a programming glitch that is scheduled to be fixed sometime next year.

LeatherDog

Reaction score
I just purchased the Big Horn, and the software for does not offer a n option of changing the Theme. I had this option on my 2017.
What am I missing here?

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just purchased the Big Horn, and the software for does not offer a n option of changing the Theme. I had this option on my 2017.
What am I missing here?

I think it is only on nav-enabled radios.

Mason1217

Reaction score
This seems odd. My remote start via key fob does not do this. Are you using the key fob or uconnect app?
You have the Laramie, he, like I, have the big horn. I've heard the Laramie gets around the resetting issue by saving the settings in the driver 1 seat memory, neither him nor I have the seat memory feature in the big horn. So I think the issue is specific to 8.4 nav radio, big horn trim.

Bigrobinsocal

Reaction score
Just bought a 2019 Big Horn with the 8.4” screen. Whenever I change the display theme, it will set it for the actually screen and the instrument cluster. Whenever I use the remote start, the instrument cluster goes back to the default theme 1 while the uconnect will stay on the theme I selected. It only does this when starting my truck with the remote. Anybody else had or is having this issue? Tired of having to reset the theme when I use the remote start. Whenever I start it with the push start it does not change themes on the instrument cluster.
I have a 2019 Laramie and it does the same thing. Not sure what is causing it, but it’s not worth the time going to the dealer right now.

joe_hemipwr

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my 2019 Laramie. I notice it reverts when the remote start on the fob is used, when the app is used to remote start and even if one of the passenger doors is opened before the driver's door. Odd and annoying. I can't believe a bug like this was not caught before production. Hopefully a fix will be forthcoming soon.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Yup, sad to say, (and it is REALLY the only fault i have found with my new 2019) wish it weren't so but the 8.4 system is a general disappointment on many levels, and a definite downgrade if you were used to having themes and a few other option as i was from my 2018 Ram Sport Uconnect WITH Nav..... This Uconnect radio becomes "dead to the touch", delays, blank screens blinks and restarts far too often for my liking, and when apple car play nav is in navigation, it doesn't play sound, PLUS it takes a long delay to initiate ALL apps... Grrrrr!

Honestly, AT FIRST i didn't think not having Uconnect WITH Nav was a big deal because i had Apple Car play AND in my other 2019 vehicles, nav just wasn't needed, but i think those mfg's' integrated it far more seamlessly that RAM does, because in my RAM it feels like "quite a clunky experience". (Takes multiple plugins attempts for apple car play to engage, and i especially hate that you have to dive into settings and scroll EVERY TIME to get your media to play thru bluetooth. In all my other RAMS, if i just entered my car with iphone playing media, it AUTOMATICALLY started playing out of the speakers as soon as i started the vehicle ) Thank heaven for the improved upgraded screen resolution and that i opted for the Alpine subwoofer,or the radio experience would have been a total disappointment all the way around.

Why they had to go and split with Guardian is a disaster if you ask me. When i gave up Nav i had no idea i wouldn't be able to have Uconnect remote start (not on my keyfob, i have that) and other remote features ( like door unlock, locate etc) if i were willing to pay for a subscription, but after i took delivery i called them and they were like, "you don't have a Guardian radio" (no SOS button, so NO remote services. Annoyed me at first, i would think it would be a "bigger known fact" that they had "split into two separate entities..."

BUT that aside, i just love love love ALL of the other improvements to the 2019, hands down their best RAM yet, without a doubt, just wish they wouldn't of equipped it with a "watered down features, quirky laggy radio" :)

Last edited:

Quicker10u

Reaction score
I have this glitch also. It's annoying, but is my only consistent issue with the Uconnect. Is the update going to be pushed to the truck automatically or will I have to visit the dealership and endure the nightmare? I think the Uconnect is great and this comes from someone used to Audi/VW/Porsche MMI's.

MattF

Reaction score
I actually have a combination of problems.

They are:
1) Autostart => the theme resets fully (the dashboard display and the Uconnect display)
2) Simply over a period of time the dashboard display resets but the Uconnect display does not.

The truck is going in for service in a couple of weeks - I'll circle back with the results.

Matt

RodRow

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my 2019 Laramie. I notice it reverts when the remote start on the fob is used, when the app is used to remote start and even if one of the passenger doors is opened before the driver's door. Odd and annoying. I can't believe a bug like this was not caught before production. Hopefully a fix will be forthcoming soon.
I notice this exact same behavior. My theme sticks on both until the remote start is used, then it reverts the dash screen only to turn he default. Not that big of a deal, but I’ll be glad when it’s resolved. :)

Rick3019

Reaction score
I notice this exact same behavior. My theme sticks on both until the remote start is used, then it reverts the dash screen only to turn he default. Not that big of a deal, but I’ll be glad when it’s resolved. :)
I took my truck to the dealer for this issue they said update will be sent to your radio and you will install it . See attach file

Attachments

• 716B565F-5210-4FCC-8921-837F723EC0EA.jpeg
    716B565F-5210-4FCC-8921-837F723EC0EA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 218

Justin232

Reaction score
Uconnect told me the update will be over the air by the end of February 2019. Still nothing. Very annoying

RodRow

Reaction score
I haven’t, but I’m anxiously awaiting this fix. I’m pretty sure that my 8.4 Nav downloaded an update earlier this week and reset all my memory settings, but it didn’t resolve this issue.

scottmort

Reaction score
Did this Theme resetting issue ever get fixed? I just bought a 2019 Laramie and I have all the symptoms mentioned here, and I have tried the seat profile setting and that does not work either.

Ramduke

Reaction score
Did this Theme resetting issue ever get fixed? I just bought a 2019 Laramie and I have all the symptoms mentioned here, and I have tried the seat profile setting and that does not work either.
Nope, sure HAS NOT! I just got my 8.4” replaced because of the many other issues posted...
Screen stays blank
Audio will not make any sounds
Camera stopped working
Eventually all of those issue resolved themselves, except for:
Previous screen retention of images and a smug looking spot burned into the screen. The truck only had 17k miles on it!
Dealer replaced the unit and still the Display Theme resets!
How can these programmers be so lazy as to NOT fix this? It’s unacceptable for this $$$ of a vehicle!
Btw - The software version is the 18.23.29
The dealer told me this is the latest for the Laramie...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread