5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display Theme Resetting

jfelderh

Reaction score
Same issue. Got an update that supposedly might fix it last month. Well it did not. Still a problem.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After over two years of waiting I've gotten two OTAs in the last 2 months. Neither fixed the theme issue.

Tones1975

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure at this point the powers that be are not going to fix this. They know about it but it isn't important. I've given up. I just put it on the theme it defaults to in the dash display......this is the only way the 2 screens match continuously.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure at this point the powers that be are not going to fix this. They know about it but it isn't important. I've given up. I just put it on the theme it defaults to in the dash display......this is the only way the 2 screens match continuously.
With uConnect 5 going into all the vehicles we are definitely going to be on the backburner for whenever they have free time to patch/fix uConnect 4 (if at all).

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Guys.. get a TazerDT and forget about it... easy fix and it also comes with some other nice features!
Also, a 12" radio upgrade will take care of this issue too; for some reason, they figured out the software in the UAX radios and it's not reverting back to default but not in the 8.4" Nav.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I have a TazerDT and it did not fix this issue for me. Any advice?
Did you change the splash screen using the TazerDT?
It's not going to fix it if you just plug it in. You actually have to change the splash screen in the Tazer's menu for it to load a new theme.

jslif27

Reaction score
I had my 2019 Big Horn in for maintenance last week and requested another radio update. So far, the update seems to have fixed the issue. There were also so new features/changes to the GUI. I do not know what version they upgraded to.

Ratchet

Reaction score
I had my 2019 Big Horn in for maintenance last week and requested another radio update. So far, the update seems to have fixed the issue. There were also so new features/changes to the GUI. I do not know what version they upgraded to.
Go into your infotainment settings/system information and the revision numbers will be in there. Post them up if you don't mind.

jslif27

Reaction score
Go into your infotainment settings/system information and the revision numbers will be in there. Post them up if you don't mind.
Sorry if I'm not looking in the right place, the only option I have is to see the software license. No options to view version. If you're able to walk me through specifics, I'd be glad to post version.

Attachments

• IMG-5382.jpg
    IMG-5382.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-5384.jpg
    IMG-5384.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 27

Ratchet

Reaction score
I apologize as I told you the wrong method.

On your display and at the same time, press and hold the two icons at the bottom left and bottom right of the screen for a few seconds. You'll hear a quick beep and a menu will appear. Tap system information. Tap radio part information. There is where you will find the software version.

jslif27

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Below are what I thought were relevant items.

Hardware part number : CNSC27N3GL
Software Version : 21.14.14
App Version : USA-SBX-8.4-QR-39.6.0-20210405-Q0H4
BootMicro Version : 21.13.01
HD Tuner Firmware : J6PRM000-CTP2_VP4-33000001-EV011.021
EQ Version : 4.1
CDM Version : E02.01

Ratchet

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. I'm on a much older version (18.23.29). Same boat... uconnect website says I'm up to date. Off to dealer I go. Tire of this display crap going wonky.

jslif27

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. I'm on a much older version (18.23.29). Same boat... uconnect website says I'm up to date. Off to dealer I go. Tire of this display crap going wonky.
Good luck, hopefully they can help you. I honestly wasn't expecting a fix for that, I had given up hope that it would be fixed. I've been having issues with no audio, that's the reason why I asked for an update this time.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
You get your radio software updated?

Ratchet

Reaction score
You get your radio software updated?
Not yet. Been working solo at the shop and got a crazy job offer that I cant say no to. Been busy dealing with all of that. After 30 years, I'm getting out of automotive and going into pharma. Will be a process engineer and sub maint tech. Make **** and keep **** running. Haha. I'm excited!

GraniteRam

Reaction score
C
Not yet. Been working solo at the shop and got a crazy job offer that I cant say no to. Been busy dealing with all of that. After 30 years, I'm getting out of automotive and going into pharma. Will be a process engineer and sub maint tech. Make **** and keep **** running. Haha. I'm excited!
Congratulations.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Thanks! Gonna be a much cleaner and less stressed working environment. :)

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn’t even know there was a theme setting. How do you change this?

Users who are viewing this thread